Moonshine in Atlanta

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yum Yum good old white. Some moonshiners are really stupid and use old, really old car radiators the copper ones that are soldered together with lead solder. It is cheap and deadly.
People up in the hills here make booze out of sugar beets and it looks like areo floor wax, potent stuff. One guy was using horse turds in a sock to color it up to look like good booze. Can't believe I drank some of that stuff once.

Bleep

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Is making homemade wine (and not paying taxes on it) illegal? I've got an uncle that does that, and this made me wonder....

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Hehe...I've actually had some shine made by a friend of mine (and not with a freaking car radiator) that was pretty good. Kinda reminded me of tequila.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I have relatives still making shine on occasion back in Kentucky. Great stuff and quite safe unlike this Atlanta brew.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Mookow
Is making homemade wine (and not paying taxes on it) illegal? I've got an uncle that does that, and this made me wonder....

That's some good stuff and you can make it out of pretty much any fruit or berry. My faves are strawberry & blackberry

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
hmm I haven't seen him posting as much in recent days. Oh wait, thats moonbeam, not moonshine.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Nitemare

That's some good stuff and you can make it out of pretty much any fruit or berry. My faves are strawberry & blackberry

yes, I know its quite good (when done correctly), my question was: is it legal?

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000

Most states allow you to brew/distill up to a certain amount of most beverages for your personal consumption.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Fausto1

Most states allow you to brew/distill up to a certain amount of most beverages for your personal consumption.

I know it is legal in most places to brew beer or make wine for personal consumption but I don't think it is legal anywhere in the US to distill. I could be wrong but that is my understanding of it. We used to get some decent shine when I was in college from Highland County, VA. Moonshining is still going on strong up in the more remote mountain areas.