Mointor Blank in Windows

amerifax

Jan 7, 2004
I have no display on my Windows xp Pro64. I have a Dell 30 inch and a 24 inch set up as a dual monitor.

The only way I can see a display is to flash the cmos than go into cmos. Here I see a dispaly. When I exit and try to load windows I have no display. I than flash the cmos and can now, againe, can see the dislay. Once I exit cmos and try to go into windows,agine no display. It's a complete circle.
I replaced the "Power Supply - 800 watt" and "Mother Board - ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe" with no help. I asso replaced the hard drives.

No Luck

Bob

amerifax

Jan 7, 2004
Safe mode? That way the second thing I checked. Actually I had bought a motrher board before that. I also bought a power supply. Today my problem is a little worse than yesterday. Now when I leave cmosy the system powers off. Before I could at least exit cmos and have power till I tryed to go into windows.

Bob

Peter

Elite Member
Oct 15, 1999
Please stop saying "CMOS" when you mean "BIOS" and "BIOS Setup". Thanks.

amerifax

Jan 7, 2004
Let me clarify the situation a little more. After I clear the cmos I am able to get video. If I go into the cmos and change my settings accordingly (select the proper boot order for my drives), save and exit, the computer will no longer post and I don't have anymore video.

Let me add that we have replaced the MB and the Power Supply. The MB is an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe and we have 2 256MB GeForce 7800 GTX's.

But now things have changed a little I have taken the 2nd Video card out and I have disconnected all the hard drives except for the C drive. This removes the need to go into the cmos and change anything. I was able to get the computer to boot into Windows. When it came to the F1 to enter Setup or F2 to bypass and load defaults, I hit F2. When I got into Windows I immediatedly recieved 2 errors. One wanting me to activate Windows (no big deal) and another that said:
Registry Hive Recovered
Registry Hive (file) SOFTWARE was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost.

When I clicked OK I also got a Windows Error that said DKSERVICE.exe encountered a problem and needs to be closed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If anyone can explain what may be causing it.

Bob

amerifax

Jan 7, 2004
Just wanted to add a little update. After restarting the computer, I have to reset the cmos again in order to get video. Again, I hit F2 to load defaults. The computer will boot into Windows. Then I got the "blue screen of death" The error was:
sysaudio.sys
Page_fault_in_nopaged_area
Stop 0X00000050 (etc...)

sysaudio.sys - address FFFFFADF81FE0ED0 base at
datestamp - 45D699d0

Does this help anymore? After getting the stop error everytime I login to Windows, it crases. I finally thought we were on to something, but I guess not.

Bob

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Steve
You said you bought a new motherboard, did you have a different one before that and simply plug in the hard drives, or did you reformat and do a fresh install?

Winning post!