more good rice!

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
i was parking at school today and pulled in next to a 97 maxima, nice looking and all...then i noticed the wheels - they were huge!
this nice maxima had 20" enkei's with pirelli pzero asymmetricos, but as far as i could tell that was the only mod on this thing.....

i mean y would u put rims/tires that big on your car w/out anything else?? and y in the world would u spend money on the asymmetricos if not doing something that u really needed em for????

it didn't even have any stickers to make it go faster, i was dissappointed

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
well, yea, of course they make the car go faster, but the stickers and the wheel would make the thing like lightning!

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Maybe all the mods were under the hood? Most mods that people apply to the Maxima are a front strut brace/rear sway bar which GREATLY improves handling. Then they add a Cold Air Inktake and a Y-pipe (usually adds around ~10-15hp). Then if they really need speed, they add a supercharger.

Although I do agree that 20 inch wheels are rather excessive, but don't bigger wheels have much better grip?

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
20 inch tires are so damn expensive and a waste of money IMO. Hell, I think 18 inch tires are a bit excessive. Tires are so expensive for that size and you have to replace/rotate them more often.

I once saw 18 inch wheels on a Civic CRX. LMAO!!!!

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Hell, I think 18 inch tires are a bit excessive. >>

Any sports car worth its weight in gold comes standard with 18&quot; wheels (Corvette 17f/18r, Viper, F360 Modena, 911 Carrera/Turbo, Z8, Cobra R, the list goes on and one). Hell, the Prowler makes do with 17f/20r. They car just has to be designed with those large wheels in mind...the Maxima just wasn't.

Even BMW's X5 4.4l comes standard with 18&quot; wheels and the option of 19&quot; sport wheels that look STELLAR.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Alot of people don't have the money to get rims and lowered suspension - so they make due with just the rims until they can save up to have it lowered. I saw a new S500 with 18s and it looked friggin stunning.

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
i would normally agree that if they had put on 20&quot; rims, then they might be waiting a bit to make anymore mods, but nothing fit with making anymore mods....the tires were very very worn, almost needing replacement, if not already passed that point. and there was nothing else done to the car at all....the stock stereo was in, none of the normal things that you would associate with someone putting 20&quot; rims on were there...it was just very weird