More antifa violence (hate crime?)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
This is a legit story about charges against leftists for a violent attack on Americans for having different opinions. This is a completely legit topic to bring up. Of course P&N reacts as expected. No ability to see any fault in the left.

lol

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
This is interesting, the phillymag.com article links back to the Daily Caller when calling him an antifa leader, which references another phillymag.com article to support their portrayal of him as an antifa leader, which ultimately leads to this tidbit: "It is believed that antifa, an anti-fascism movement, has no real structural organization or leadership, but Keenan has been termed a “leader” or “member” of the Philadelphia antifa contingent by various blogs and alt-right outlets."

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/an...t-charges-was-tied-to-democratic-policymakers

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2019/01/29/joseph-alcoff-antifa-marines-philadelphia/

A antifa leader, and a few cohorts, connected to Democrat politicians are facing assault charges for attacking two Hispanic Marines as they called them names like "white supremacists" and "Nazis" as the innocent Marines were assaulted. Not a shock that this antifa leader been seen with people like Maxine Waters.

The left today is unhinged. Still unable to cope with Trump winning, the tantrum is running strong more than two years and counting. It is an exciting time we live in, the conservatives and liberals are swapping positions. Today the conservatives are the forward thinking group that wants equality and freedom. The left has become violent and reacts with such when their emotionally held ideals are challenged, they manufacture racism as needed to fit their narrative.
I just read the phillymag article and there is no link to any Democrats.

As usual you a fucking lying motherfucker.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This is interesting, the phillymag.com article links back to the Daily Caller when calling him an antifa leader, which references another phillymag.com article to support their portrayal of him as an antifa leader, which ultimately leads to this tidbit: "It is believed that antifa, an anti-fascism movement, has no real structural organization or leadership, but Keenan has been termed a “leader” or “member” of the Philadelphia antifa contingent by various blogs and alt-right outlets."

Puffing it up into a Leftist Conspiracy!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So the dude charged with assault was seen with Maxine Waters at campaigning events?

Kind of like this guy was? I assume you have similar outrage

gdhntl8ioqa11.jpg
How dare you! Rick Santorum already demanded these picture be stricken from the internets.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I just read the phillymag article and there is no link to any Democrats.

As usual you a fucking lying motherfucker.

Did you read the Fox article that shows the alleged attacker in pics with Maxine Waters? He's a hardline leftist.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
In short this story doesn't matter to AT P&N because there was a Russian spy and there have been attacks by people that are on the right side of the spectrum. Did I cover it all?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Did you read the Fox article that shows the alleged attacker in pics with Maxine Waters? He's a hardline leftist.
Trump is in a picture with Kim Jong Un. Does that make him a mass murderer? I already know his people wouldn't care (suggested by him).

Antifa are not Democrats they are anarchists. Facts, Skippy.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Trump is in a picture with Kim Jong Un. Does that make him a mass murderer? I already know his people wouldn't care (suggested by him).

Antifa are not Democrats they are anarchists. Facts, Skippy.

You're taking away all the context. Did Trump push a communist agenda, and then gather a gang and physically assault a couple of pro-democracy Marines because they have a different political position? AND have pics of him hanging with Kim Jong? That would be a parallel situation, one that does not exist. In this case, hard core leftists, that appear in pictures with other hardcore leftist politicians, physically assaulted people they disagree with.

You can try and brush this under the rug, I know P&N is actively trying hard on that, but I won't ignore it. If you keep only seeing news you want to see you'll build a bubble. Sorry this is at odds with the environment in that bubble... but, facts don't care about the bubble, and looks like this is just another example of violence by today's unhinged left.

Antifa is a liberal group.

Feb 4, 2009
In short this story doesn't matter to AT P&N because there was a Russian spy and there have been attacks by people that are on the right side of the spectrum. Did I cover it all?

Here is the problem, take the advice or leave the advice, it is totally in your hands.
Many of the links & stories you post have obvious holes in them. Read above about the two articles sourcing each other.
This is hard to detect, I could easily find myself missing that point.
You do seem to really want to believe content like what’s shown in this thread, I recommend vetting the stories with major news organizations that practice good journalism standards. You won’t like the content of them but the follow long established practices. Fox News is very boarderline with their practices, local news is hard to verify.
Simply put every single link you post has not been vetted well. People aren’t inclined to constantly read posts designed to outrage with poorly vetted sources. After it occurs multiple times your reputation takes a hit and you get push back.

Reactions: ivwshane

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You're taking away all the context. Did Trump push a communist agenda, and then gather a gang and physically assault a couple of pro-democracy Marines because they have a different political position? AND have pics of him hanging with Kim Jong? That would be a parallel situation, one that does not exist. In this case, hard core leftists, that appear in pictures with other hardcore leftist politicians, physically assaulted people they disagree with.

You can try and brush this under the rug, I know P&N is actively trying hard on that, but I won't ignore it. If you keep only seeing news you want to see you'll build a bubble. Sorry this is at odds with the environment in that bubble... but, facts don't care about the bubble, and looks like this is just another example of violence by today's unhinged left.

Antifa is a liberal group.

Poor Slow. Can't even manage a decent slime job anymore.

Reactions: Burpo

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Here is the problem, take the advice or leave the advice, it is totally in your hands.
Many of the links & stories you post have obvious holes in them. Read above about the two articles sourcing each other.
This is hard to detect, I could easily find myself missing that point.
You do seem to really want to believe content like what’s shown in this thread, I recommend vetting the stories with major news organizations that practice good journalism standards. You won’t like the content of them but the follow long established practices. Fox News is very boarderline with their practices, local news is hard to verify.
Simply put every single link you post has not been vetted well. People aren’t inclined to constantly read posts designed to outrage with poorly vetted sources. After it occurs multiple times your reputation takes a hit and you get push back.

What holes? There are charges against these guys in our criminal justice system for what they are accused of. They are leftist antifa members, I don't see how this is up for debate. They are accused of unprovoked violence against people they disagree with, a couple of minorities at that. I'm not seeing holes in the story so much as I'm seeing people here trying to pretend like white knight liberals would never do this, it disagrees with your emotionally held position. You are acting much like I imagine the pope acts when confronted with credible evidence of a priest diddling a child. Deflect, belittle, protect.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
From what I've seen, your average antifa-type would be pretty emphatic that they're leftists and not liberals. They tend to sneer pretty hard at liberals.

Sure, they can be classified in different subcategories... but my point is they are decidedly on the left side of the political spectrum.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Sure, they can be classified in different subcategories... but my point is they are decidedly on the left side of the political spectrum.

That doesn't square with the allegations made in your opening post...

Jan 25, 2011
What? These guys are far leftists that are known to be associated with other liberal politicians. Nothing has changed.
Getting a picture taken with someone does not mean you are associated to them. It means you were occupying a close space to them. That's it. I mean shit if guilt by association is a thing then

portrait-of-american-financier-jeffrey-epstein-and-real-estate-as-picture-id681946576

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Well, at least we know antifa doesn’t just hate on white people.

Also, lock these 2 up.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What? These guys are far leftists that are known to be associated with other liberal politicians. Nothing has changed.

Who among Lib politicians has condoned this violence? Nobody. The only reason he had access to Lib politicians at all was because of his association with a Lib policy group seeking controls on payday lender loan sharks who has since dumped him. It seems unlikely they knew about his supposed Antifa involvement. Here's their website-

http://ourfinancialsecurity.org/

Advocacy of violence not found.