More ramblings from someone trapped in the sand

xBopx

Jan 11, 2003
She glides toward me, between the aisles. Her lips part into a smile, and her warmth reflects across my face. What story is this that I am trying to tell? A story of love that has not happened yet, but races forward in my mind ? a runaway train that propels my thoughts and actions.

Sitting next to me, we exchange pleasantries. In my mind there is no space between us. Intertwined like ocean waves sliding back and forth across the sandy beach her presence envelopes me like a rising wave collapsing onto itself ? turning over and over ? churning the sand, smoothing over childhood sandcastles(evidence of previous painful undertakings) ? numbing them until they are recognizable only as true lessons in harmony.

And then class is over, and I am suffocating beneath the sand. Trapped, as the ocean declines ? fades away with the setting of the moon.

And I wait in the sand ? the lingering presence of her moisture gives me chills. My thoughts climb towards the stars over head, and I look down upon my body ? so close to the ocean.

J3anyus

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2001
Sounds to me like you're going to be completely screwed if a relationship with her doesn't work out. Don't get yourself too involved just yet, or else risk mass pain. Your choice.

xBopx

Jan 11, 2003
Originally posted by: J3anyus
Sounds to me like you're going to be completely screwed if a relationship with her doesn't work out. Don't get yourself too involved just yet, or else risk mass pain. Your choice.
Good advice. While I think that the writing I did above was an exaggeration of my feelings it does lead down a dangerous path. Its so easy to lose sight of reality, but it is reality that I should cling to the most because it is what has the most meaning.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Bop
She glides toward me, between the aisles. Her lips part into a smile, and her warmth reflects across my face. What story is this that I am trying to tell? A story of love that has not happened yet, but races forward in my mind ? a runaway train that propels my thoughts and actions.

Sitting next to me, we exchange pleasantries. In my mind there is no space between us. Intertwined like ocean waves sliding back and forth across the sandy beach her presence envelopes me like a rising wave collapsing onto itself ? turning over and over ? churning the sand, smoothing over childhood sandcastles(evidence of previous painful undertakings) ? numbing them until they are recognizable only as true lessons in harmony.

And then class is over, and I am suffocating beneath the sand. Trapped, as the ocean declines ? fades away with the setting of the moon.

And I wait in the sand ? the lingering presence of her moisture gives me chills. My thoughts climb towards the stars over head, and I look down upon my body ? so close to the ocean.

Sounds like a problem that a lot of the nerds here on the boards have :p

xBopx

Jan 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs

I think that perhaps it is the feeling of being trapped that is the cause of the problems that these nerds have. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I am not trapped - in fact I am more free than I have ever been.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs

I think that perhaps it is the feeling of being trapped that is the cause of the problems that these nerds have. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I am not trapped - in fact I am more free than I have ever been.

yeah but lets see you be free the next time you see her. you'll "clam" up just like before. ;)

edit: damn, that was kind of mean. forget i said that.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
She pursued and I withdrew... I pursued and she withdrew... and so we danced... and I burned for her... much like the burning during urination that I would experience soon after.