More people killed in Washington DC than Iraq, time to pull out of D.C!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: hagbard
All it proves is that Americans are violence producers and exporters.

How are you doing, troll? Still hanging out under the bridge?
rolleye.gif

With that being said, I do not think those figures are accurate in the context presented.

If you were comparing solely violence towards police officers in DC to combat deaths in Iraq, then maybe you might be getting somewhere. If you were using violent fatalities non-combat-related (i.e. just regular street crime) to similar stats from DC, then maybe you'd be getting somewhere. Until you bring that, then I say it's bunk.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Yeah I'd probably do her, it would be all the sweeter being that I'm a hard core social liberal, if nothing else, just out of contempt. Pscycho biatch.

That's a mighty "progressive" attitude you've got there--surely an inspiration to liberals and feminazis the world over.

Of course in reality, Coulter would probably scat in your willing, and waiting, mouth.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Corn
Yeah I'd probably do her, it would be all the sweeter being that I'm a hard core social liberal, if nothing else, just out of contempt. Pscycho biatch.

That's a mighty "progressive" attitude you've got there--surely an inspiration to liberals and feminazis the world over.

Of course in reality, Coulter would probably scat in your willing, and waiting, mouth.

Did I hit a sore spot there Corn? A real lady you got there, taking dumps in people's mouths, real classy. How did you even think of something like that? Does anyone else here randomly visualize women taking craps in people's mouths or is that just a Corn thing?

P.S. Coulter could burn in hell for all I care. She epitomizes everything that is wrong with conservatives.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Forget pulling out of Iraq now, we've already screwed the pooch on that one. What we need is to put more soldiers in there to finish the job and to protect the Soldiers we have there now. The Neo Cons led by Rummy and Herr Wolfowitz tried to do this on the cheap and now our boys are paying the price.

BTW, If I were to quote something from that Hysterical Bitch's Website I too would have been hesitant to post a link to it just like the Heartless Surgeon initially was.

Corn, I think Coulter would prefer a Litter box to anyones mouth.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Did I hit a sore spot there Corn?

LOL, not hardly, was merely waxing amused at the irony of a self-proclaimed "liberal" describing his disturbing and degrading fantasies......

A real lady you got there, taking dumps in people's mouths, real classy.

Never said she was a "lady".......

How did you even think of something like that? Does anyone else here randomly visualize women taking craps in people's mouths or is that just a Corn thing?

Well, that crap spewing out of your mouth had to come from somewhere, didn't it?

Mardeth

Platinum Member
Jul 24, 2002
Originally posted by: Whitling
"So far, fewer troops have been killed by hostile fire since the end of major combat in Iraq than civilians were murdered in Washington, D.C., last year (239 deaths in Iraq compared to 262 murders in D.C.)."

An example of your basic bull$hit with statistics. I would have expected better of Heart. Heart's ditty does not take into account that Iraq covers half a year and the Washington statistics cover a whole year, there's no adjustment for pupulations, combat deaths in Iraq are being compared to total violent deaths in Washington -- let's adjust by adding in total violent deaths. You know, those pesky Iraqis, dying at about a 4 to 1 ratio.

Holy Mackeral, Heart! Next time start a thread on what the Simpsons are doing. It would be more entertaining and more relevant.

EDITED: And is putting a link in too hard?

Ok it so its 6 monhts compared to 12, but isnt it still pretty insane that in your capital there are half as much people murdered than in a freaking war...

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Mardeth, thanks for correcting my spelling on "Vietnam" (in another thread). I suspect, however, we won't be double dating soon. I'm not even going to get into your implied definition of "murdered" when you structured your response to imply that our soldiers were "murdered" in Iraq. Someone else on this board pointed out that a more realistic measurement (since you don't take Iraqi deaths into account) is, how many cops were killed in D.C.? Iraq is way the hell more dangerous to Americans than D.C. and it's disengenuous to say differently.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: SuperTool
I support Republicans pulling out of Washington DC, and intend to help them next November :D

seconded.

but listen, there are HUGE differences between the situations. instead of saying "hey look there are more deaths in DC so stop complaining you liberal puss (paraphrasing a sentiment i have heard, not quoting anyone here specifically)" why not look at these numbers and say "oh right, DC is still a shithole. lets clean it up and try and get some semblance of law and order in our nations capital." ?

