More of that Trump admin expert vetting on display.

Jan 25, 2011
Another shining example of the grifters who run this admin.

Mina Chang lied about her education claiming to be a Harvard Alumni (She attended an unaccredited christian school), lied about her experience by inflating the scope of her charity she ran, she created a fake Time Magazine cover (sounds familiar) and touted it in a staged interview with a YouTube personality, claimed to have addressed both the GOP and Dem 2016 conventions and was a participant on a UN panel on humanitarian relief which she was not a part of and only had one round table meeting.

And yes, she is still in her position for now.

An NBC News investigation found that Mina Chang, the deputy assistant secretary in the State Department's Bureau of Conflict and Stability Operations, has inflated her educational achievements — like claiming, falsely, to be a Harvard grad — and exaggerated the scope of her nonprofit's work.

In a 2017 video posted on her nonprofit's website, Chang can be heard describing her work while a Time magazine cover with her face on it scrolls past.
"Here you are on Time magazine, congratulations! Tell me about this cover and how it came to be?" asks the interviewer, who hosts a YouTube show.

"Well, we started using drone technology in disaster response and so that was when the whole talk of how is technology being used to save lives in disaster response scenarios, I suppose I brought some attention to that," Chang said.

The interviewer says Chang brought the Time cover to the interview as an example of her work.

Last edited:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Somehow, some way, this will be twisted into a narrative that Asian Americans/diversity hires are always over-inflating their resumes, OR she would’ve attended Harvard, but she was one of those Asian Americans who were passed up in favor of a lesser-qualified minority candidate.

Feb 4, 2009
Somehow, some way, this will be twisted into a narrative that Asian Americans/diversity hires are always over-inflating their resumes, OR she would’ve attended Harvard, but she was one of those Asian Americans who were passed up in favor of a lesser-qualified minority candidate.

Nah she looks the part. Attractive and tough looking.
That is the only requirement.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Do I have it all?

Mina Chang falsely claimed to:
*Be a Harvard Business School "alumna"
*Run a nonprofit that worked in 40 countries.
*Be on a fabricated UN panel
*Address both Republican and Democratic conventions
*Created a fake Time Magazine cover with her face on it and passed it off as real.

Feb 4, 2009
Do I have it all?

*Created a fake Time Magazine cover with her face on it and passed it off as real.

You missed that she’s hot.
How someone can lie about a degree they don’t have slide by White House vetting is beyond me.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Fake President, Fake Administration, Fake Rage, Fake Feelings and Fake MAGA Slogan = The Reality Shit Show

Feb 4, 2009
Serious question and I don’t know the answer.

Do people like Her apply to every administration? I’m saying does every new White House team get a flood of bogus candidates with fake diplomas and fake qualifications?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Just wait until a Dem is prez and then conservatives will be concerned again, insisting that Dems take them seriously. They broke their own legs to stand on with pretty much every issue.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I think we can safely put AOC and the squad on the SCOTUS.. who needs vetting?

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Do I have it all?

Sounds like the perfect candidate. She certainly reflects the values of the Administration!

Serious question and I don’t know the answer.

Do people like Her apply to every administration? I’m saying does every new White House team get a flood of bogus candidates with fake diplomas and fake qualifications?

Yes. Because the worst that is likely to happen is they not get a call back, but the best that can happen is they get hired to a high powered high pay government job. Even if they get kicked out they probably made some valuable connections that will admire their ability to convince people of complete bullshit. That is a valuable skill in DC.

Haha, vetting is for the plebes.

Trump has already said he has no need to vet people, the news will do it for him. And if he happens to get a few bad ones it is no big deal. It is not like they can undermine U.S. national interests or anything.

Mina Chang is the deputy assistant secretary in the State Department's Bureau of Conflict and Stability Operations. CSO's mission is to anticipate, prevent, and respond to conflict that undermines U.S. national interests. ... The objective is to inform U.S. strategy, policy, and programs on conflict prevention and stabilization

Well, fuck.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Sounds like the perfect candidate. She certainly reflects the values of the Administration!

Yes. Because the worst that is likely to happen is they not get a call back, but the best that can happen is they get hired to a high powered high pay government job. Even if they get kicked out they probably made some valuable connections that will admire their ability to convince people of complete bullshit. That is a valuable skill in DC.

Trump has already said he has no need to vet people, the news will do it for him. And if he happens to get a few bad ones it is no big deal. It is not like they can undermine U.S. national interests or anything.

Well, fuck.

Brilliant!

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
This is why Dump could never run a publicly traded company. The staggering level of bumbling incompetence would have him out on his ass in a couple weeks.

But 60 million thought he was perfect to run the country.