• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Discussion More praise for the iPhone...

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
NOTE: This is not a fanboy thread, and this is not intended to "troll" anyone. Yes, I am 100% serious, and I am not joking. With that out of the way, lets proceed...

A former Android user myself, I am starting to see why Apple is such a wealthy company. It is not because they brainwash people into buying their stuff, but because their stuff is actually worth the money they charge!

As an example, take my iPhone X. It's already more than a year old, yet still beats even the newest, fastest Android phone, the Galaxy S10 + in Geekbench scores.

Again, lets remember that the iPhone X is an old product, yet the S10 is a brand new, just released phone. The hardware, is clearly lacking. No matter how much these Samsung folks try, they simply cannot reach the sheer speed of the Apple CPUs.

The ONLY thing Samsung has going for it, is that they finally beat the iPhone in 3D graphics score. But first of all, that will be remedied in the next iPhone iteration, and second, the overall phone speed is much more important than game scores. Not to mention, Android supports fewer AAA games than iOS.

Say whatever you want, but the facts speak for themselves...

Here's a final nail in the coffin of the Android platform, in my opinion... My mother still uses the iPhone 6 Plus, which shows absolutely no signs of any slowdown or aging. That's the original six, and not even the 6S. This is all thanks to Apples generosity where they decided to extend support for the iOS 12, as well as let people replace their old batteries at a hefty discount. If this doesn't show the company cares, I don't know what does. It is clear, they lost a lot of profit by doing these things.

This iPhone Six Plus, NEVER freezes, stutters or anything of that nature. It is rock solid, butter smooth and going strong for many years now. Please, show me an Android phone from that year which is still fully supported and allows to install the latest version of Android?! That's right. There is none!

Agreed, iOS is somewhat boring. But when you invest $800-$1000 into an iPhone, you can bet that money will go a long way, whereas with Android, you'll have to get a new one 2-3 years from the purchase date if you want support for latest software and top performance.

There were countless times when I wanted to get rid of my "boring" iPhone and get a shiny new Pixel 3, One Plus or Samsung. But these phones are not even in the same league with Apple. So I'll just keep trucking on with my "old" device, and maybe, just maybe I'll decide to keep it for as many years as my mom did.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
You know benchmarks mean nothing in the "real" world.

I just had to school an iphone user who was trying to download a video from instagram to her iphone and it just wouldn;t. Downloaded same video to my note 9 and it just worked.

And yes, my iphone 6 plus can barely play pokemon go. So they do slow down. You are living a lie.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
This. All the top phones from the last couple of years have been "fast enough". That's why sales of high end phones are stalling across the board.

That plus the ridiculous prices everyone is asking.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005

I just had to school an iphone user who was trying to download a video from instagram to her iphone and it just wouldn;t. Downloaded same video to my note 9 and it just worked.

And yes, my iphone 6 plus can barely play pokemon go. So they do slow down. You are living a lie.
This. All the top phones from the last couple of years have been "fast enough". That's why sales of high end phones are stalling across the board.

That plus the ridiculous prices everyone is asking.

Well, yes and no. I used to believe exactly the same thing, but it does look like these benchmarks translate to real world performance.

I have yet to play Pokemon Go on an iPhone 6, but I'll test it out to see if you're right.

Another huge thing for me is prices. Yes, indeed the S10 is same price as the XS, but it's much more expensive than the used X, and the used X is just as fast, and not really missing anything in comparison except the better screen on the Galaxy.

I just read the reviews for the S10+ and not impressed with the low light picture quality when shooting people. It's quite fuzzy. Pixel 3 is miles better, and even my X is better(I think). Could be wrong.

I really hope the Note 10 will finally improve on all things the S10 did not upgrade. I used to have a Note 4 a long time ago and loved it. But after Bixby, and the poor speaker quality(supposedly improved since) I joined the Apple team. I may sound like I am biased, but really, I am not. I'll happily return to the Android platform once I see longer support for newer versions, less bloat, better cameras and faster CPUs.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
But when you invest $800-$1000 into an iPhone,
Sure, but that there is the issue. All my android phones have been <$300 except one ($450, wasn't worth it). Are they as "fast" or last as long? Maybe not, but I can get 3 for the price of an iphone. Even if they last longer I'm still ahead, plus I don't have to use iOS..

RanjitAlexander

May 17, 2021
I myself was an android user for 8 years, and the best phone I used was the galaxy note 5 for 5 years. The problem was there were no more updates for the model and the UI was boring, I had to use the Nova launcher in order to make the UI colorful. In 2020 I had to change from Android to iOS. The regular updates make the iOS interesting and the smooth performance of the phone without and hang is the greatest thing.

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
After my journey w/ WP/W10M I am a dual phones user, ip8 and Umidigi(no name chinese phone) then LG G8x dual. I still can not stand the iphone icon arrangement, no file manager, over aggressive auto correct, back on top left corner, a bunch of I don't know what those are icon on top of the keyboard and shitty hot spot.

On the other hand Umidigi(A5 Pro) surprised me on how good they are - if you don't care much about camera). Rock solid, all day battery, nice screen, best finger print reader I ever used and more updates than LG lol.

If I can only use 1 phone it will be Android hand down.

Reactions: Oyeve

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I only use iphones because my users at work are dumbasses and I have to help them when they screw things up, which is a lot, my daily personal phone is a Note 20 Ultra. My tablet of choice used to be an ipad pro 10.5 but I recently went galaxy tab 7+ and sold my ipad. Its really an amazing tablet. I literally have around 25 iphones from a 4s to an iphone 12 and since the 6s the apple phone has been exactly the same experience. Maybe they get faster year after year but using them is the exact same for the last 7 versions. snore.

ASK THE COMMUNITY