More info on the ALLEGED Gitmo murders (edited title)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Hey dumb fuck... Do you have proof or just more nonsense 1 liners?

I will also say it is wrong if its still happening.

Young lady if you want proof just google it, however you might have to open your eyes to see what it says.

Sacrilege

Sep 6, 2007
http://news.yahoo.com/s/realclearpo.../terror_interrogations_amp_the_ma_senate_race

Next to health care, the issue that has dominated the debate in the Massachusetts Senate race is terrorism. Scott Brown, the Republican running ahead in the race for Ted Kennedy's Senate seat today, has campaigned as an unabashed supporter of enhanced interrogation.

Polls show that the more the public learns about the CIA's interrogation program, the more Americans support it.

For example, the Pew Research Center has been polling on this matter for more than four years, and in the course of the six Pew Polls over that period, support for enhanced interrogation (Pew calls it "torture" in its questions) has actually grown by a statistically significant margin.

As Scott Brown has shown, waterboarding is a winning issue.

Anandtech P&N is way behind the American people on this important issue:

FACT:
Enhanced interrogation and occasional abuse of prisoners helps America fight terrorists, keeps you safe, saves American lives, and is the will of the people.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
The American public also once supported segregation in large majorities.

The right thing isn't always the most popular thing.

How can we expect the rest of the world to treat our POW's with any sort of humanity when we are not willing to do the same ourselves? We will never stop terrorism with violence.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Anandtech P&N is way ahead of the American people on this important issue:

Fixed.

So, a complacent group at the economic top doesn't careabout and supports the torture of another group just in case maybe it gives them any benefit.

And you wonder how the current crop is any better than past horrors, or why there is terrorism.

If our family was at risk for torture, innocent or not, you might be ready to terrorize the bastards.

It's hard to blame them against these people.

EXCUSE FOR IMMORALITY:
Enhanced interrogation and occasional abuse of prisoners helps America fight terrorists, keeps you safe, saves American lives, and is the will of the people.

Fixed.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Gen. Barry McCaffrey said: "We tortured people unmercifully. We probably murdered dozens of them during the course of that, both the armed forces and the C.I.A

This was said during an interview in April 2009 on MSNBC. When the statement was uttered by the Gen. There was no followup by the interviewer. He also used the word probably. So can we take this as fact?

This guy is not some grunt looking to make a few dollars selling a story. If he did feel these statements were true... why has this dropped off the radar?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Fact:
A lot of Americans are bloodthirsty morons who are terrified of foreign looking brown people.

Fact:
If you belive that abusing prisoners is a good thing, you are a worthless human being.

Sorry, the second one isn't a fact, it's a correct opinion.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
I think we should convict them in the court of public opinion and skip all the trials and "innocent until proven guilty" nonsense.

amiright?

Well, we do "convict" people as terrorists without a trial, and lock them up forever without proof or a trial.

Perhaps I should have put alleged in the thread title, but I do think that a real independent investigation needs to happen, and people arrested if the evidence points to murder. (and arrest of anyone covering it up as well, of course)

moparacer

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2003
Well, time will tell if this administration is doing the proper things to keep us safe now wont it.....

Already been 2.5 attacks on US soil since Obama was sworn in.....

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Well, time will tell if this administration is doing the proper things to keep us safe now wont it.....

The only way any government can guarntee your 'safety' is by stripping your freedom in a police state.

I'd like to hear from you what measures would stop a guy here from getting a rifle and shooting a crowd.

Sacrilege

Sep 6, 2007

2.5 attacks? I assume you mean:

1 "Dr. Sigmund Jihad" in Texas
+
1 ???
+
0.5 Underwear bomber

=2.5

What is the blank? Surely not the guy who killed the abortion doctor? Many Americans see him as a hero, not terrorist.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
2.5 attacks? I assume you mean:

1 "Dr. Sigmund Jihad" in Texas
+
1 ???
+
0.5 Underwear bomber

=2.5

What is the blank? Surely not the guy who killed the abortion doctor? Many Americans see him as a hero, not terrorist.
Most terrorists are heroes to someone.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Well, we do "convict" people as terrorists without a trial, and have locked them up for several years now based on classified proof and no trial to date.
fixed.

Perhaps I should have put alleged in the thread title
Is your 'edit' button broken, or will it not allow you to change it now?

but I do think that a real independent investigation needs to happen, and people arrested if the evidence points to murder. (and arrest of anyone covering it up as well, of course)
fair enough, i agree.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
what? this is what you wanted. You are safe now huh? Cheney and bush have made it so. As far as I'm concerned all of you that voted in those cronies have blood on your hands. How does it feel to be so wrong?

Do you come to this forum to post banal posts like this, or are you a robot?

Do you honestly believe what you're typing?

I'd like to hear from you what measures would stop a guy here from getting a rifle and shooting a crowd.

The fact that other normal people like yourself will have guns and blow his head off. It really isn't that complicated.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Is your 'edit' button broken, or will it not allow you to change it now?

I figured it was too late to edit the title.

And one of the people that died was due to be let go, so the US held plenty of people in Gitmo and elsewhere without any proof, just hearsay, and locked them up for years. Some where eventually let go, and others not.

So I think my statement was accurate. Some people are locked up without proof or trial for basically forever. Especially since we claim to be able to hold them until this mythical "war on terror" is over. Since a war on an idea will never end, we are basically claiming the right to hold anyone in jail forever without trial. And with no trial, no one knows if there is real evidence or not.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
I'm sure they'll get to investigating this as soon as they investigate the rampant wallstreet fraud. lol keep dreaming.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
It's interesting, and telling, that you still have not added "alleged" to either the title or the OP itself...

As I said, I thought it was too late. I don't see the point of an edit 30+ replies into the thread.

I also said I should have put "alleged" in the title. Do you have a point?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
As I said, I thought it was too late. I don't see the point of an edit 30+ replies into the thread.

I also said I should have put "alleged" in the title. Do you have a point?

I'm all for correcting things late or not. "Better late than never".

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Do you come to this forum to post banal posts like this, or are you a robot?

Do you honestly believe what you're typing?

The fact that other normal people like yourself will have guns and blow his head off. It really isn't that complicated.

That's a very, very ineffective measure. It won't stop him from killing. He has the element of surprise.

Try again.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Why not change it? What's stopping you?

OK, it's changed. Feel better?

In general, it doesn't feel right (to me at least) to edit things way after the fact. I think of editing a post as a 5-10min later, whoops, I misspelled something or forgot something. Not changing something a day later after lots have read it. It has nothing to do with this subject, but my thoughts on editing in general. Anyway, it's changed.