More liberal Intolerance on Display, actress called Slut, bitch, and slave

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
How dare you post something that Bow and Jhhnn don't like. You meany, you troll type person. Just because a bunch of liberal Democrats spewed racist bullshit all over the woman because she is voting Republican!

Just another example of the racist liberal intolerant mindset. She better get her ass back on the Democrat plantation pronto.
Nobody with at least three working brain cells gives a rat's ass what a bunch of ignorant, immature misfits tweet. They are kids, they spew childish, hateful tripe, their comments are representative of nobody who matters to reasoning adults. This, of course, explains perfectly the knee-jerk faux outrage of you and Michal. It is a complete non-story, eagerly seeking partisan droids like you two to flog it as if it matters, duhverting focus from substantive stories that actually affect America.

Mission accomplished. Here's a tissue. Go clean yourself up.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
To play devils advocate though, I don't see anyone condemning these comments either. I expect that from the right, the left, is usually pretty good about shaming it's own.
I can't speak for anyone else, but to me the comments were so self-evidently wrong that it didn't seem necessary to point it out. Of course they're awful. I can't imagine any civil adult believing otherwise. They were also from Twitter, which (again IMHO) can be dismissed out of hand, and is therefore a non-story. One expects to see asinine and inappropriate comments on unmoderated social media; only a shameless partisan hack tries to declare it a story.

Dec 10, 2005
I can't speak for anyone else, but to me the comments were so self-evidently wrong that it didn't seem necessary to point it out.

This is necessary technology for comment sections: http://xkcd.com/481/
listen_to_yourself.png

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I can't speak for anyone else, but to me the comments were so self-evidently wrong that it didn't seem necessary to point it out. Of course they're awful. I can't imagine any civil adult believing otherwise. They were also from Twitter, which (again IMHO) can be dismissed out of hand, and is therefore a non-story. One expects to see asinine and inappropriate comments on unmoderated social media; only a shameless partisan hack tries to declare it a story.

Noted as well;)

I'll also go on record and say that saying such things as opposed to having a discussion as to why someone made the choice they did, are idiots and deserve to be treated as such. The comments were wrong and inappropriate.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
To play devils advocate though, I don't see anyone condemning these comments either. I expect that from the right, the left, is usually pretty good about shaming it's own.

That's a good one. Tell another......

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
There is probably more money in being a white, loud, liberal actor. An actor is a product. Rich folk don't go spend $10 on a ticket and $10 on a tub of popcorn. The common folk do. So if you want to keep pulling in $20,000,000 per film you have to make your liberal voice heard and stay popular. And maybe every once in a while hop out of your limo and tell some of the 99% that you support their cause... oh and be sure tell them to see the latest movie starring that very same lily white actor.

I have no problem with your post. You can believe anything you like, but why did you post this hysteria to me? I can't see that I said anything even remotely resembling what you are talking about. But thanks anyway.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
I don't know who's dumber, the idiots posting crap like that on twitter, or the idiots who think it's something especially worth getting faux offended about.

Some people on the right clearly think this trend of finding anything they possibly can, no matter how stupid, to support the idea of "liberal intolerance" is a good idea. I sort of feel like it has the opposite effect from what you're intending though. If you have to resort to quoting mean people on twitter as "proof" that all liberals are intolerance, it does seem to suggest that you can't find any better examples or a more solid argument.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
As soon as there are over 75 million separate people who post these type of things, then you can call out the liberals. Judging an entire set of people based on the comments of a few shows an extreme lack of intelligence.

Welcome to P&N, I have made the same comment before as well as it is one of my greatest sources of annoyment here.

Both sides do it, but lately it seems like the left will do this much more, even starting threads dedicated to the subject.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Welcome to P&N, I have made the same comment before as well as it is one of my greatest sources of annoyment here.

Both sides do it, but lately it seems like the left will do this much more, even starting threads dedicated to the subject.

Try to imagine what it would be like if you landed on a planet of fools who imagined that foolishness was thinking and they had plans to save the world that would lead to its destruction. You might just find yourself getting just a little bit craZy tooooo. Just think if you were riding on the back of a steer in a stampede headed off a cliff. Do you not think your asshole pucker factor wouldn't show some slight elevation? You don't have to be insane yourself to be affected by insanity.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Try to imagine what it would be like if you landed on a planet of fools who imagined that foolishness was thinking and they had plans to save the world that would lead to its destruction. You might just find yourself getting just a little bit craZy tooooo. Just think if you were riding on the back of a steer in a stampede headed off a cliff. Do you not think your asshole pucker factor wouldn't show some slight elevation? You don't have to be insane yourself to be affected by insanity.

Try to imagine that not everyone is the same among those who identify themselves as conservative. Where does the line start that makes one conservative and then immediately subject to all of the accusations we read about here? Why do you think just because one is to the right of you, they have a mental illness?

It just does not add up so easily. You seem to take the worst among the right, and apply that to everyone, which then provides your brain an easy and comfortable way to dismiss anything they say.

You are protecting some emotion inside yourself if you need such a crutch to handle so many tens of millions of people who happen to have a different world view, yet if you were to sit down and meet one or two of them, you would surely think they are very much like you with the same wants and needs in life. The struggle for these wants and needs and its commonality among the right and left is greater than any differences, wouldn't you agree? If you were to take a typical liberal and a typical conservative and visit some tribe in Africa for a week, what differences do you think the tribe would find between the two?

And as always, I imagine you sometimes make the easy, and quite understandable, mistake of thinking the Republicans you see on TV or read about online are in any significant way representative of true conservatism. They are not, having whored themselves to the religious right. True conservatives don't even want religion in the same paragraph, let alone sentence, as religion.

Of course I could be wrong, I don't pretend to know someone to such a high degree just because I read some of their posts online and thus think I am qualified to psychoanalyze an entire political leaning that comprises tens of millions of people. Now THAT... would be crazy and a sign of mental defect.

In short, we are much more alike than different, way more than you would probably be comfortable admitting to. And I think if people could be honest about this, we could put aside this stupid sport of partisan bullshit and turn our eyes back to where they should be.... Washington DC.

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I love the reality show Hardcore Pawn. I get to watch the demons selling their neighbors goods and screaming about how their being robbed by the brokers its its overwhelming

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
they spew childish, hateful tripe, their comments are representative of nobody who matters to reasoning adults.

Of course it is, unless it was right wingers spewing hateful tripe, in which case it would obviously be symptomatic of the sentiment of all conservatives :p

OP: as usual, those who complain about intolerance demonstrate that they are extremely intolerant. No shocker there.

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000

I try to ignore the hateful partisan trolls in Internet comments sections, it's when Elected Representatives spew ignorant or hateful comments is when I get concerned.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Of course it is, unless it was right wingers spewing hateful tripe, in which case it would obviously be symptomatic of the sentiment of all conservatives :p

OP: as usual, those who complain about intolerance demonstrate that they are extremely intolerant. No shocker there.

Tell you what, Sparky. When you can show even one example of me attacking conservatives based on random tweets, I'll concede you have at least the beginning of a point. Until then, all you have is faux outrage over a complete non-story.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Tell you what, Sparky. When you can show even one example of me attacking conservatives based on random tweets, I'll concede you have at least the beginning of a point. Until then, all you have is faux outrage over a complete non-story.

Tell ya what sparky, you should invest in some reading and comprehension courses. I wasn't referring to you personally specifically attacking anything, the broader point is that if it was the hateful evil conservatives making such tweets it would be a story, but since it's the leftists/racists/obummer fans tweeting it's conveniently a complete non-story. Thanks for supporting my assertion :)

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
I try to ignore the hateful partisan trolls in Internet comments sections, it's when Elected Representatives spew ignorant or hateful comments is when I get concerned.

Exactly. If these comments came from elected officials, party spokesmen, mainstream media figures, or anyone else with some quasi-official or public role, there might be some basis for serious concern. They didn't. They came from a bunch of anonymous, immature twits. So nobody with any sense of proportion owes them anything more than an eye roll. They are immaterial.

