I just recently came into possession of a Samsung LED monitor with a broken power connector. I was told if i could fix it it would be mine. I was able to open up the monitor remove the connector and just hard wired (i.e. soldered) the power connector to the board as there was only 2 wires (assuming 1 positive and 1 negative). I soldered the negative to the ground and positive to VCC1. The monitor works. However I am concerned about safety. As long as no water or moisture gets in. And there are no shorts wiring as far as I know. I want to know are there any fire hazards in what I just did. is the current high enough to spark a fire in these monitors.