MO GOP Finds Voting Registration Drives "Disgusting".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
http://www.motherjones.com/politics...voter-registration-drives-ferguson-disgusting

Executive Director of Missouri's Republican Party, Matt Wills:
"If that's not fanning the political flames, I don’t know what is," Wills said. "I think it's not only disgusting but completely inappropriate…Injecting race into this conversation and into this tragedy, not only is not helpful, but it doesn't help a continued conversation of justice and peace."

I don't think this is disgusting at all,.. and nether does Wills' fellow GOPer, Republican state Sen. Ryan Silvey of Kansas City:
"I have no problem w/ protesters, or anyone, getting registered to vote. How do we keep our gov't accountable if not by ballot?"

Later, via Tweet, Sively posted:
Ok, I'm sorry to come back to this again, but the "outrage" over voter registration in #Ferguson is dumb. I'd rather they vote than riot.

And, here is the Breit Bart link, for those allergic to Mother Jones; http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...l-Brown-Voting-Registration-Booths-Disgusting

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
You might want to note in your title where this is taking place.

Finding it disgusting to exploit a riot for its political utility? I don't wholly disagree with that.

Last edited:

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
- sensationalism found - thanks bud, your kind always deliver, in spades no less.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You might want to note in your title where this is taking place.

Finding it disgusting to exploit a riot for its political utility? I don't wholly disagree with that.

Why is it gross? The people in the town are clearly super pissed off about what is going on there. Seems like voting would be a good way to change that. There was no push to register for any particular political party.

In fact, it seems like having people channel their anger through the voting process is about the best outcome we could possibly hope for here.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Why is it gross? The people in the town are clearly super pissed off about what is going on there. Seems like voting would be a good way to change that. There was no push to register for any particular political party.

In fact, it seems like having people channel their anger through the voting process is about the best outcome we could possibly hope for here.

Bolded - in total agreement.

I am not sure why anyone would deter or try to admonish the right to vote.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
This actually sounds like absolute brilliance. People are upset, let them channel it into something good instead of something destructive. It's like the exact opposite of how the Tea Party formed.

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
In a democracy, more people voting is a good thing.....

/GOP on

unless they are the wrong people voting...

/GOP off

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Dems - channeling anger through voting
GOP - channeling anger through guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.