More people killed in Washington DC than Iraq, time to pull out of D.C!

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
"So far, fewer troops have been killed by hostile fire since the end of major combat in Iraq than civilians were murdered in Washington, D.C., last year (239 deaths in Iraq compared to 262 murders in D.C.). How many years has it been since we declared the end of major U.S. combat operations against Marion Barry's regime? How long before we just give up and pull out of that hellish quagmire known as Washington, D.C.?"

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: Gonad the Barbarian
Maybe D.C. just needs a regime change.

Maybe if we'd just leave them alone they wouldn't kill or harm anyone.

CkG

Yes, that is EXACTLY the argument of the anti-war crowd...
rolleye.gif

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon
"So far, fewer troops have been killed by hostile fire since the end of major combat in Iraq than civilians were murdered in Washington, D.C., last year (239 deaths in Iraq compared to 262 murders in D.C.). How many years has it been since we declared the end of major U.S. combat operations against Marion Barry's regime? How long before we just give up and pull out of that hellish quagmire known as Washington, D.C.?"

Insensitive and disgusting.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
actually washington dc wasn't built on a quagmire, it was built on a swamp :)

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

What are the "root causes" of terrorism again?

Hrmmmmmm, for some reason I recall one of the most oft given was our "meddling" in the affairs of other countries.......but I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong and that was never given by the "we had it coming" crowd..

privatebreyer

Nov 28, 2002
It's slightly insensitive to the families of those brave soldiers we've lost by minimizing there sacrifice, and the analogy is shakey at best, but if you want to compare death tolls, we've got the about the same casualty count in 8 months as we do in a year in our own national capital.

Now, which territory is hostile?

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
"So far, fewer troops have been killed by hostile fire since the end of major combat in Iraq than civilians were murdered in Washington, D.C., last year (239 deaths in Iraq compared to 262 murders in D.C.)."

An example of your basic bull$hit with statistics. I would have expected better of Heart. Heart's ditty does not take into account that Iraq covers half a year and the Washington statistics cover a whole year, there's no adjustment for pupulations, combat deaths in Iraq are being compared to total violent deaths in Washington -- let's adjust by adding in total violent deaths. You know, those pesky Iraqis, dying at about a 4 to 1 ratio.

Holy Mackeral, Heart! Next time start a thread on what the Simpsons are doing. It would be more entertaining and more relevant.

EDITED: And is putting a link in too hard?

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Corn
Insensitive and disgusting.

Please do point out what was so "insensitive" and "disgusting" about his comparison.

He is trying to minimize US casualties in Iraq. Over 50k + people die in the US due to car accidents. So what. Apples and oranges.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
This thread seems strangely familiar. For some reason, I'm thinking about Galt and his France threads. :)

On a side note, I think heartsurgeon deserves a round of applause...this is his first post without the word 'Clinton' in it. :wine:

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: Corn

Hrmmmmmm, for some reason I recall one of the most oft given was our "meddling" in the affairs of other countries.......but I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong and that was never given by the "we had it coming" crowd..

We can't do anything about the past, we can atleast TRY to fix the future.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

your wish is my command....

linky
That explains a lot.

Let me join Gaard though, in congratulating you on your first post that doesn't include Clinton-bashing. Way to go!

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Wait a second...

There were thousands of Iraqi's killed in D.C too?!?!

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Let me join Gaard though, in congratulating you on your first post that doesn't include Clinton-bashing. Way to go!

because of this overwhelming praise, i feel compelled to forego clinton bashing in the future...

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

your wish is my command....

linky

I just brushed it off as absent-mindedness when heartsurgeon neglected to supply a link in his first post. I now realize it was shame. :)

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002

weird, most of the larger scale terrorism is because we didn't meddle in other's affairs in time. ex: if we had overthrown the taliban before osama attacked us.

oh wait, you're saying we're glad we didn't intervene with hitler in germany in 1939 as he invaded poland?

UN: Useless Nations

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
I now realize it was shame

on the contrary, it was part of a carefully crafted plot to lure you into the post, then supply
the link..thereby making it irresistable to read..

voila! another soul potentially saved by the lyrical musings of Ms. C.

prometheusxls

Apr 27, 2003

As a DC resident I have to second that. No taxation wihtout representation, after all.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Curious and odd comparison . . . not really worth commentary . . . on a lighter note . . . can anyone think of GOP skank that's more attractive than Ann Coulter?

pix

Your link is dead for me, heartsurgeon, but here's the TownHall article that I imagine you linked previously.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Curious and odd comparison . . . not really worth commentary . . . on a lighter note . . . can anyone think of GOP skank that's more attractive than Ann Coulter?

pix

Your link is dead for me, heartsurgeon, but here's the TownHall article that I imagine you linked previously.

Yeah I'd probably do her, it would be all the sweeter being that I'm a hard core social liberal, if nothing else, just out of contempt. Pscycho biatch.