Mont Blanc Pens

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
I've heard many times that Mont Blanc pens are great and everything, but are very expensive. Now I've noticed that refill cartriges for some models are sold for $5 - $10 at places like office depot. So I was just wondering if anyone thinks these cartriges would write much better than a normal parker cartrige? And if so I'd just need to find a rather inexpensive pen it would fit or modify to fit.... Or are these pens just all about how they look and not their feel?

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Write better is subjective. I worked for over 4 years at OMAX/Staples. Mont Blancs are expensive for a reason. It all depends on if you can justify the cost with what it gives you. I use Papermate 1.0mm M in black/blue because I like how it writes, and they're about $3 a box. I hate fountain pens and never cared for the fancy Mont Blanc stuff. To others, it's worth it, even if just as a "status" symbol

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
They're just a status symbol. fountain pens are really inpractical for everyday use, w/ the bleeding and smudging

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
its a status thing. sure it rights nice, but you'd have to be a true "handwriting artist" to notice any difference i'm sure.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Mo0o
They're just a status symbol. fountain pens are really inpractical for everyday use, w/ the bleeding and smudging

*ding* Teh Winnar!! But oh, the smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth feeling you get when you gracefully remove the pen from the inner breast pocket of your jacket as you sign that Executive Level Contract, complete with Golden Parachute Clause.

Oh wait....you're just an ordinary guy like the rest of us!!

/SMACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkk!

Put that expensive pen down!!!! Here's your Papermate Disposable Fine Point Plastic Pen! Now get back to work!

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
I'm just referring to the ball point really. Seems like they just put normal stuff in a fancy package although some people claim that they're better as a writing pen.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Originally posted by: Mo0o

*ding* Teh Winnar!! But oh, the smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth feeling you get when you gracefully remove the pen from the inner breast pocket of your jacket as you sign that Executive Level Contract, complete with Golden Parachute Clause.

Oh wait....you're just an ordinary guy like the rest of us!!

/SMACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkk!

Put that expensive pen down!!!! Here's your Papermate Disposable Fine Point Plastic Pen! Now get back to work!

A real beast is just the same as a beauty between the sheets when the lights are out.

But a good fountain is a joy :p

Yeah I got one. Doesnt work well on carbon, but you do have to slow down a bit to write, and that makes the handwriting better. Heaven knows mine needs all the help it can get :D

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
i own a mont blanc and i think it's GREAT. It is just a really well made well crafter writing impliment
If i had not recieved it as a gift though - i would not have bought it. It's nice when i wear my tux, to have the mont blanc in my inner pocket that way my pens as dressy as i am. 99% of the time it sits in it's nice box in a bookshelf.

It's odd but i consider my mont blanc to be a piece of jewlery. Tux... pocket watch or wrist watch.. pen.

i wouldn't go out of my way to buy one (and to buy one you will have to go out of your way =\). i use a truegrip or flexgrip or something like that from penmate i think. 14 bucks for 14 of them, and they write almost as well, i bought a box forever ago, still on pen number 6 ( i lose the damn things more than i finish them.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
There is a premium to pay, but I guess to some it's worth it. After a certain point in life I guess people feel it's just nice to have some things like this

DeeKnow

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2002
I had someone give me one years ago... used it once.
i just do not see the point.... if you have money to burn, i can think of a hundred better things to buy... but i guess whatever floats your boat!

Liviathan

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2001
I have a Mont Blanc ball point pen Boheme series...and love it.

Yes you could just get a cheap pen, but its good to have nice things every so often. Now if you never really write then don't bother.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Since no one really writes anymore, I've decided to get a Mont Blanc Keyboard. Snazzy. :D

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Since no one really writes anymore, I've decided to get a Mont Blanc Keyboard. Snazzy. :D

Well, my Gucci keyboard is quite awesome, too. Plus, you should see the leather rests on the bottom so it doesn't scratch my desk. ;)

austin316

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Tiles2Tech

Well, my Gucci keyboard is quite awesome, too. Plus, you should see the leather rests on the bottom so it doesn't scratch my desk. ;)

on my Luis Vuitton Keyboard, I added two flat screens to it and a Playstation 2.

WHipLAsh13

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2001
I received a Mont Blanc as a gift and I love it. No pen I have ever used writes like it.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: austin316
Originally posted by: Tiles2Tech

on my Luis Vuitton Keyboard, I added two flat screens to it and a Playstation 2.

How can you type on that thing when every key is labelled "LV"?

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
I've had a few Mont Blancs as gifts as well as an assortment of other expensive pens. I never liked them and gave them away; I prefer the simple uniball pens. My wife does like her Mont Blanc but she's enamored with the style of the pen, not it's writing quality.