More draining the swamp

Jul 9, 2009
http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/24/d...-employees-are-already-being-fired-at-the-va/
"Days into Donald Trump’s administration, heads are finally beginning to roll at the Department of Veterans Affairs. Two notoriously corrupt employees in Puerto Rico were fired this week, indicating that more may be on the way. One is the hospital’s CEO, DeWayne Hamlin, who offered an employee $305,000 to quit after she played a role in exposing his drug arrest.

“Mr. DeWayne Hamlin was removed from federal service effective January 20, 2017,” the VA said. Jan. 20 was Inauguration Day."

"The other person fired recently is a woman who took part in an armed robbery, then kept her job while she was in jail, and continued to work in the hospital’s security office while wearing an ankle bracelet." .............
"She was suddenly fired Tuesday for misconduct, including being absent without leave and failing to disclose other arrests on her job application, which her background check apparently did not catch."

Trump said he'd "drain the swamp" here's just another small example of him doing what he said he'd do.

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
Poor taj, still trying to use minutia to make a statement.

Thats not what everyone meant by draining the swap.

And he failed, he's nominating a bunch of plutocrats.

Jul 9, 2009
Honest question: what did Trump have to do with this?
“Mr. DeWayne Hamlin was removed from federal service effective January 20, 2017,"

There's a reason that he was removed from office on President Trump's first day in office and that's because it was the first day that Trump and his administration could do it. "The buck stops here."

Jul 9, 2009

It's what I thought he meant by draining the swamp, and it's one of the reasons I voted for him. The fact that you don't support him, didn't vote for him and will never give him credit for draining even a small portion of the swamp that's related in this story, tells us far more about you than it does about the Trump Administration.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
“Mr. DeWayne Hamlin was removed from federal service effective January 20, 2017,"

There's a reason that he was removed from office on President Trump's first day in office and that's because it was the first day that Trump and his administration could do it. "The buck stops here."

I see, you have nothing. Sounds more like the decision was made during the Obama administration, an assertion I present with no evidence, same as you.

All I see is an article attempting to link this to Trump with no evidence whatsoever ... but I'll give him credit if I find out he actually had something to do with this ;)

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Sounds like good news to me. Whether or not it had anything to do with trump is a separate matter but I'll take.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/24/d...-employees-are-already-being-fired-at-the-va/
"Days into Donald Trump’s administration, heads are finally beginning to roll at the Department of Veterans Affairs. Two notoriously corrupt employees in Puerto Rico were fired this week, indicating that more may be on the way. One is the hospital’s CEO, DeWayne Hamlin, who offered an employee $305,000 to quit after she played a role in exposing his drug arrest.

“Mr. DeWayne Hamlin was removed from federal service effective January 20, 2017,” the VA said. Jan. 20 was Inauguration Day."

"The other person fired recently is a woman who took part in an armed robbery, then kept her job while she was in jail, and continued to work in the hospital’s security office while wearing an ankle bracelet." .............
"She was suddenly fired Tuesday for misconduct, including being absent without leave and failing to disclose other arrests on her job application, which her background check apparently did not catch."

Trump said he'd "drain the swamp" here's just another small example of him doing what he said he'd do.

As general Trump hater, this is good news. More power to him and his administration if it was truly their doing and I hope to see more stuff like this.
Now who is filling the vacancies? That's the real question. He filled his cabinet and advisers with some of the scummiest people on earth -- people which now have much more power than the CEO of a VA Hospital.

Reactions: Sonikku

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
BRB, going to make threads about every minor government official fired over the last 10+ years and proclaim swamp wasn't that big.

On a COMPLETELY related note, did you know Barack Obama had Osama Bin Laden killed? Now that's some swamp draining right there.

Jul 9, 2009
Show where in the story it actually links this to Trump beyond tricking the rubes by arbitrarily mentioning his name.
I'm sure it was just a massive and unlikely coincidence. Yeah sure, that's it !! yes, yes, an improbable coincidence, let's run with that.

Jul 9, 2009
BRB, going to make threads about every minor government official fired over the last 10+ years and proclaim swamp wasn't that big.

On a COMPLETELY related note, did you know Barack Obama had Osama Bin Laden killed? Now that's some swamp draining right there.
Yes, I give credit to the great and awesome Obama for helping and aiding in the killing of Osama Bin Laden. It was the best thing he did in 8 years.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It's what I thought he meant by draining the swamp, and it's one of the reasons I voted for him. The fact that you don't support him, didn't vote for him and will never give him credit for draining even a small portion of the swamp that's related in this story, tells us far more about you than it does about the Trump Administration.

It really doesn't, though.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
I'm sure it was just a massive and unlikely coincidence. Yeah sure, that's it !! yes, yes, an improbable coincidence, let's run with that.

So you can't answer because you have nothing but assumptions. It doesn't surprise me that you're easily manipulated by conservative spin news sites though.

I, on the other hand, will wait for some actual evidence before proclaiming Trump the ultimate hero for firing two whole people, because it seems mighty unlikely to me that he was spending his inauguration day picking a couple randos to make examples of.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

So your arguement is this one guy in PR was
so important the trump team fired him in their first 4 hours on office?

Seems unlikely but whatever fairy tale you want to believe I guess.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000

So you think his idea and your idea of draining the swamp should be in sync? Or, do you feel that the left should still be calling the shots after losing the WH as well as scores of elections across the nation?

And who is 'everyone'?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Minority rule, amirite?
You're becoming the durrrmeister around here.

Start here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_government_of_the_United_States#Elections_and_voting

I'll get you started by telling you to pay close attention to the information about the three branches of government while keeping in mind who controls which ones.

Or, to put it bluntly, you fucking lost! Bigly too. Trounced like a mofo in the EC. You might have an opinion but nobody has to listen to it these days.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Likely so, or an opportunity for Dr LaPaz to suck up to Trumpolino. Disciplinary action against Hamlin has likely been pending for some while in the civil service system.

You do love to make claims you can't prove, and you sure as Hell haven't proven more than coincidence. Neither can your source, the Daily Squaller, but it makes for great Trump fluffing.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
You're becoming the durrrmeister around here.

Start here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_government_of_the_United_States#Elections_and_voting

I'll get you started by telling you to pay close attention to the information about the three branches of government while keeping in mind who controls which ones.

Or, to put it bluntly, you fucking lost! Bigly too. Trounced like a mofo in the EC. You might have an opinion but nobody has to listen to it these days.

I would add that the biggest winner is apparently Trump. His refusal to divest himself clears the way for billion dollar bribes from foreign nations. It will be interesting to see how much he can loot before his supporters turn on him.