Molson's XXX (from canada, not this american crap we have)

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
i forgot to read the proof, but i had about 3 bottles and it felt like i drank six, my friend recently brought some back from canada and this weekend i just got to it...its really strong and bitter, but i have to say it was pretty good....almost better than real mexican corona....anyone else try it?

lucky canadians

jelkukipik

Feb 9, 2005
Originally posted by: Son of a N00b
i forgot to read the proof, but i had about 3 bottles and it felt like i drank six, my friend recently brought some back from canada and this weekend i just got to it...its really strong and bitter, but i have to say it was pretty good....almost better than real mexican corona....anyone else try it?

lucky canadians

Hehe yeah this beer can hit you quick.You guys in the states dont have this kind of 6.1 7.5 % kind of beer??? :confused:

NorthRiver

Golden Member
May 6, 2002
Yes we have strong beer, most people need to learn that they don't sell it at your normal grocery store.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: jelkukipik

lucky canadians

Hehe yeah this beer can hit you quick.You guys in the states dont have this kind of 6.1 7.5 % kind of beer??? :confused:

its a state law. only recently did they up the % around here. now i enjoy a 7%-9% brew on a regular basis :)

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
Us Canadians can drink. We usually get all drunked up and go seal clubbing. You can find them right outside our igloo's, and we have Polar bear's for pets.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: DaTT
Us Canadians can drink. We usually get all drunked up and go seal clubbing. You can find them right outside our igloo's, and we have Polar bear's for pets.

dont forget the "and we listen to bad canadian musicians"

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: DaTT

bawahaha...

When I was younger I asked a French kid if they had elevators! He got insulted.

Black88GTA

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2003
I used to drink it all the time back in the day. We used to hop the border 2-4 times a week when I was home in the summers from college and not old enough to go out in the States yet (my parents' house is 20 minutes from the border).

Yes, it knocks you on your ass if you drink it like normal beer. And they have it in grocery stores in the U.S. now!

xXped0thugXx

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2004
It tastes pretty good as well. First time I drank XXX I forgot to read the % and had 10 beers and it knocked me on my ass pretty good. I like it a lot better than all the watered down beers us college kids usually drink.

JacobJ

Banned
Mar 20, 2003

lucky canadians

man, I miss living in the northwest...

so many microbrews readily available that would kick that beers ass....

oregon/washington = beer central of the world.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: tweakmm
What is the proof?

It's only around 7% alcohol. Not all that much really considering a lot of the microbrews here in the states are at least that much if not more. And they don't taste like crap, remember Molson is owned by Coors now.

Ketteringo

Banned
Feb 2, 2002
It's in the grocery stores here in Michigan, but I've never tried it. Maybe next weekend I'll pick some up.

6.x% seems weak compared to a 12% imperial stout :)

Summitdrinker

Golden Member
May 10, 2004
plenty of american micro brews are high in Alcohol, I have had some in 9 to 10 percent range.

I used to live 40 miles from the canada border. went there to buy beer often. after a while I woke up. there regular beer was OK, but not any better than regular american beer. there micro beer didn't compare to the stuff we had/ have. maybe things have changed? but I wouldn't mind having a fresh half warm bottle of Formosa springs bavarian bock beer. this was 10 years ago.............

bavarian bock label

sad they no longer make it, another one gone, R.I.P.

Brick Brewing was originally located in Waterloo ON. They closed that brewery and moved their operations here to the former Formosa Springs Brewery, which used to be the Algonquin Brewery.

http://www.brickbrewingco.com/html/formosa002.html