Mob beats 2 ex-marines who were rescuing girl.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mooseracing

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2006
Originally posted by: sjwaste
Good thing gun control is alive and well in that city. Can't have some marines concealing weapons, now can we?

not to mention the law like in DC where you can have your gun loaded unless there is an immediate threat.

Wait don't hit me with that bat, let me put a bullet in my gun first.

JoLLyRoGer

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2000
Originally posted by: MadRat
Yeah, hate crimes are for punishing white people. Everyone knows that.

So it's like that huh? Blackie's Big Revenge is it? "Hate crimes are for punishing white people..." Phuleeze!!!! Everyone knows the White Man runs this Mother F**ker, so stop tryin to push this race shit.

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: child of wonder
Feeble cowards who only fight when they're backed up by legions of their friends should be put to death.

Don't you mean more like people who want to win a fight? I mean, sure its "cowardly" to gang up on people and outnumber them, but that's how you fight. You outnumber the enemy to get an advantage.

And I doubt this is a hate crime. They most likely didn't attack BECAUSE they were white. They attacked because they were intervening, and in the process of stopping the marines, they started saying racist things, which happens in many conflicts over people of different races.

May 16, 2000
Against those odds you need to clear leather and drop 10. Yeah, the rest may kill you, but more likely they'll turn and run when their buddies start growing exit wounds. There's no question that against that kind of opposition your life is in danger. I'd sure as hell never convict someone for it.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
Originally posted by: tenshodo13
Feeble cowards who only fight when they're backed up by legions of their friends should be put to death.

Don't you mean more like people who want to win a fight? I mean, sure its "cowardly" to gang up on people and outnumber them, but that's how you fight. You outnumber the enemy to get an advantage.

If they're not able to fight on their own then they shouldn't start trouble.

Get one of these "tough guys" alone and they're suddenly not so dangerous.

Pack animal mentality and they should be put down like animals.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: tenshodo13

If they're not able to fight on their own then they shouldn't start trouble.

Get one of these "tough guys" alone and they're suddenly not so dangerous.

Pack animal mentality and they should be put down like animals.

Well said!

These thugs better pray that those two marines are not connected to the NY Russian mob. :)

Sacrilege

Sep 6, 2007
Originally posted by: JoLLyRoGer

So it's like that huh? Blackie's Big Revenge is it? "Hate crimes are for punishing white people..." Phuleeze!!!! Everyone knows the White Man runs this Mother F**ker, so stop tryin to push this race shit.

So you're a racist.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Unless hate crimes are appropriately prosecuted against racists of all colors, blacks will forever be a special needs underclass.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
I don't think this was a hate crime. These people were criminals through and through but I don't think they chose the white girl because she was white. They probably chose her because she was available.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Re-god-damned-diculous. I'm not a huge fan of vigilantism, but I wouldn't mind seeing the russian mob step in.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: Darwin333
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Sucks, but good for them for stepping into a situation 99% of people wouldn't have dreamed of touching.

Thats a marine for ya. The mob was lucky they didn't have just a few more of their buddies with them.

Not much they can do without their weapon. Marines may be trained killers but they aren't supermen. Jumping into a gang of 30 isn't the smartest thing to do. It's better to let the cops handle those thugs.

I don't know any marine who would not intervene in that situation. It could have been 100 vs 2 and they still would have helped that little girl. If they would have had another 3 or 4 of their fellow marines with them I bet the fight would have went the other way. Even with the odds they still succeeded, the girl got away from the thugs.

And a marine IS a weapon. Their rifle just helps.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: thraashman
I've never much liked marines. Most marines I've met have proven to me within a matter of minutes that they're total assholes. As a result I've started to have a general dislike for marines..... Nice to see a couple of guys put some doubts about my way of thinking back into my mind. I do hate when people pay a price for doing the right thing.

I'll add another one to put your doubts to rest. My neighbor is a former marine and he's the best neighbor a person could ask for.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Robor
I've never much liked marines. Most marines I've met have proven to me within a matter of minutes that they're total assholes. As a result I've started to have a general dislike for marines..... Nice to see a couple of guys put some doubts about my way of thinking back into my mind. I do hate when people pay a price for doing the right thing.

I'll add another one to put your doubts to rest. My neighbor is a former marine and he's the best neighbor a person could ask for.

