More evidence we need stricter gun control

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Newsflash, we already have laws that ban sales to felons, illegal aliens, and the mentally ill. Problem is, the laws aren't being enforced. But by all means call for stricter gun control to fix this "problem".

The linked story is nothing more than sensationalist journalism cherry picking an accident to try and prove a completely different point.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
What is the problem? A mong gets drunk and plays with a gun and dies from it.

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012
Newsflash, we already have laws that ban sales to felons, illegal aliens, and the mentally ill. Problem is, the laws aren't being enforced. But by all means call for stricter gun control to fix this "problem".

That's a very good idea, in fact.

Who knows, it may have saved this poor man from another tragic gun death.

Ban gun sales to the lowest IQ testers!

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
I have often thought that we should have an IQ test before posting. Probably would eliminate 80% of the crap posts around here. Anyway, you know as well as I do that such a law would never pass a constitutional challenge.......

Feb 6, 2007
Members of state legislatures want to pass laws for universal background checks, and to ban firearm sales to felons, illegal aliens, and the mentally ill.

I think they should ban firearms to the lowest scoring IQ testers, aka the mentally decrepit. People like this, for example: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobil...nd-dead_n_3185790.html?icid=hp_crime_art_more

That article doesn't provide evidence of a need for gun control, it provides evidence of a need for the prohibition of alcohol. Oh, we tried that already? Well damn.

Life would be so much easier if we just gave everyone an annual mental acuity test and killed everyone who didn't pass. Sure would be quiet in P&N though...

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
If only it were illegal to handle a gun while drinking this tragedy would have been avoided.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I think they should ban firearms to the lowest scoring IQ testers, aka the mentally decrepit. People like this, for example: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...crime_art_more
If they have such low IQs, then they aren't smart enough to kill anyone other than themselves.

I don't get why so many people support centralization of power via the State where the most evil men can get to the top and cause damage on a global scale, yet stupid people are worried about people like themselves acquiring firearms and murdering far fewer innocents than, say, someone like stalin and FDR.

people who are worried about getting hurt by a retarded person are pussies.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Ban drinking, would save way, way more deaths than cutting back guns more and heck it's not even constitutionally protected

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Ban drinking, would save way, way more deaths than cutting back guns more and heck it's not even constitutionally protected

according to the libs neither is the right to bear arms nor unreasonable search or seizure . . .

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Members of state legislatures want to pass laws for universal background checks, and to ban firearm sales to felons, illegal aliens, and the mentally ill.

I think they should ban firearms to the lowest scoring IQ testers, aka the mentally decrepit. People like this, for example: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobil...nd-dead_n_3185790.html?icid=hp_crime_art_more

From your article:
"The real big common denominator is the alcohol and it ended up costing him his life."

You don't know what their IQs are / were.

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999

I have seen these figures; although I can't guarantee their accuracy:

How can alcohol be blamed for 100,000 deaths each year?
5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are attributed to alcohol.
15% of all deaths from diseases of the respiratory system are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all deaths from accidents caused by fire and flames are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all accidental drownings are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all suicides are attributed to alcohol.
40% of all deaths due to accidental falls are attributed to alcohol.
45% of all deaths in automobile accidents are attributed to alcohol.
60% of all homicides are attributed to alcohol.

If these are true, then banning alcohol is the most significant thing we can do to reduce death. The exciting thing is we already tried it and it failed miserably. Cue Obama or Biden saying "but if we can save just one life".

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
That's a terrible accident and I think that could happen to many people. Accidents like that usually happen so fast its just too late before anyone can act.

EDIT: How can racking the slide back cause the gun to fire? I am thinking she didn't realize it was loaded and she simply pulled the trigger. Good god, letting a drunk woman handle a LOADED pistol? WTF!?

Last edited: