More GREAT news about the HPV vaccines and cancer prevention

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: alchemize
Well folks, some real numbers are coming in now.

FOIA from judicial watch discovers 1,637 adverse reactions, with 3 young girls dead in the US. Unfortunately we don't know what the total number vaccinated is, but obviously those 3 sets of parents are regretting their decision.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/a...rdasilVAERSReports.pdf

P 1339, 1340, 1393, are the deaths.

I think parents may have a conceivable reason now...
And a year later, it's hitting the mainstream.

From 1,637 adverse reactions to 7,802. 3 deaths to 10.

Cnn link

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001

FOIA from judicial watch discovers 1,637 adverse reactions, with 3 young girls dead in the US. Unfortunately we don't know what the total number vaccinated is, but obviously those 3 sets of parents are regretting their decision.

Cnn link

Fifteen deaths were reported to the FDA, and 10 were confirmed, but the CDC says none of the 10 were linked to the vaccine. The CDC says it continues to study the reports of illness.

The vaccine's manufacturer, Merck & Co. Inc., says it has distributed more than 26 million Gardasil vaccines worldwide, including nearly 16 million in the United States. It estimates that 8 million girls and women have received the vaccine in the United States since June 2006.

Gardasil has been the subject of 7,802 "adverse event" reports from the time the Food and Drug Administration approved its use two years ago,

7802/8,000,000 = less than 1% chance? And they cant seem to be able to pin all of the reactions to the vaccine?

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

Cnn link

I guess we should stop giving people tetanus shots too? :confused:

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: CycloWizard
<blockquote>quote:
Originally posted by: Pens1566
So 3000 deaths every year is "not that many"? You're worried about the cost benefit ratio of this drug, right? Well we've spent hundreds of billions of dollars in the global war on boogeymen, something that will never be preventable. So I fail to see why spending far less to prevent that many deaths annually is a big deal. Oh, right. I almost forgot, that the girls will turn into stupid dirty sluts. Nevermind.</blockquote>
Maybe if you'd read my post instead of turning your ignorant idiocy in my direction, you'd see how baseless your post is. But instead, continue on to oblivion. :cookie:

There are some idiot religious fucks on here that obviously can't handle anyone having sex... Hey I don't have sex much but I could give a shit if someone else does 100 times a day with whoever they want.

When was sex illegal?

When was a stupid little slut bad? Sheesh, grow a brain please. If you enjoy sex now your slut I guess. Damn, it just keeps getting better all the time.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
If anybody in the TX Leg can read then hopefully they will check the June 1 issue of Lancet.

Laff. 99.99% of the American public don't know what the Lancet is. Do you really think TX legislators read much besides spam on their Blackberries and their church pamphlets?

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
Originally posted by: cliftonite

Cnn link

Fifteen deaths were reported to the FDA, and 10 were confirmed, but the CDC says none of the 10 were linked to the vaccine. The CDC says it continues to study the reports of illness.

The vaccine's manufacturer, Merck & Co. Inc., says it has distributed more than 26 million Gardasil vaccines worldwide, including nearly 16 million in the United States. It estimates that 8 million girls and women have received the vaccine in the United States since June 2006.

Gardasil has been the subject of 7,802 "adverse event" reports from the time the Food and Drug Administration approved its use two years ago,

7802/8,000,000 = less than 1% chance? And they cant seem to be able to pin all of the reactions to the vaccine?

Aaaaallllright.

I read 7/1600+ pages in that PDF.

The patients were either experiencing neuroses, or likely had adverse reactions to other vaccines they got during the same session.

You do understand that a drug/vaccine needs to be fairly conclusively proven to be effective and not dangerous in order to gain FDA approval...

This is why people claim that we Americans need to pay so much for prescription drugs--the research and development necessary to make the case to the FDA.

The dangerousness/lethality/side-effect studies should already be on the books. If you want to show us how bad this "slut vaccine" is, show me a link to an FDA .pdf that has a non-embarrasing experimental paradigm.

Edit:

p.1339, 1340--both patients appear to have had pre-existing heart conditions (that can produce blood clotting--cause of death in 1/2 cases).

p.1393--girl dies 3 hours after getting the shot, and little more info is available in the file.

All-in-all, they could have been girls on birth control who were smoking a pack/day.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Won't someone think of all the women who will become lascivious sex-crazed pole monsters as a result of this vaccine?!?

Hey you got the next GOP talking points chain letter in advance. How dare you !

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: fallout man
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
If anybody in the TX Leg can read then hopefully they will check the June 1 issue of Lancet.

Laff. 99.99% of the American public don't know what the Lancet is. Do you really think TX legislators read much besides spam on their Blackberries and their church pamphlets?

Unfortunately this wonderful poster no longer seems to visit here.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

Cnn link

I guess we should stop giving people tetanus shots too? :confused:
Up to the parents. I don't give it to our kids until they are older (edit: actually, I think we hold our kids back from this one - have to check with Mrs. Alchemize). How many infants step on rusty nails? :confused:

Tetanus is extremely rare in the US, it's much more common in 3rd world countries. I've read where approx 40% of US kids don't receive tetanus shots - yet there's less than 100 cases of tetanus a year. Would have to check the math, this may be another case where the vaccine is more dangerous than the disease statistically.

FDA approved drug

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I don't see this as a healthcare issue, this is an individual rights issue. As I posted above, this is no different than abortions for children, or mandatory c-sections. All are unconstitutional, a minor child is my complete responsibility, good or bad.

Nope.