More Americans Worse Off Financially Than a Year Ago

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
1-16-2014

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/more-americans-worse-off-financially-112042146.html

More Americans Worse Off Financially Than a Year Ago

If the general U.S. economy has improved over the past year, most Americans have not seen its benefits, at least based on their personal experiences, according to new data from Gallup.

It may be that stagnant wages, the number of Americans who cannot find full-time jobs with benefits and the huge pool of long-term unemployed have eroded the impressions that the overall economy has improved.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Not to worry. Obama is super, super serious this time about turning the economy around. He's said this before, but this time he really means it. His pen is ready to sign any executive orders he can dream up to accomplish this.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Not to worry, GOP refusing to extend unemployment benefits is going to solve the problem. They correctly identified the reason there are so many poor and unemployed people, and it is because being poor and unemployed is just too nice. Making the poor and unemployed suffer is the solution to poverty and unemployment.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Not to worry. Obama is super, super serious this time about turning the economy around. He's said this before, but this time he really means it. His pen is ready to sign any executive orders he can dream up to accomplish this.

I'm glad you finally realize that Obama has zero power to push his policies through, which means that congress is solely responsible.

And here I thought you were just another retarded American who has no clue how their government works.;)

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Another from the No Shit Sherlock Dept.

They been saying the Economy has improved the last 2 years but most people I know including myself have seen no evidence of it.

Obama bailed out wall street and the big cats at the top. You just gotta wait for your trickle down.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally Posted by dmcowen674
Another from the No Shit Sherlock Dept.

They been saying the Economy has improved the last 2 years but most people I know including myself have seen no evidence of it.

Obama bailed out wall street and the big cats at the top. You just gotta wait for your trickle down.

I'm feeling the trickle down alright.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I'm glad you finally realize that Obama has zero power to push his policies through, which means that congress is solely responsible.

And here I thought you were just another retarded American who has no clue how their government works.;)
So what kind of shit is going on in your country worth talking about?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I don't buy these puff pieces. Home values are up, the foreclosure crisis is essentially over, unemployment is down, and the stock market is at record highs.
Granted, not everyone has felt the effects of the improving economy yet, but that takes time.
I discussed in another thread that we don't have booms and busts anymore, but recoveries and recessions, respectively. It goes to show that we are never satisfied.

Aldon

Nov 21, 2013
Nobody will ever be satisfied and not everyone will be better off. Stocks were down today, by the way.

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
I'm sure if we had elected McCain or Romney everything would be roses now.
It takes time to fix all of the things that Bush broke, like about 20 years of Democrats in power.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

Ahh yes, any time there is bad New = Republicans blocked Obama's every move.

And any time there is good News = Obama has done many great things.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
This isn't "Change you can believe in"? :confused:

Obama has done little to none to fix it but this started long before Obama took office. Ross Perot's famous giant sucking sound has bitten the US. The foundation is crumbling....just a matter of time before the rest of the building falls.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Last edited:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I thought the economy was doing great, 6.7% unemployment and the stock market is setting record after record.

The economy today is objectively better, in almost every respect, than it was on 1/20/09.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I don't buy these puff pieces. Home values are up, the foreclosure crisis is essentially over, unemployment is down, and the stock market is at record highs.
Granted, not everyone has felt the effects of the improving economy yet, but that takes time.
I discussed in another thread that we don't have booms and busts anymore, but recoveries and recessions, respectively. It goes to show that we are never satisfied.
When I look out the back of my house I see bigger houses. That's unfair because they obviously have more than I do. Fix that and we're good. Well, after we address the nicer cars they drive.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
The economy today is objectively better, in almost every respect, than it was on 1/20/09.

dave's economy is NOT the the real economy though

it is a fake economy strung together by choice negative articles and surveys and off-the-wall prognostications

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
dave's economy is NOT the the real economy though

it is a fake economy strung together by choice negative articles and surveys and off-the-wall prognostications

Real wage flat to decline for decades isn't much for the majority of the people...

household-income-real1-13a.gif

Last edited: