Mobo Dead?

TwinAphex

Apr 24, 2005
Cpu - E4300 (i believe) oc'd to 2.61
Ram - 2x2Gb patriot 800Mhz and 2x1Gb Kingston 800Mhz
Vid - Sapphire HD3870 512MB
Mobo - Asus P5K <green>
PSU - Antec Truepower Trio 550

So a few nights ago while we were asleep and everything was shut down we had a power outage for a few city blocks. Next morning getting ready for work and my computer wont turn on. Everything else in the room is turning on including the Gf's computer which was using the same surge protector.

Open up the case and see the sb_pwr light is flashing, searched around and got conflicting reports as to what this light really does. Since then I've pulled everything out sitting on the kitchen table. Tried clearing the cmos multiple times. Tried shorting the mb to see if the switch went bad, tried using the reset switch instead. Put the psu in the gf's computer and hers boots up fine. So i'm thinking that rules out the psu, haven't tried hers because it only has a 20 pin connector and i need a 24 pin one. Tried booting with only cpu also cobinations of ram and vid card to no avail. Everything was tried outside of the case.

I don't have another mobo or cpu that i can try combinations with so I am stuck hoping someone here has the end all be all answer or i'll drop it off at the comp store and hope they figure out what i need to replace at a price.

Any ideas?