Mobile, AL 17 year old shoots 10 people at football game

Jul 9, 2009
Well that sucks, we actually had a crisis that got wasted by the left.
Dumbshits! Never let a crisis go to waste!

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
It's sad when folks can't even enjoy watching juveniles get traumatic brain injuries without worrying about their own safety.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Police Chief: "We're gonna have to be more aggressive on our end as a city as to how we hold these individuals accountable."
That'll fix the problem. What a maroon.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Probably a gun free zone and he's 17, not supposed to carry. Doesn't the shooter know the Democrats have put laws in place that harm legal law abiding gun owners? Why didn't he follow the rules?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
The callous replies from resident republicans is quite telling.

At least nobody was killed, hope injuries are not life threatening and dont leave any permanent physical problems. We carry psychological trauma long after event like this. Hope they recover.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Yeah, mass shootings are just so boring nowadays what with having so many of them all the time. Main thing is nobody takes those fully tricked out AR's from our gun lovers. Heck don't matter how many of America's children/loved ones get murdered by firearms don'cha know? /s

Reactions: senseamp

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Probably a gun free zone and he's 17, not supposed to carry. Doesn't the shooter know the Democrats have put laws in place that harm legal law abiding gun owners? Why didn't he follow the rules?

And how do you think he obtained said weapon?
In a society that makes guns scarce, or in one that flaunts number of guns per capita?
If we wanted to stop this violence, which society do you think does a better job?

HINT, the society where it regularly occurs is a bad choice.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
And how do you think he obtained said weapon?
In a society that makes guns scarce, or in one that flaunts number of guns per capita?
If we wanted to stop this violence, which society do you think does a better job?

HINT, the society where it regularly occurs is a bad choice.

You're absolutely right. We should ban guns.

After all, it worked so well for alcohol and marijuana.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
You're absolutely right. We should ban guns.

After all, it worked so well for alcohol and marijuana.

I don't exactly sit around with my friends after a hard day and shoot our pistols through the ceiling. I've never liked this comparison because there is no good argument that they are equivalent things. America would be fine with a lot fewer guns and especially the particular kinds of semi-automatic weapons that are enabling this.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I don't exactly sit around with my friends after a hard day and shoot our pistols through the ceiling. I've never liked this comparison because there is no good argument that they are equivalent things. America would be fine with a lot fewer guns and especially the particular kinds of semi-automatic weapons that are enabling this.

Alcohol kills far more people (tens of thousands, nearly 3x as man) every year than guns, and no one cares. Just sayin

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Alcohol kills far more people (tens of thousands, nearly 3x as man) every year than guns, and no one cares. Just sayin

I'm not stopping you from making a thread about mass alcohol murders (attempted or otherwise).

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I'm not stopping you from making a thread about mass alcohol murders (attempted or otherwise).

Alcohol is a hard one to get a real impact to society on. Think of how many fights, domestic abuse situations, stupid decisions are made due to alcohol. I know of at least one person that used to post on these forums that was run down and killed by a drunk driver, not sure if I know of anyone that has been shot. But, the CDC says alcohol kills some 88,000 per year. Guns kill less than half that, and most of those are suicides. I know Democrats just want to save lives... so which one is running on a platform of further limited the 21A, seeing as the right to alcohol kills far more people than guns? They all have anti-2A platforms, because, saving lives, yo (not a political agenda, totally about saving lives). So what are they doing about the 21A? (Hint: NOTHING)

Reactions: senseamp

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Alcohol is a hard one to get a real impact to society on. Think of how many fights, domestic abuse situations, stupid decisions are made due to alcohol. I know of at least one person that used to post on these forums that was run down and killed by a drunk driver, not sure if I know of anyone that has been shot. But, the CDC says alcohol kills some 88,000 per year. Guns kill less than half that, and most of those are suicides. I know Democrats just want to save lives... so which one is running on a platform of further limited the 21A, seeing as the right to alcohol kills far more people than guns? They all have anti-2A platforms, because, saving lives, yo (not a political agenda, totally about saving lives). So what are they doing about the 21A? (Hint: NOTHING)

What do you think we should do about the 21st amendment, be specific.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
What do you think we should do about the 21st amendment, be specific.

Clearly we need background checks. How do we know if someone that is buying that assault 100 proof booze, that they don't have prior DWI's, prior accidents or domestic abuse incidents related to alcohol..? Also, we need to limit the strength of alcohol and how much alcohol a container can hold. Maximum amount allowed should be somewhere around a half pint limited to nothing more than 60 proof. Clearly a sin tax needs to be put in place too, a 50% tax penalty. No homemade unserialized manufacturing of alcohol. Perhaps a national database of people that buy alcohol and a license that shows people have gone through alcohol training and are equipped with the know how to enjoy their alcohol responsibly. Every car needs to be equipped with a breathalyzer start mechanism from the factory that cannot be bypassed. Also, if a neighbor calls and complains, the cops can show up and take away someone's alcohol.

Think I accurately applied the liberal logic to alcohol that you use on firearms. Seeing as alcohol kills many more people than guns, I assume we'll see Democrat politicians rolling out the above policy any day now, because they want to save lives... it isn't a political agenda, they just want to save lives.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
He’s only interested in it as a rhetorical shield.

I wasn't expecting anything other than some reply that tried to rationalize a direct comparison between alcohol and guns. Exactly as he did. For gun nutters, there's no grey area.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Do you care about saving lives or do you care only for limiting gun rights?

The answer doesn't actually matter to you. Keep in mind, over population is the real problem, as you've stated. Saving lives could only antagonize that problem, so thoughts and prayers bro. You've already shown your hand, oops

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Clearly we need background checks. How do we know if someone that is buying that assault 100 proof booze, that they don't have prior DWI's, prior accidents or domestic abuse incidents related to alcohol..? Also, we need to limit the strength of alcohol and how much alcohol a container can hold. Maximum amount allowed should be somewhere around a half pint limited to nothing more than 60 proof. Clearly a sin tax needs to be put in place too, a 50% tax penalty. No homemade unserialized manufacturing of alcohol. Perhaps a national database of people that buy alcohol and a license that shows people have gone through alcohol training and are equipped with the know how to enjoy their alcohol responsibly. Every car needs to be equipped with a breathalyzer start mechanism from the factory that cannot be bypassed. Also, if a neighbor calls and complains, the cops can show up and take away someone's alcohol.

Think I accurately applied the liberal logic to alcohol that you use on firearms. Seeing as alcohol kills many more people than guns, I assume we'll see Democrat politicians rolling out the above policy any day now, because they want to save lives... it isn't a political agenda, they just want to save lives.
You can't directly kill others with your drinking.