Moore to shoot sequel to 'Fahrenheit'

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBI...itfollow.ap/index.html
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Michael Moore plans a follow-up to "Fahrenheit 9/11," his hit documentary that assails President Bush over the handling of the September 11 attacks and the war on terrorism, according to a Hollywood trade paper.

Moore told Daily Variety that he and Harvey Weinstein, the Miramax boss who produced the film, hope to have "Fahrenheit 9/11 1/2" ready in two to three years.

"Fifty-one percent of the American people lacked information (in this election) and we want to educate and enlighten them," Moore was quoted in Thursday's edition of Variety. "They weren't told the truth. We're communicators and it's up to us to start doing it now."

A spokesman for Fellowship Adventure Group, formed by Weinstein and brother Bob to help distribute "Fahrenheit 9/11," did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

"Fahrenheit 9/11," which won top honors at May's Cannes Film Festival, became the first documentary to top $100 million at the domestic box office. Moore, who won the documentary Academy Award for "Bowling for Columbine," is pushing "Fahrenheit 9/11" in the best-picture category for the upcoming Oscars.

The issues for the follow-up film will remain the same, Iraq and terrorism, Moore said.

"The official mourning period is over today and there is a silver lining: George W. Bush is prohibited by law from running again," Moore said.

Sep 12, 2004
"The official mourning period is over today and there is a silver lining: George W. Bush is prohibited by law from running again," Moore said.
What a shame Moore isn't prohibited by law from releasing another one of his schlockumentaries.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken
What a shame Moore isn't prohibited by law from releasing another one of his schlockumentaries.

luckily we are not required by law to watch his "documentaries"

InfectedMushroom

Golden Member
Aug 15, 2001

what a shame religious morons are not prohibited by law from spewing their sh1t.

see it goes that way too.

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: InfectedMushroom

what a shame religious morons are not prohibited by law from spewing their sh1t.

Err, great. I'm agnostic myself.

Anything else that misses wide of the topic that you have to add?

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002

He's a liberal too! :) Never mind his positions are more akin to a right-wing religious fundamentalist... You're not supposed to notice that.

InfectedMushroom

Golden Member
Aug 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Infohawk

He's a liberal too! :) Never mind his positions are more akin to a right-wing religious fundamentalist... You're not supposed to notice that.

only when it comes to religion. ;)

and to think i grew up with grandparents that knew the bible by heart. i really developed a hatred for religion as an institution only after living in the US for 10 years. must be something in the air. :D

Sep 12, 2004

Which positions are those Infohawk? You have no clue what my positions are, yet you constantly make the same remark about my posts over and over and over and over and over....just like a parrot. Damn, your avatar makes complete sense now.

Care to name my positions to back up your claims, or are you going to go your normal weasel route and slink off?

ntdz

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
im glad hes making the movie. It should cement the Republican nominee in 2008 a victory and a continuation of a decade of Republican domination.

Kibbo

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2004
Originally posted by: RabidMongoose
I think it'll be entertaining just like F9/11...but just that - mainly entertaining.

Bahh, it wasn't entertaining, it was crap. Roger and Me, now that was entertaining.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Originally posted by: ntdz
im glad hes making the movie. It should cement the Republican nominee in 2008 a victory and a continuation of a decade of Republican domination.

EXACTLY. I can't believe that the Democrats think they will gain votes by calling the other side 'uneducated rednecks' and talking down to them in general.

"Fifty-one percent of the American people lacked information (in this election) and we want to educate and enlighten them"

All of us know what he is really saying here. 51% of the American people are stupid. I hope this trend continues. Keep hammering away with this message for 2.5-3 years and then suddenly come up with a platform of substance instead of arrogant rhetoric because if you keep this up you are looking at 12 years instead of 8.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002

Care to name my positions to back up your claims, or are you going to go your normal weasel route and slink off?

You've been PMed.... ;)

Sep 12, 2004

You've been PMed.... ;)
I'm sure others would want to see you back up your claim. What's the matter, you chicken, hawk?

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002

I'm sure others would want to see you back up your claim. What's the matter, you chicken, hawk?

Actually, you sleaze, the mods look down on pissing matches. :) You should know since you've been warned about it. ;) You know where to find me. Ciao. :thumbsdown:

Sep 12, 2004

Actually, you sleaze, the mods look down on pissing matches. :) You should know since you've been warned about it. ;) You know where to find me. Ciao. :thumbsdown:

Then don't start them in the first place, troll. You intiiated this and I will be forwarding this discussion to the mods to demonstrate your continual penchant for flamebaiting in this forum.

Thumbsdown indeed.

slyedog

Jan 12, 2001
i hope michael moore make 3 or 4 more movies like fahrenheit. he helps our republican cause greatly.
between movies the nasty bast%ard needs to take a good bath.

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

:thumbsup: My thoughts exactly :)

CsG

That's an interesting form of politics. Whichever party can point out the biggest moron among the two parties will win the election. Does that imply that we're allowing morons to represent our parties?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: TuxDave
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

:thumbsup: My thoughts exactly :)

CsG

That's an interesting form of politics. Whichever party can point out the biggest moron among the two parties will win the election. Does that imply that we're allowing morons to represent our parties?

No, this isn't about how big of moron he is - it's about how many rabid leftist will eat up his spew and shout it from every hill...or under every bridge;). I think there was a backlash against the RBH crowd this election cycle. It would be one thing if the left had distanced themselves from moore - but it seemed they embraced him and his hate and it spilled over into other things too. He alone didn't cause this however - it came from many parts of the left. If the left doesn't contain or distance these people from themselves - it'll be an easy political victory the next time around.

CsG