Moment of Silence Tomorrow (8:46am)

Jan 12, 2003
Tomorrow marks the second anniversary of the deadly terrorist attacks of
September 11, 2001. In remembrance of the more than 3,000 individuals
who lost their lives on that day, President Bush has asked all Americans
to observe a moment of silence tomorrow at 8:46 a.m...

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I don't hate Bush; I have no reason to. Do I believe that most of his policies and agendas are either decidedly politicized or fervently polarized? Sure. I'd contend that this is one of the finest examples of it.

Two years after the fact he decides that we need a moment of silence to mourn for the dead. Funny how the majority of his policies were rushed through the necessary steps via either the immediate aftermath or the ensuing dread of 9/11. His entire campaign consists of FUD, illusion and misdirection and I think that this is just another example of that.

There are countless tragedies far greater than 9/11, but without it the majority of Bush's agendas would be dead in the water. His "asking" the American people to have a moment of silence seems, to me, like a superficial attempt to capitalize further on the deaths of American citizens.

I, personally don't need presidential instruction to mourn or contemplate the tragedy of 9/11, and I would hope that most Americans don't either. Take it as you will.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: konichiwa
I don't hate Bush; I have no reason to. Do I believe that most of his policies and agendas are either decidedly politicized or fervently polarized? Sure. I'd contend that this is one of the finest examples of it.

Two years after the fact he decides that we need a moment of silence to mourn for the dead. Funny how the majority of his policies were rushed through the necessary steps via either the immediate aftermath or the ensuing dread of 9/11. His entire campaign consists of FUD, illusion and misdirection and I think that this is just another example of that.

There are countless tragedies far greater than 9/11, but without it the majority of Bush's agendas would be dead in the water. His "asking" the American people to have a moment of silence seems, to me, like a superficial attempt to capitalize further on the deaths of American citizens.

I, personally don't need presidential instruction to mourn or contemplate the tragedy of 9/11, and I would hope that most Americans don't either. Take it as you will.

What greater tragedy inside our borders has happened that was greater than 9/11 in recent history? You can't name a single one so shut your pie hole. I find your comments extremely disturbing and you yourself need serious mental help. By you being so reactionary against any 9/11 remembrance it shows that you are doing the same that you accuse Bush of doing. You are attempting to further your agenda based on the same FUD you preach against. Reflection is a bitch isn't it?

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: VioletAura
Originally posted by: Millennium
*vomit*

What the fvck is your problem? Do you have something against 3,000 innocent people?

Bush had a problem with over twice as many.

"grenade-thrower" "'enemy tanks and tracked vehicles'; Republican Guards"

Yeah that is a totally innocent people. Do you like your tinted glasses or what?

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

What greater tragedy inside our borders has happened that was greater than 9/11 in recent history? You can't name a single one

Nope, I can't name one. But set aside your xenophobia for a minute and take a look outisde our borders. Countless (preventable) deaths occur every minute outside of our borders, whether they be American citizens, nationals, expatriates or non-Americans.

Does that make 9/11 any less of a tragedy? No, but I find the glorification of it and its victims and the contempt towards deaths outside of America deplorable and dispicable. Hence my disgust.

so shut your pie hole. I find your comments extremely disturbing and you yourself need serious mental help.

Lovely conclusion. How much do I owe you for this gem of wisdom, doc?

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
You know what makes me vomit? The wackjobs on here that can't just take it for what it is worth and offer some respect to those who died for one minute. Instantly politicized.

VioletAura

Banned
Aug 28, 2003
*vomit*

What the fvck is your problem? Do you have something against 3,000 innocent people?

Yeah that is a totally innocent people. Do you like your tinted glasses or what?

child
civilian vehicle
Mosque
10 year old boy
syrian passenger bus
etc.

My tinted glasses see just fine.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

What greater tragedy inside our borders has happened that was greater than 9/11 in recent history? You can't name a single one

Nope, I can't name one. But set aside your xenophobia for a minute and take a look outisde our borders. Countless (preventable) deaths occur every minute outside of our borders, whether they be American citizens, nationals, expatriates or non-Americans.

Does that make 9/11 any less of a tragedy? No, but I find the glorification of it and its victims and the contempt towards deaths outside of America deplorable and dispicable. Hence my disgust.

so shut your pie hole. I find your comments extremely disturbing and you yourself need serious mental help.

