Montel Williams puts FOX News on its place..

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Pale Rider
Originally posted by: TallBill
Why didn't he go after CNN also?

Because he was on Fox, not CNN. HULLO!!!???

Whoah. Nothing gets past you.

Actually, he blamed all media. I don't really need to hear about the troops, but haven't turned on a news show in several years because of their overcoverage of unimportant people and things. I don't care about "celebs". There are far more interesting stories about no names out there.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Queasy

and MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, Telemundo, etc

yeap it was played over and over by all of them. hell they were comeing up with ideas every few minutes on why/how he died. none of them right but all of them far fetched.

it was getting silly

hahah they didn't know what to do. he really screwed that up for them. but i do agree with him

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Montel? Isn't he the guy that threatened a college student that he would "Find out where she lives and burn her house down" when she coincidentally showed up at the same event as he did, which he naturally interpreted as a sign that she was stalking him?

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
It's courageous for him to do that, and I feel the same way.

I feel that the media or the general public is twisted... more people were talking about Heath Ledger's death than Benazir Bhutto's... when Bhutto's death can destabilize the entire Mid-East region.

Although he'd probably get punished by Fox in some way.

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005
Is there any reason to watch television news anymore? The quality just seems to be getting worse and worse as time progresses.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: TallBill

Because he was on Fox, not CNN. HULLO!!!???

Hah... for real. It's not like he was singling out Fox, but it was Fox that invited him to talk about it.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Link

If you're in the military or have family in the military, you may have received what-on the surface-appears to be an appealing offer, to appear on the Montel Williams show for a sympathetic episode about your perspective as a military family. If you're aware that Montel is himself a veteran, you might feel safe in agreeing to appear on his show.

Don't feel safe. Montel sold out. He's just as bad as any other lying, politically motivated media figure who looks down on the military and thinks of your life and sacrifice as nothing more than a political football and a way to get ratings.

They're lying to you. They're waiting to ambush you with their own agenda, embarrass you on national TV, and make you out to be weak, vulnerable, exploited dopes. They want to use you as a tool to attack your chain of command and our elected leaders. As milblogger airforcewife on military.com's SpouseBuzz tells it, they've already tried it on one brave group of military families, who responded by letting them have it and walked out on the taping. It looks like they haven't given up, and they lack all sense of shame, honor, or dignity-they're trying to round up more unwary, trusting people to feed to the wolves. Don't be Montel's sucker! And let them know exactly what you think of their dishonest tactics. Call producer Michelle Pearson at (800) 987-5446, extension 392, and give her a piece of your mind. Or email her your thoughts at m_pearson@montelshow.com. Do either or both of these things-but the last thing you should do, right after joining the Taliban, is agree to appear on this exploitative liar's show and help his vicious agenda.

Shame on you, Montel Williams.

airforcewife replied to Michelle Pearson of the Montel Williams show by email, in response to her clueless attempt to gather more sheep for the sacrifice in the comments section of the same military blog where her show's shenanigans had already been exposed by a would-be victim who wasn't having any of it. Can you get any more tone-deaf than that? Her reply, and more links, after the jump.

Ms. Pearson:

I am an author on SpouseBuzz, the blog on which you posted several invitations for military people to appear on the Montel Show in a show about "teen families and deployment." I have tried to reach you several times by telephone, but there was never an answer.

It's rather odd that you chose one of my posts in which to leave that comment, as I was a part of a military group that did indeed accept an invitation to a Montel taping about "deployment issues", only to be ambushed and have the subject be one about Anthrax. I was a part of the group that left, and I later posted about that experience and the betrayel we felt by Montel (whom we had assumed we could trust because of his veteran status). In fact, I posted about that experience on SpouseBuzz itself, and it was then linked to by several other blogs and has been quite the topic of discussion.

Quite honestly, I could never in good conscious give my blessings to any military person to appear on the Montel Williams show, as not only my experience was in being used to fulfill agenda; but there have been other military families who reported the same issue with being used also.