Nov 30, 2006
Try to imagine that not everyone is the same among those who identify themselves as conservative. Where does the line start that makes one conservative and then immediately subject to all of the accusations we read about here? Why do you think just because one is to the right of you, they have a mental illness?

It just does not add up so easily. You seem to take the worst among the right, and apply that to everyone, which then provides your brain an easy and comfortable way to dismiss anything they say.

You are protecting some emotion inside yourself if you need such a crutch to handle so many tens of millions of people who happen to have a different world view, yet if you were to sit down and meet one or two of them, you would surely think they are very much like you with the same wants and needs in life. The struggle for these wants and needs and its commonality among the right and left is greater than any differences, wouldn't you agree? If you were to take a typical liberal and a typical conservative and visit some tribe in Africa for a week, what differences do you think the tribe would find between the two?

And as always, I imagine you sometimes make the easy, and quite understandable, mistake of thinking the Republicans you see on TV or read about online are in any significant way representative of true conservatism. They are not, having whored themselves to the religious right. True conservatives don't even want religion in the same paragraph, let alone sentence, as religion.

Of course I could be wrong, I don't pretend to know someone to such a high degree just because I read some of their posts online and thus think I am qualified to psychoanalyze an entire political leaning that comprises tens of millions of people. Now THAT... would be crazy and a sign of mental defect.

In short, we are much more alike than different, way more than you would probably be comfortable admitting to. And I think if people could be honest about this, we could put aside this stupid sport of partisan bullshit and turn our eyes back to where they should be.... Washington DC.
Well said. :thumbsup:

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Tell ya what sparky, you should invest in some reading and comprehension courses. I wasn't referring to you personally specifically attacking anything, the broader point is that if it was the hateful evil conservatives making such tweets it would be a story, but since it's the leftists/racists/obummer fans tweeting it's conveniently a complete non-story. Thanks for supporting my assertion :)

I read just fine, thank you very much. Still waiting for you to provide examples supporting your claim. So far all you've done is wave your hands and insist it would be different if the roles were reversed. Prove it. Offer a little substance for a change instead of just tossing out feelings and pretending they're facts.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Yeah, I judge the political views of liberals and conservatives by the most outrageous posts on a site with a ~250-ish character limit...

No wait... doing that would be completely stupid and idiotic... :rolleyes:

WARNING: very offensive twitter posts below.... well maybe not to the OP

http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/...onvention-speech/obamaracisttweet6_315411.png

http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/...l-convention-speech/obamaracismdnc_315411.png

http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/...onal-convention-speech/racisttweet_315411.png

http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/...nvention-speech/obamaracisttweet11_315411.png

http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/...nvention-speech/racistobamatwitter_315411.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
If you can tell the difference between random idiots with ridiculous tweets, and someone that is kowtowed to by the majority of one of the 2 political parties, you have your answer on the subject.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

My Dear Friend, I have no problem what so ever imagining what you suggest, especially since it's what I already believe. I have also already put you into a different category. But in response to MMTang's statement that, "Judging an entire set of people based on the comments of a few shows an extreme lack of intelligence.", you responded with:

"Welcome to P&N, I have made the same comment before as well as it is one of my greatest sources of annulment here.

Both sides do it, but lately it seems like the left will do this much more, even starting threads dedicated to the subject."

All that I did is respond to you with a thought experiment that might help you to see a possible reason. In short, having already differentiated you from the modern day Republican as a person capable of independent thinking, I offered you what tempts me to act as you are seeing:

"Try to imagine what it would be like if you landed on a planet of fools who imagined that foolishness was thinking and they had plans to save the world that would lead to its destruction. You might just find yourself getting just a little bit craZy tooooo. Just think if you were riding on the back of a steer in a stampede headed off a cliff. Do you not think your asshole pucker factor wouldn't show some slight elevation? You don't have to be insane yourself to be affected by insanity."

I will respond to the contents of your post later.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Let me know when you find a significant amount of Republicans that have come to the realization that the tax cuts for the rich have not lead to job creation. When you do, I will start to believe that Republicans as a whole are not borderline retarded.