Mobo beeps

johnlog

Jul 25, 2000
I am running Win ME on an Azus mobo with an Athlon 750 MHz CPU, and 256 megs memory. Don't know which version mobo. But it started making beeps that seem to be coming from the internal case speaker, not from my external speakers.

Sometimes it beeps one time. Another time maybe two beeps. Also heard three beeps but the 3 are each at a different frequency.

Anyone have an idea what is causing those beeps? Could it be due to the mobo battery needing replacement?

CPU temp is -- not available. Mobo temp is 27 / 80

CPU fan is running at 3,000 rpm Power fan at 2678 rpm and blowing out cool air.

The medium tower case is cold to the touch.

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
does the computer actually boot up?

beep codes usually mean a bad cpu, bad memory, or bad or improperly seated video card

check the asus manual and see if it describes the different codes

johnlog

Jul 25, 2000
Sohcrates,

>>><FONT size=1>does the computer actually boot up? <<<

It not only boots up but runs perfectly 24/7. Those beeps occur erratically. That is it can go for hours with no beeps then it starts to beep for a while. Then may not beep for the rest of the day. The computer case is cold to the touch so I do not think it is a heat related problem. The air coming out of the back of the case is cool.

It has not beeped for several hours now.

It has been a looong time since I last had any semblence of a crash with this system. I do not know if I still have the mobo manual or not. Or I may not have had it. I don't remember right now.</FONT>

whalen

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2000
Check the BIOS for some type of warning that is displayed...it could be warning you that you have too high a voltage or a heat related problem....you may have to adjust the values in the bios or just turn the alarm off.