Modern Warfare 3 Online Universe

Arsinek

Feb 9, 2010
I wouldnt get your hopes up. MMOs take years to develop. So unless theyre going to tell us theyre putting out a COD MMO thats going to come out in like 3 years I wouldnt get too excited.

What seems more along the lines of their business practice would be the micro transaction thing like theyre doing for China. In which case Id laugh in their face.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
I'm not sure. It's not like their time has been spent making new graphical engines(ha ha) that they couldn't have been working on such a thing.

Besides, is there anything they could possibly sell in micro transactions that would be worth of the name "Universe"?

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
Activision unsurprisingly has high hopes for this year's Call of Duty game, saying it will set a new standard in the genre and include an 'unprecedented online universe'.
yey..?

Arsinek

Feb 9, 2010
I'm not sure. It's not like their time has been spent making new graphical engines(ha ha) that they couldn't have been working on such a thing.

Besides, is there anything they could possibly sell in micro transactions that would be worth of the name "Universe"?

Who knows? But being Activision I could see them trying it.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
The one thing I miss most about MW1 is that smooth consistent game play. Treyarch makes everything so damn random (like they did in world at war), where the maps seem like a merry-go-round and the animations, hit detection, and gun mechanics change every time you load up on someone.

Lightweight and Hardened Pro is bull in Black Ops. Because in MW1 or even 2, they didn't have to make you flop your arm like a chicken when you got shot at or make your knife release any slower from whatever distance, to make it detrimental to have those perks used.

I also have no idea what they're even preluding to in this article. Seems like they're trying to stir up hype over nothing and it will likely turn out to be some half-ass gimmick like the match making system.

Last edited:

nvidiaintelftw

Apr 4, 2011
excited for there next cod game that will change the genre? Yeah they say that about ever Cod yet look at what happened after Cod4. its been rehashed/reskins of the Cod4 with same game mechanics and engine

RobertPters77

Feb 11, 2011
After MW2 I promised to never buy another CoD game.

I bought Black Ops... Now I liked it's single player, but the MP sucked!

A MW3 MMO better have a killer MP like CoD4 did.

Cheesetogo

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2005
I can't see future CoD games being remotely good. Treyarch continues to be terrible, and Infinity Ward was pretty much gutted after MW2 came out (founders + ~40 employees left the studio).

DirkGently1

Mar 31, 2011
I can't see future CoD games being remotely good. Treyarch continues to be terrible, and Infinity Ward was pretty much gutted after MW2 came out (founders + ~40 employees left the studio).

Yeah, i've been wondering what impact this will have on the upcoming game. Infinity Ward ARE CoD really. Without them there would be no reason to ever buy another CoD title.

digitaldurandal

Golden Member
Dec 3, 2009
Treyarch releases only buggy mess rehashes of games with changed textures and minor tweaks. However, I do not think this is their fault. It is the producers fault because they are all about grinding and getting the product out at a specific time.

We need more companies with the clout of Blizzard/Valve.

Sure, they dont constantly release games, but when they do - the game is polished and well worth my money.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Treyarch releases only buggy mess rehashes of games with changed textures and minor tweaks. However, I do not think this is their fault. It is the producers fault because they are all about grinding and getting the product out at a specific time.

We need more companies with the clout of Blizzard/Valve.

Sure, they dont constantly release games, but when they do - the game is polished and well worth my money.

treyarch is owned by activision blizzard

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
treyarch is owned by activision blizzard

For all intents and purposes they are owned by just Activision. Blizzard has nothing to do with Activision's operations, and Activision (intelligently) keeps their hands the fuck off of Blizzard. There isn't a single Activision logo anywhere on anything Blizzard as far as I've seen. Activision just wanted to be able to associate themselves with an actual good company.