Montana Man Slams 13-Year-Old to Ground, Fracturing His Skull, for Not Removing Hat During Anthem

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Fuck all of this.

A 39-year-old man has been charged with felony assault of a minor in Montana after he allegedly slammed a 13-year-old boy to the ground for not taking his hat off during the national anthem. The incident took place Saturday at the Mineral County Fair and Rodeo in western Montana. Witnesses told a local CBS affiliate that as the anthem began, Curt Brockway grabbed the teen, picked him up, and then slammed him headfirst to the ground. As people nearby approached, Brockway said he slammed the boy to the ground because of his hat. “He said (the boy) was disrespecting the national anthem so he had every right to do that,” eyewitness Taylor Hennick said. Brockway told a sheriff’s deputy that he had asked the boy to remove his hat for the anthem and that the boy cursed in response, though eyewitnesses did not corroborate that portion of Brockway’s retelling.

“There was a little boy lying on the ground,” Hennick told the Missoulian. “He was bleeding out of his ears, seizing on the ground, just not coherent.” She said she had heard a “pop” when the anthem began and recognized the boy as the neighbor of a family member. The injuries sustained by the boy were severe: He was taken to a local hospital where he was diagnosed with temporal skull fractures before being flown to a children’s hospital in Spokane, Washington. The boy’s parents said he continued bleeding from the ear for nearly six hours after the incident.

“It’s just a lot of pain in my head. I don’t remember anything—the rodeo, the helicopter, nothing,” the teen, who has since been released from the hospital, told CBS affiliate KPAX. Brockway has had previous run-ins with the law and is currently serving a 10-year probation sentence for another assault charge involving a weapon.

curt-brockway-mineral-county-kpax-wjw-tcd-1200x630.jpg

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...VmdbL_XsPRE0HhGd7HsVE2tzr17-61-0BDJ_EbLGOUmE0

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
I hope the boy recovers with no long term consequences. I also hope the perp goes to prison for a long long time. And most of all I would sincerely hope that more people would start seeing connection between unquestioning nationalism and violence.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Well the important thing here is the suspect was let out without requiring the $100k bail the prosecutor wanted.

I feel that anyone of any race would have been treated the same.
jnHWXN4.gif

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I guess he showed that disrespectful little punk! :rolleyes:

Since he's in Montaa-aa-na...where the men are men...and the sheep are nervous...he might get a bit of jail time...but not nearly as much as he would have in many states.

NAC4EV

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2015
What if the boy was wear a religious head covering?????

Brockway has had previous run-ins with the law and is currently serving a 10-year probation sentence for another assault charge

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

Brockway has had previous run-ins with the law and is currently serving a 10-year probation sentence for another assault charge

That's ridikoolus...good, gawd-fearing x-tians don't wear any religious head covering that can't be removed at important events like playing the NATIONAL ANTHEM!

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

Hopefully being on probation will multiply his sentence. But this is the state that elected a guy who assaulted a reporter to congress so maybe not.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

The state requested that Brockway’s bond be set to $100,000, but a judge ruled that Brockway can be released on his own recognizance.

What
The
Hell?

Reactions: Thebobo

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
That he wasn't held without bail until his arraignment is a travesty.

Maybe he's forming an exploratory committee for the MT senate seat.

Reactions: jman19

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Deplorable's gotta be deplorable...what else is there to say? If he felt so disrespected, why not just grab the hat or knock it off the kid? Hope the boy doesn't have any permanent damage as a result.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
So white god fearing patriotic conservative gun toting republican Christians on this board, a question. Could the kids father legally have shot and killed him while he was assaulting his son?

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
So white god fearing patriotic conservative gun toting republican Christians on this board, a question. Could the kids father legally have shot and killed him while he was assaulting his son?

I would think. If through some unfortunate happenstance I was living in Montana, I would probably carry everywhere to protect against rightie nutjobs like this.

Reactions: Ichinisan

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Well the important thing here is the suspect was let out without requiring the $100k bail the prosecutor wanted.

I feel that anyone of any race would have been treated the same.
jnHWXN4.gif
That is ridiculous for a guy who already was on probation for assault with a weapon. Great. Just great.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
If only we'd ban guns, none of this violence would happen.

What a foolish notion. Violence is out there, this time the kid survived. Next time, maybe the perp shoots him instead, which is far more lethal. It's sad this is all you could add.

Anyways, nationalism to this extreme is a disease. Not removing your hat may be considered disrespectful, but certainly covered under free speech. Body slamming, however, is not.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
What a foolish notion. Violence is out there, this time the kid survived. Next time, maybe the perp shoots him instead, which is far more lethal. It's sad this is all you could add.

Anyways, nationalism to this extreme is a disease. Not removing your hat may be considered disrespectful, but certainly covered under free speech. Body slamming, however, is not.

The guy could have killed him had he wanted to, gun or no gun. Now, on the flip side, if I was that guy, yea..I would have reconsidered what I did out of fear that kids dad was carrying. We have a people problem that no gun solution is going to solve.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Wanna know how to prevent gun violence. Keep people like this child abusing monster away from guns permanently. If you don't have the temperament to be around people in public you don't get no pew pews.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Also can you imagine what Fox would run if a migrant worker cracked some white kids skull in for whatever reason?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
The guy could have killed him had he wanted to, gun or no gun. Now, on the flip side, if I was that guy, yea..I would have reconsidered what I did out of fear that kids dad was carrying. We have a people problem that no gun solution is going to solve.

Guns make ending life super easy. There is not a honest person who would argue otherwise. The man here could have mowed down dozens of people before anyone could stop him. How many people would you speculate he could have beaten to death before anyone stopped him?

Like I said, what sad commentary from you. The argument is not whether or not people are violent, it's how much they get to impact others before it stops.