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Now wait, guys. Maybe there's an opportunity here. We've decided that disarming Iraq will make it more peacful. It stands to reason that disarmming America will make it more peaceful.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
i believe washington dc has been "run" by Democrats since at least 1974 (when DC was "granted " home rule by congress)

Eleanor Holmes Norton is the congressional rep from DC (she's left of Dean)

the current Mayor of DC is Anthony Williams, a former appointee of Marion "Cocaine" Barry (he served as CFO for Barry....follow the money)

the governance of DC is under democratic control, and it is arguably a more dangerous place for americans than iraq. i believe Ms Coulter wishes to point out that the democrats are not declaring DC a "quagmire" and condemming the loss of life in DC with the same zeal as they do in Iraq.

it's "insensitive and disgusting" for democrats to "minimize the sacrifice" of life which surrounds them as they work, while politicizing the loss of life of our soldiers.......

djNickb

Oct 16, 2003
Does anyone disagree with the thinking that we need to fix whats wrong at home before we 'try' to fix the rest of the world?

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Originally posted by: djNickb
Does anyone disagree with the thinking that we need to fix whats wrong at home before we 'try' to fix the rest of the world?

Most of the rest of the world agrees with you.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon
i believe washington dc has been "run" by Democrats since at least 1974 (when DC was "granted " home rule by congress)

Eleanor Holmes Norton is the congressional rep from DC (she's left of Dean)

the current Mayor of DC is Anthony Williams, a former appointee of Marion "Cocaine" Barry (he served as CFO for Barry....follow the money)

the governance of DC is under democratic control, and it is arguably a more dangerous place for americans than iraq. i believe Ms Coulter wishes to point out that the democrats are not declaring DC a "quagmire" and condemming the loss of life in DC with the same zeal as they do in Iraq.

it's "insensitive and disgusting" for democrats to "minimize the sacrifice" of life which surrounds them as they work, while politicizing the loss of life of our soldiers.......

Yeah, compare murdered civilian to murdered soldiers who are heavily armed and on high alert. If 100 police who are half as well armed as the American soldiers killed by bombs, RPGs or land minds in DC in the past 6 month, the mayor of DC probably declared a state of emergency already.

Man, these right wingers either lack the logical thinking or are just plain stupid to think people gonna actually fall for these arguments.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
compare murdered civilian to murdered soldiers

so it doesn't bother you that Washington DC, our capitol, has had 262 murders so far this year?
dead washingtonians just don't worry you as much as dead soldiers?

i find it obscene that anyone can rant and rave about the deaths of americans on foreign soil for political gain, and
then glibly dismiss the deaths of americans in the capitol of our country.

where is the outrage about the job the local DC government is/isn't doing?

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Heart, does this mean you're ready to give up your guns or, if you don't have any, have those who do give up their guns?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
<<i find it obscene that anyone can rant and rave about the deaths of americans on foreign soil for political gain, and
then glibly dismiss the deaths of americans in the capitol of our country.>>

What kind of responses were you hoping for hs?

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

Gaard asks:

What kind of responses were you hoping for hs?

Something along the same lines as the responses you fine liberals give every time someone else dies in the other quagmire, I'd bet.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon
compare murdered civilian to murdered soldiers

so it doesn't bother you that Washington DC, our capitol, has had 262 murders so far this year?
dead washingtonians just don't worry you as much as dead soldiers?

i find it obscene that anyone can rant and rave about the deaths of americans on foreign soil for political gain, and
then glibly dismiss the deaths of americans in the capitol of our country.

where is the outrage about the job the local DC government is/isn't doing?

There's no vocal outrage in THIS thread HeartlessSurgeon, because it's painfully obvious why you posted it in the first place. People aren't taking your bait, because you've already beaten everyone to the punch and politicized the deaths in DC to make some feeble point about liberals who get stirred up over military deaths in Iraq.

Well, think about this: At least those liberals are upset about the military deaths in Iraq in the first place. Enough to post about it and get up in arms over it. Meanwhile, the administration goes out of its way to prevent publication of deaths and injuries in the media, and most of the pro-war folks around here rail on and on about how "...only bad news gets posted...."