More 9/11 bodies "identified"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: glugglug
More propaganda B.S. from our government. Supposedly the bodies of a flight attendant and a passenger from one of the planes that hit the towers were identified. So people who obviously would have died near the ignition point of the fireball that was allegedly above 2700F in order to melt the steel (even though jet fuel doesn't get above 1800F), had remains left intact enough to be identified.

Sorry, not buying it.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/02/wtc.remains.reut/

more dribble? more diatribe....time to put my get my tin foil haats out!!
They are selling like hotcakes!!

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Aelius
Originally posted by: Gibsons
Originally posted by: Gibsons
We need a fully independent investigation into whether the sky is blue. The Blue Sky thought police are taking over the world.

Nice fallacy.

The color of the sky is arguable depending on how one looks at the issue. In a single dimensional view sure it's blue. However it could be green or even black.

Which is why I used that as an example. Not surprised it went right over the head of some people as they knee jerked a response.

Just making about about stupid and irrational points of view, using your analogy. Nothing went over my head, I understand hyperbole quite well.

I was making a point and you missed it. Twice now. I'm not shocked.
yawn

imported_Aelius

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2004
Ok let me put it another way where there won't be any missunderstanding of what I mean by lack of credibility. I'm not going off topic. This is purely an example and I won't touch it again in this thread. Period. Make of it what you will.

I find it shocking that this administration purposefully hides the truth until evidence appears and it is no longer able to contain it and then it admits it yet always adds "but..."

We don't have secret CIA prisons. They don't exist. Wild speculation etc....

After overwhelming evidence they say...Yes well we do have secret CIA prisons but they don't torture prisoners.

The same song and dance whenever you look at a major incident. That's one example. There are tons that relate to WMDs etc that I won't touch here. Just saying there is a lot of this type of behaviour.

Why does this pattern sound so awfuly familiar?

Probably because we heard it from Scott Ritter as he described the behaviour of Saddam's regime during his tenure as the head U.N. weapons inspector in Iraq.

Iraq would always say... no we don't have WMDs... Scott would find they did have it at a site... Iraq would come back and say... yes well we had it but you bombed it during Gulf War I.... Scott would ask where their VX was... well we had VX but we burried it in the desert and it wasn't stable so its useless now... they find traces of stablized VX... yes well we stablized it but never weaponized VX... Scott would find remains of weaponized VX... yes well we had it but it was destroyed... etc

I wonder how far the lies would go if we had someone like Scott inspecting what Bush's administration is doing right now. If they lie about these things what would stop them from lying about everything else? They have nothing to gain from telling the truth and everything to loose.

So my question is why should I trust this administration any more than I would trust Saddam's? The answer is I don't. They lie.

You come back with an indi investigation that isn't railroaded and I'll buy whatever the government has to say then. It's come to that.

Last time they tried was the 9/11 Comission which failed its own mandate.

Now don't get me wrong. They may very well be telling the truth and this alone could errase a lot of BS conspiracy crap and I would freely admit I was wrong about a lot of things. I'm all for it. However it has gotten to the point where you can't tell the lie from the truth because they twist and spin things so much.

Why is this so hard to understand?

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
More propaganda B.S. from our government. Supposedly the bodies of a flight attendant and a passenger from one of the planes that hit the towers were identified. So people who obviously would have died near the ignition point of the fireball that was allegedly above 2700F in order to melt the steel (even though jet fuel doesn't get above 1800F), had remains left intact enough to be identified.

Sorry, not buying it.

A) The metal didn't have to "melt" it just had to soften. 1800F is sufficient.
B) Didn't you watch the video 50 bazillion times like everyone else of the towers being struck... Did you happen to notice all the stuff shooting out the other side of the tower in the fireball? Do you think the jet hit and every little piece of jet and all the contents inside came to a complete stop?
C) Ever heard of DNA testing?
D) Do you watch the news? They just found more body fragments under where a construction road was built during the cleanup efforts.

E) No, you don't have to buy it. But thanks for helping us categorize you.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Full on tin foil alert!

Beyond that, these threads are a waste of time, not to mention an insult to most people's good common sense and intelligence.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: wazzledoozle
Questioning the all-knowing and trustworthy US government is not welcome on Anandtech.

What are you talking about, you imbecile? This forum questions the government hourly. What isn't welcome is silly, speculative, tinfoil wearing, conspiracy nutjobs like you and the OP.

imported_Aelius

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2004
Originally posted by: BoberFett
Questioning the all-knowing and trustworthy US government is not welcome on Anandtech.

What are you talking about, you imbecile? This forum questions the government hourly. What isn't welcome is silly, speculative, tinfoil wearing, conspiracy nutjobs like you and the OP.

That's right... don't ever bother addressing issues but attack the person, their character, their motivation, their IQ by calling the very question frivolous etc. Yeah sometimes we fire back and I regret it. I don't think we should be stooping to your level.

The thing is we actually bring up issues. Hardly ever does anyone actually address them and instead constantly call everything frivolous.

You people jackhammer into people's heads that every question that doesn't conform to your view is frivolous and that your view is the only sensible view and everyone has that sensible view.

The only problem is that it doesn't work on people who realize what you are doing and refuse to be manipulated.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org

Sorry, not buying it.

1. Remains =/= whole body.
2. Take a basic physics class.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Sorry, not buying it.
1. Why should you care enough to doubt it?

2. Why should they lie?

3. DNA doesn't lie.

You ran out of intelligent things to say before you got to this thread. :roll:

wazzledoozle

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2006

Hah! This is just the reply I was looking for, thanks for the entertainment.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Uh, yeah, seriously. Hell, when pretty much everyone is saying you're full of crap, ya MIGHT want to take a sniff.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
the passengers didnt fight back. the aircraft was shot down

actually the only thing that doesnt make sense is one of those buildings not even near the world trade center towers collapsing.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

That's right... don't ever bother addressing issues but attack the person, their character, their motivation, their IQ by calling the very question frivolous etc. Yeah sometimes we fire back and I regret it. I don't think we should be stooping to your level.

The thing is we actually bring up issues. Hardly ever does anyone actually address them and instead constantly call everything frivolous.

You people jackhammer into people's heads that every question that doesn't conform to your view is frivolous and that your view is the only sensible view and everyone has that sensible view.

The only problem is that it doesn't work on people who realize what you are doing and refuse to be manipulated.

LOL, this coming from the person that says that they will never believe a thing that the Bush administration says, lol.

imported_Aelius

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2004
Originally posted by: JD50

LOL, this coming from the person that says that they will never believe a thing that the Bush administration says, lol.

I fail to find the humor. It's quite sad that you cannot trust a government that's supposed to be trusthworthy and be on the moral high ground.

imported_Aelius

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Rainsford

Uh, yeah, seriously. Hell, when pretty much everyone is saying you're full of crap, ya MIGHT want to take a sniff.

That may be true sometimes but please don't try to pass that off as a given. If anything that idea stinks.