More free trade friends of Hilary

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
I'm tired of all these guilt by association insinuations.

Until Hillary shows proof that she publicly came out against Nafta when she was first lady, i'm going to believe that she liked it just as much as Bill did.

However, I see nothing that makes me believe that she's simultaneously pushing both sides today. Her mistake might be in employing people that don't believe in anything except getting the biggest payday possible. Not only does it cause them to take both sides of an issue, but it causes them to keep doing it while running her campaign.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: yowolabi

Until Hillary shows proof that she publicly came out against Nafta when she was first lady, i'm going to believe that she liked it just as much as Bill did.

However, I see nothing that makes me believe that she's simultaneously pushing both sides today. Her mistake might be in employing people that don't believe in anything except getting the biggest payday possible. Not only does it cause them to take both sides of an issue, but it causes them to keep doing it while running her campaign.

Again, she was a head lawyer for walmart.... Thats evidence enough for me that she approves outsourcing for the bottom line.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Acanthus
Originally posted by: yowolabi

Again, she was a head lawyer for walmart.... Thats evidence enough for me that she approves outsourcing for the bottom line.

Care to document this? Perhaps you meant she was a partner (the first female partner, btw) at the firm that represents Wal-Mart. Not the same thing as being Wal-Mart's head lawyer. She did sit on the board as well. But if merely being a partner in a lawfirm that has a client you don't like, that sounds a bit like guilt by association to me.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Care to document this? Perhaps you meant she was a partner (the first female partner, btw) at the firm that represents Wal-Mart. Not the same thing as being Wal-Mart's head lawyer. She did sit on the board as well. But if merely being a partner in a lawfirm that has a client you don't like, that sounds a bit like guilt by association to me.

I'm not sure there is any 'head' lawyer. Wally has a lot of them. But she certainly did handle a number of large cases for Wally, in addition to sitting on the board of directors for several years. Guilt by association? I prefer to call it hypocrisy. She can't legitimately claim to be a champion of the little man whilst engaged on behalf of a behemoth known for crushing them.