Montel Williams has a right to free speech, and as a former military member he should understand that we, in the military DO NOT. Not unless we get out. His misinformation at the taping we attended reduced the wife of a deployed airman to tears. And really, there is not much we can do about it except to realize that Montel is not as honest with military families and issues as his public persona holds him to be.

My husband has deployed twice in the GWoT, both to Iraq and Afghanistan. It is only a matter of time until he deploys again. I am NOT a victim, and neither is he. If Montel really cared anything about military people at all, he would admit the mistake that was made in his program and include more rounded information. Most of all, he would apologize to the people he hurt - the very people he is claiming to help and support.

I doubt that will happen, just as I doubt the issue will be brought to his attention. I'm sure you will find people to sit on the show that will fulfill the agenda he wants to bring to the public. However, it will not be anyone that I have spoken to and made aware of the bias inherent in Montel's shows.

Someday, perhaps, I hope someone will portray military families as they really are - strong, strong families that choose this life and live on pride. The pride that Montel tried to wrench away with us on that show.
airforcewife

Let the Montel Williams show know that they should just give up on trying to smear our brave volunteer military men, women, and families, because each and every one of them knows that Montel's name is mud with from here on out! And please let as many people as you can know about this. Show them to airforcewife's original post about Montel's deception, which is located at the SpouseBuzz blog, here. Spread the word, and let these people-who aren't worthy to lick your shoe-know that they can't get away with this kind of deceitful ambush any more!

Andi's World has more from other military spouses who were ambushed, and other blogs where Montel's producers are trying to snare the unwary.

ktehmok

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2001
I wouldn't piss on a talk show host if they were on fire & writhing in agony in the middle of the street. The sooner the rest of the idiots in this country feel the same way they will go away.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
What a hell of a twist it is that a talk show host blasts the media for airing things that are unimportant to society or making a spectacle of other's problems. Does Montel Williams seriously think he has us fooled into believing that his show and others like it are about helping people and not about gawking at the decay of society?

What a crock.

ghost recon88

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2005
:thumbsup: for Montel. I'm so sick and tired of waking up in the morning, getting on the web and reading the headlines only to see news about Heath Ledger, Britney Spears, and all the other celebrities. Too bad its the media circus running the news.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Injury
What a hell of a twist it is that a talk show host blasts the media for airing things that are unimportant to society or making a spectacle of other's problems. Does Montel Williams seriously think he has us fooled into believing that his show and others like it are about helping people and not about gawking at the decay of society?

What a crock.

Last time I checked, his show was called the "Montel Williams Show", not "The News".

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Dead soldiers don't appeal to people like a dead celebrity does. Its not rocket science, its statistics...that's the was most viewers are (and the statistical makeup on this board is probably no different in the least) and they simply pander to it like all the other stations.

If you want news shows to set their agenda differently, go to a country who's news broadcasts aren't centered around profits.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Oh come on. How self-righteous of him. The news shows are just broadcasting what people want.

Maybe Montel should band together with congress and pass legislation to have networks broadcast what he feels we should be watching.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Twista
Would this be p&n? If so please move it.

I agree deeply with Montel. All this celebrety coverage. None of the fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...pcq6Uzs&feature=bzb302

montel is full of himself.

the awful truth is people don't need a constant death watch. dying soldiers, dead in darfur, dead in israel/palestine/pakistan/agfanistan...somewhere in the world every day there is a pile of bodies. its frankly a world of constant f*ck. the minutia of f*ck really. and is inconsequential to the daily lives of most people who are already stressed out as it is. so a bit of lighter entertainment is what they go for, and i don't blame them. that you know details on every suicide bombing in pakistan means absolutely nothing for most people or has any real bearing on the big picture. the minutia matters to people who frankly keep up on the news like a hobby, the obsessives. its fine, but no need to get snotty over it and make it to be more than it is.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Injury

What a crock.

when's the last time you've watched his show? I see it from time to time and he has a lot of feel good stories about people overcoming adversities. He show is far closer to Oprah than it is to Jerry Springer.