Monitor Calibration Help

Praxis1452

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2006
I'm not a professional and don't need professional calibration software, but I've been trying to calibrate my monitor for the past couple days. The monitor is the Asus vw266H. It's got settings for contrast, brightness, saturation, sharpness, ascr, overdrive and it's got color temp and skintone. Now, colortemp only has bars: RGB so I'm not sure what to set it to. I left skintone at natural.

I've used lagom and tried norman karen or something and when I finish, it just seems that orange/red colors jump out waaaay to much.

I tried turning down saturation, and that helped, but it's still there. I used "quickgamma" to set my gamma correctly at 2.2. I'm not sure what settings to manipulate anymore. :( Any help would be great.

louerhardt

Aug 17, 2010
It is important to remember that if you are making adjustments without a meter or calibration software, then that is all you are doing... making adjustments. Calibrating anything, by definition, involves measurements.

Do a Google on "HTPC calibration software", and you can find free pattern generators to download. There's very affordable meters and software nowadays, so there's really no good excuse for people if accuracy is important to them. But at the very least, make sure you're using some good patterns and understand how to use them if you're going to be making adjustments by eye.

Hope that helps.