I see you ignore the part where I prove that you are a hypocrite. Life must be grand being so full of hatred and bullsh!t. Glad that you call me Xenophobic and all. That is a hoot considering we were talking AMERICAN tragedies and you started your verbal diarrhea up on something that was unrelated to the thread. Sure you don't just hate this country and its people?

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
*vomit*

child
civilian vehicle
Mosque
10 year old boy
syrian passenger bus
etc.

How are the ones I listed innocent? Please show me the amount of spin you have to put on that to say they were innocent.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

By you being so reactionary against any 9/11 remembrance it shows that you are doing the same that you accuse Bush of doing. You are attempting to further your agenda based on the same FUD you preach against. Reflection is a bitch isn't it?

Only he is the president of the united states, and while his agendas are shrouded in mystery and dark secrets, mine are out in the open. Not to mention mine have absolutely no consequence in comparison to his.

I'd rather Bush proclaim his agendas with defiance than act as if they are pure. If he's going to have them, he may as well revel in them. I suppose it's the true nature of a politician to leave everything in an, at best, nebulous, and at worst, dubious state of verity.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: alchemize
You know what makes me vomit? The wackjobs on here that can't just take it for what it is worth and offer some respect to those who died for one minute. Instantly politicized.

Are you really accusing me of politicizing it? How much more politicized can it get than a presidential order to MOURN, DAMNIT!?

VioletAura

Banned
Aug 28, 2003
*vomit*

child
civilian vehicle
Mosque
10 year old boy
syrian passenger bus
etc.

How are the ones I listed innocent? Please show me the amount of spin you have to put on that to say they were innocent.

It was a list of CIVILIANS killed.
Yeah, its ok to kill civilians once you were aiming for a tank
rolleye.gif
. Bin Laden could say the same thing, "I just wanted to hit the building, not my fault those people were there."
And of course you checked the 9/11 losses to make sure that they were all perfect people
rolleye.gif

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I see you ignore the part where I prove that you are a hypocrite.

Try again. I posted before you edited ... some of us have lives outside of this board, and I am one of them.

Life must be grand being so full of hatred and bullsh!t. Glad that you call me Xenophobic and all. That is a hoot considering we were talking AMERICAN tragedies and you started your verbal diarrhea up on something that was unrelated to the thread. Sure you don't just hate this country and its people?

More and more rhetoric. Who said American tragedies? Not me.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I don't hate this country and and its people. I happen to live in it and be one of them. Seems that around here the last vestige of the mal-interlocutor is to simply suggest that his adversary is a "Bush hater" or an "anti-American."

I'm sad to see that your post has degenerated this thread to that, but what could I expect. I tried to be civil anyway.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
"Does that make 9/11 any less of a tragedy? No, but I find the glorification of it and its victims and the contempt towards deaths outside of America deplorable and dispicable. Hence my disgust."

I haven't seen this "glorification" you speak of, or the contempt for death of innocents in other parts of the world.

What I have seen is American run into burning buildings to save people they don't know, literally on 9/11, and figuratively in Afghanistan and Iraq.

In both cases the efforts may have been foolhardy or misguided or unsuccessful, I'd rather not get into that discussion in this thread for the sake of staying on topic, but the intention was to do good.

But maybe your upset they aren't still having public beheadings of women in that soccer stadium in Kabul.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
How about Here?

"Looks the French are all to quick to surrender to the heat as well. What a great civilized country, I see it takes great care of its elderly."

Five times as many died, and this is a comment on it? But I can't vomit at Bush demanding mourning?

Of course, they are the French, so I guess that makes it okay, right? *roll*

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That comment you quoted about the French was uncalled for and disgusting.

But so was your one word response "vomit". You might have meant it to show your disgust at what you see as political use of a tragedy, but no one can interpret that from just one word.

calbear2000

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2001

Come on.

Are you that jaded that a moment of silence has too much political agenda behind it for you?

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
How about Here?

"Looks the French are all to quick to surrender to the heat as well. What a great civilized country, I see it takes great care of its elderly."

Five times as many died, and this is a comment on it? But I can't vomit at Bush demanding mourning?

Of course, they are the French, so I guess that makes it okay, right? *roll*

Go read through some of the French heatwave threads. I was one of the one saying that it had nothing to do with their nation or their people. Yes, it was due to some ineptness of their government and their health departments, but overall it is because their people aren't suited to the heat and a majority do not have anyway to cool off.