He's a multi-billionaire who likes you and therefor gives you anything you want? :D

Oh, and to be the best neighbour possible it would have to be an extremely sexy bi-sexual female neighbour with hot girlfriends who all like you ;)

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Skyclad1uhm1
Originally posted by: Robor

He's a multi-billionaire who likes you and therefor gives you anything you want? :D

Oh, and to be the best neighbour possible it would have to be an extremely sexy bi-sexual female neighbour with hot girlfriends who all like you ;)

Hehe... I'm happily married so no need for the outside action. :)

Let me clarify... We watch each others condos/pets when one of us is gone. My A/C went out a few years back and he hooked me up with a friend of his in the business who got me a good deal. Last month he loaned me his father-in-laws pressure washer. A few weeks ago he brought over some awesome baby back ribs.

He's not a big fan of my 'Obama 08' sticker on my car but I never said he's perfect. ;)

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: mooseracing
Good thing gun control is alive and well in that city. Can't have some marines concealing weapons, now can we?

not to mention the former law like in DC where you can have your gun loaded unless there is an immediate threat.

Fixed. It was struck down as unconstitutional

deathstorm78

Oct 1, 2007
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Sucks, but good for them for stepping into a situation 99% of people wouldn't have dreamed of touching.

Thats a marine for ya. The mob was lucky they didn't have just a few more of their buddies with them.

Not much they can do without their weapon. Marines may be trained killers but they aren't supermen. Jumping into a gang of 30 isn't the smartest thing to do. It's better to let the cops handle those thugs.

I don't know any marine who would not intervene in that situation. It could have been 100 vs 2 and they still would have helped that little girl. If they would have had another 3 or 4 of their fellow marines with them I bet the fight would have went the other way. Even with the odds they still succeeded, the girl got away from the thugs.

And a marine IS a weapon. Their rifle just helps.

Like I said earlier, I would most likely have stepped in because it would be the right thing to do, but it's hard to say. Some people fold under the pressure of a life threatening situation.

I've never really been in that situation, but I've been trained for it. You can only hope when the moment comes that your training and knowing what's right prevails.

Another FYI, most Marines are proficient in hand to hand combat and weapons of opportunity. It's not the rifle that makes a Marine deadly, it's the Marine that makes the rifle deadly. It's all the training. We train how we fight, and we fight how we train.

yuppiejr

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002

But that would mean a lot of dead leftists in this forum...

Morning comrades! :)

yuppiejr

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Sacrilege
Originally posted by: JoLLyRoGer

So you're a racist.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Unless hate crimes are appropriately prosecuted against racists of all colors, blacks will forever be a special needs underclass.

If this had been two black marines stepping in to help a black girl being assaulted by 30 or so eastern-eurpoean immigrants we'd be seeing this on CNN for days. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be setting up rallys and there'd probably be all out riots and looting...

The reason the race issue is important here is because this is a SHINING example of the hypocrisy and idiocy of "hate crime" laws.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: thepd7

not to mention the former law like in DC where you can have your gun loaded unless there is an immediate threat.

No, even the "revisions" state that you can only store the gun loaded if you have a "reasonable fear for your immediate safety". It's not technically a ban, but its worded so vaguely that it still represents a legal risk to store the gun loaded all the time. Another suit has been filed in response to this.

ZV

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
Originally posted by: thepd7

No, even the "revisions" state that you can only store the gun loaded if you have a "reasonable fear for your immediate safety". It's not technically a ban, but its worded so vaguely that it still represents a legal risk to store the gun loaded all the time. Another suit has been filed in response to this.

ZV

Anyone can prove a "reasonable fear for your immediate safety" but the lawyers will have this handled soon too.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt

I sure as hell wouldn't be willing to enter unarmed combat with a Marine.

And how long would it have taken for the police to show up? Is it really better to just sit there and do nothing and then, when the police show up 20 minutes later and the mob has moved on, give a witness report and help identify the girl's body? Just let the girl get assaulted, potentially raped? You've got to be kidding.

ZV

There are countless ways to handle that situation. Diversion, aggression, talking, calling from a distance, ...etc. I don't know the best way but simply walking into the crowd wasn't the smartest thing.

And I doubt that unarmed combat with a marine is a death sentence, as you imply. The vast majority of the time they are trained with their weapon. No weapon means an exposed marine.

Your right dari spoken like somebody who would have stood there acting all hel;pless and peeing your pants if you had to help....let the cops do their job...rofl@Dari.....

I can see it alal now....Damn she looks like she is dead...the cops didn`t arrive soon enough..lol