Modded/Flashed xbox 360 s?

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
ok, so I found out the slim can be flashed. anybody know how to do it and if so could you do it for me? :)

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
go to xbox-scene for more info, we don't really discuss the whole modding thing here on these forums. you can find everything you need at xs though.

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
go to xbox-scene for more info, we don't really discuss the whole modding thing here on these forums. you can find everything you need at xs though.

I'm not really interested in doing it myself. I don't have the hardware to even attempt it. Trying to get someone here to give it a try.....

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
I'm not really interested in doing it myself. I don't have the hardware to even attempt it. Trying to get someone here to give it a try.....

Why would someone want to do this for YOU? I don't know many who want their XBs to be a test dummy for you.

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
Why would someone want to do this for YOU? I don't know many who want their XBs to be a test dummy for you.

Well, first I would be buying the xbox and the ship it to the modder so nobody would be testing their box. Second the flash isn't that difficult if it's anything like the fat one. I don't have the hardware to do it myself. No PC, no SATA connections, etc.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
You can find people on the xbox-scene forums who do the sort of thing you're asking about. Check there.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Well, first I would be buying the xbox and the ship it to the modder so nobody would be testing their box. Second the flash isn't that difficult if it's anything like the fat one. I don't have the hardware to do it myself. No PC, no SATA connections, etc.

You're probably better off not posting in this thread anymore then - modding is highly frowned upon.

KlokWyze

Diamond Member
Sep 7, 2006
www.dogsonacid.com
You're probably better off not posting in this thread anymore then - modding is highly frowned upon.

Modding isn't frowned upon at all. It's my hardware and I'll do what I want with it.... you're thinking of pirating right?

And xbox scene forums is where to go for this.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Modding isn't frowned upon at all. It's my hardware and I'll do what I want with it.... you're thinking of pirating right?

And xbox scene forums is where to go for this.

Modding discussion is highly frowned upon on these forums, considering modding is oriented at playing "back-ups" or aimbot-style hacks now.

KlokWyze

Diamond Member
Sep 7, 2006
www.dogsonacid.com
Modding discussion is highly frowned upon on these forums, considering modding is oriented at playing "back-ups" or aimbot-style hacks now.

That's bullshit. I see and partake in discussions on rooting devices on here all the time and never hear anyone cry about it. This is an IT geek forum FFS. :D

The problem with flashing is that all it allows is playing backups while JTAGing allows homebrew, which IMO, is the best part.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
That's bullshit. I see and partake in discussions on rooting devices on here all the time and never hear anyone cry about it. This is an IT geek forum FFS. :D

The problem with flashing is that all it allows is playing backups while JTAGing allows homebrew, which IMO, is the best part.

Rooting is not the same as modding a console. But feel free to PM a mod and continue the discussion with them, not me. I'm just don't want anyone banned, that's all.

KlokWyze

Diamond Member
Sep 7, 2006
www.dogsonacid.com
Rooting is not the same as modding a console. But feel free to PM a mod and continue the discussion with them, not me. I'm just don't want anyone banned, that's all.

Yeah I have no need to continue the discussion with a mod.... sorry if you're offended lol. D:

Stealing programmer's non-open source code is wrong IMO. Modding hardware you bought to use non-proprietary software is perfectly legit from every perspective, except from our corporate over lord's. :D

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006

Thats crap and you know it. Never once did I say that I wanted it modded for pirating or whatever. You are assuming that is the reason and never once did you ask.

Since you must know the system is being used at work. We had a previous modded elite that just died on us. Each of us were bringing in our OWN games that we burnt. I don't want to bring my original games into work because last time I did somebody stole a bunch of them. Yeah I know it sucks to work with a bunch of people that would do something like that but hey, what can ya do?

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Thats crap and you know it. Never once did I say that I wanted it modded for pirating or whatever. You are assuming that is the reason and never once did you ask.

Since you must know the system is being used at work. We had a previous modded elite that just died on us. Each of us were bringing in our OWN games that we burnt. I don't want to bring my original games into work because last time I did somebody stole a bunch of them. Yeah I know it sucks to work with a bunch of people that would do something like that but hey, what can ya do?

Lock the games up.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005

Don't do that. ESPECIALLY DO NOT DO THAT AT XBOX SCENE. There are so many scammers online these days that you will mail off your Xbox and your money and never see either again. I speak from experience, I had it happen to me and guess where......xbox-scene.

If you want to do this then do it yourself. You'd be shocked how easy it really is to mod your own hardware.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

there is 1 reason and 1 reason only to flash a new xbox 360 s ... and it is to play pirated games. you can tell us all you want about them being "legit owned games" or whatever but regardless it is for playing pirated games. you can't even jtag a newer 360 so don't try to act lik you are modding your 360 to run xbmc or other homebrew on it.

and modding a 360 is nothing at all like rooting at phone no matter how you try to swing it.

as people have already stated numerous times here and not sure why you continue to ignore it ... piracty is frowned down upon here and xbox-scene has everything you need and then some. also check out craigslist, there are always people on there locally who will do this for you.

Last edited:

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
just go to craigslist
search for 360 mod or jtag usually people who can do jtag can do the latest lite touch

just e-mail them and go from there, most places are like $40 which is cheap enough, especially since the slim requires new hardware

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I have flashed quite a few old models using LT+. Send me a slim and I'll do it for you. If you're serious, PM me. However, I offer no warranty if something should go wrong. If you lived anywhere near me, I'd say just bring it over, but you don't. =(

alent1234

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2002

get a x-box with a HD and bring in one game at a time

Runes911

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
Your an air traffic controller. We make what we want done happen. I'm sure you could find someone who has a pc you can use.