mods for Empire Total War?

acheron

Diamond Member
May 27, 2008
Since I'm passing on Rome 2 for now I thought I'd go back and play Empire again. Did they ever get the game working very well on its own or does it need modding?

What mods should I check out? I'm not really interested in mods that radically change the mechanics, just stuff that improves/fixes the existing game.

xXx orange

Jun 30, 2013
Darthmod is pretty good. It just makes the game more epic but doesn't change much. If you go to Total War Center you can find tons of awesome Empire mods including a Civil War mod.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
If you ask me, I'd say Empire doesn't need any mods at this point. I recently beat the game as the Russians, and encountered ZERO problems. Game plays great and very enjoyable. Cant speak for nerdy snobs that nitpick at bullet physics or AI "stupidity", but for me it seemed like everything was great.

Only problem I have is with sea battles. Although they are absolutely awesome it's very hard to ever partake in them. They take forever, and either way, it's a pointless endevour because by the time u get ships, the enemy already has huge stacks of them and just bumrushes you as soon as you get a ship or two out. I usually just autoresolve sea battles unless it's only 1-6 ships partaking on each side.

Last edited:

acheron

Diamond Member
May 27, 2008
If you ask me, I'd say Empire doesn't need any mods at this point. I recently beat the game as the Russians, and encountered ZERO problems. Game plays great and very enjoyable. Cant speak for nerdy snobs that nitpick at bullet physics or AI "stupidity", but for me it seemed like everything was great.

Good news. I'll probably give it a try without mods first then and see how it goes.

Darthmod is pretty good. It just makes the game more epic but doesn't change much. If you go to Total War Center you can find tons of awesome Empire mods including a Civil War mod.

Yeah, Darthmod was the one I found with my initial googling. Sounds like that is the way to go if I decide to install anything.