MOBO EP45-UD3R

joedeth

May 7, 2009
Hey all!! my first post here.

I just purchased the above mobo and can NOT get my Layla 20 PCI card (a DAW for recording) to work correctly. It has major audio latency. All I replaced was the mobo. I have the same vid card and HDD's. And the same OS. Windows XP SP 3.

I have tried everything from different audio programs (I own AA3 and tried the demo of Reaper. They both suffer). I tried disabling integrated items. Moving the PCI to different slots. I also have reinstalled Windows with no updates. I just installed my audio software and drivers for the Layla.

I'm probably forgetting something. But if anyone would have any suggestions it would be great!!

(There was nothing wrong with my old board. I just wanted to upgrade a little. My previous board was a MSI P6N Platinum. I'm close to just returning the EP45 board if I can't get my device working.)

joedeth

May 7, 2009
No i am not. I have tried everything on auto and also some static numbers for the ram and such but nothing was overclocked.

joedeth

May 7, 2009
Yeah i have a question in to Gigabyte. What do you all have as far as opinions on this board? I read a lot of good things and hope i can get this board to work. Otherwise, I read the Intel boards are solid.

WaitingForNehalem

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2008
After having a UD5, which I got returned, I will never buy one again. I personally like MSI boards so far.

joedeth

May 7, 2009
One thing i did not do. (I feel stupid) is check the gigabyte website for updates to drivers and BIOS.

The bios I was sure was most recent (well i found it wasnt) but the drivers i didnt even think about. I just put in what was on the CD it came with.

I will try that to see if it helps. And yea my MSI wasn't bad that I had, I think it was just the 650i chipset I wasn't happy with. The MSI P45 might be the way to go if I can't get this one working right.

joedeth

May 7, 2009
So i ran and updated EVERYTHING this time. No luck. I ran a DPC Latency checker I found on the internet. Nogo. So....if i don't hear anything back from Gigabyte, it's either the MSI P45 Platinum, or the ASUS P5Q pro, or the Intel P45. All i have exp with is the MSI I had. And like I said, I don't want another Nvidia SLI chipset. So, it's not like I didn't like the MSI.

Anybody have a preference to one of those 3 mentioned?

joedeth

May 7, 2009
Well I tried an ASUS board and I get the same problem. I wonder if it has something to do with P45 chipsets and my DAW card. I got the P5Q-PRO.

Has anyone had issues with P45's and PCI devices?