Mmmmmmm, $1 for 6 piece Chicken McNuggets.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Dezign
I just went and bought 5.

Gave 2 to the guys in the company mail room, because they work hard and let me ship things for free. :p

Giving 1 to the tech guy because he's nice.

Eating 2 myself. Note to self: Work out tonight. :D
Ship some to me? :)

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: newbiepcuser
My sister's co-worker who has allergic reaction to large quanity of chicken was munching on nuggest. My sister ask him why he was eating nuggets from McD's. He said it was okay, most of it wasn't real chicken but fish, beef by prouducts, soy etc.. He requested at McDonald's resturant for the ingredients of nuggets, and he read the whole list.

From a CBS news article-->nuggets exposed

Chicken McNuggets contain beef additives, while McDonalds French fries derive some of their flavor from "animal products."

They are still tasty though, but not for big boys like me anymore.
Ewww.....

I am never eating them again. :Q Wendy's nuggets are better anyway.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
From the McDonalds website: Chicken McNuggets Ingredients: Chicken, water, salt, modified corn starch, sodium phosphates, chicken broth powder [chicken broth, salt, and natural flavoring (chicken source)], seasoning (vegetable oil, extracts of rosemary, mono, di- and triglycerides, lecithin). Battered and breaded with water, enriched bleached wheat flour (niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, bleached wheat flour, modified corn starch, salt, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, dried whey, corn starch. Batter set in vegetable shortening. Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils, (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil). TBHQ and citric acid added to help preserve freshness. Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an anti-foaming agent.

I don't see Beef or Fish anywhere in there. Certainly not 'good' for you, but, I think there's some mis-information out there.

From the Wendy's WebSite, Their chicken nuggets: Chicken Breast With Rib Meat, Water, Corn Starch Modified, Sodium Phosphates, Salt, Whey Protein Concentrate. Breaded with: Wheat Flour, Water, Bleached Wheat Flour, Corn Starch Modified, Salt, Spices, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate), Buttermilk Powder, Dextrose, Soybean Oil, Yellow Corn Flour, Citric Acid (flavor protector), Garlic, Yeast, Xanthan Gum (thickener). Cooked in: Hydrogenated Corn and Soybean Oil.

EpsiIon

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2000

Gave 2 to the guys in the company mail room, because they work hard and let me ship things for free. :p

Back in the day, when I worked at McDonald's, we had $.99 6 piece chicken nuggets all the time. But that didn't stop people from ordering the 20-piece for almost $5...

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: EpsiIon

Back in the day, when I worked at McDonald's, we had $.99 6 piece chicken nuggets all the time. But that didn't stop people from ordering the 20-piece for almost $5...

when I worked there, we had a 2 nine pieces for 3 and people still ordered the 20 piece for 4.50. One person said that they wanted 20 nuggets not 18. I rang it up as 3 9's and said thank you for lunch :D

Vortex22

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2000
Wendys has the best nuggets, but McD's is pretty good.
6 for $1 is a good deal though!

Eli

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MisterPresident
My favorite fast food eat for $1 or less is the Famous Star from Carl's Jr. It's HUGE!
I love Carl's Jr.

I usually get a Double Western when I go there.

Underground727

May 23, 2003
What?!?!? 6 now instead of 5!

Wendy's is far superior when it comes to chicken nuggets anyways.

But if I am going to have chicken nuggets, I'm going to have them be fire! Chick-Fil-A = best chicken nuggets by far.

Marauder-

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 1999
Is it just me or is just totally not worth saving $5 to have to deal w/ getting MCD Chicken Nuggets out of my system for the next day or two.

:disgust:

CTrain

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
Since you guys like to talk about McDonalds so much and I run a McDonalds, I can provide all kind of inside information.
The Nugguts cost about $.07 a piece so a 6 piece cost $.42.
You would think since McDonalds makes $.58 selling them for $1 we would be making money but a restaurant can't make any money with 42% food cost.
To make any money food cost has to be around 25% which is why its hard to see any of these fast food making money selling $1 stuff.

As for the nuggets, who cares whats in them , they taste good and thats all that matter.
Its not like you guys go to McDoanlds looking for nutritional values.
Its not 100% white meat thats all, its not like its going to harm you. Wendy's aren't 100% white meat either.

People are pretty stupid when they're hungry and just want some food.
Like when we had the double cheese for $1 and the cheeseburger was $1.09.
They could just order the double cheese with 1 piece of meat and its cheaper.
Or when we had the Big N Tasty for $1. Just order it with 2 slices of cheese and its $1.60 instead of ordering the Quarter Cheese for $2.29 and the B N Tasty comes with tomatoe which is extra.

Eli

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CTrain
Since you guys like to talk about McDonalds so much and I run a McDonalds, I can provide all kind of inside information.
The Nugguts cost about $.07 a piece so a 6 piece cost $.42.
You would think since McDonalds makes $.58 selling them for $1 we would be making money but a restaurant can't make any money with 42% food cost.
To make any money food cost has to be around 25% which is why its hard to see any of these fast food making money selling $1 stuff.

As for the nuggets, who cares whats in them , they taste good and thats all that matter.
Its not like you guys go to McDoanlds looking for nutritional values.
Its not 100% white meat thats all, its not like its going to harm you. Wendy's aren't 100% white meat either.

People are pretty stupid when they're hungry and just want some food.
Like when we had the double cheese for $1 and the cheeseburger was $1.09.
They could just order the double cheese with 1 piece of meat and its cheaper.
Or when we had the Big N Tasty for $1. Just order it with 2 slices of cheese and its $1.60 instead of ordering the Quarter Cheese for $2.29 and the B N Tasty comes with tomatoe which is extra.

That's crazy.

freebee

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2000
Well, Mcdonalds never makes any money off me. I take enough napkins and little packets of ketchup over the course of 1 hour that i usually fill up my backpack.... Plus sometimes i'll go multiple times through the drive thru telling them they forgot certain parts of my order when they actually did put it in.

And i also take coins from te needy children box.

Underground727

May 23, 2003
Originally posted by: freebee
Well, Mcdonalds never makes any money off me. I take enough napkins and little packets of ketchup over the course of 1 hour that i usually fill up my backpack.... Plus sometimes i'll go multiple times through the drive thru telling them they forgot certain parts of my order when they actually did put it in.

You bastard!

You know the instantly-double-any-order trick, right?

CTrain

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001

I hope thats sarcasm coming out of you because thats just pathetic.
Its this type of behavior that pisses me off and I get into fight all the times.(You know the kinds that ask for water cups and get soda.)
I can tell the people thats lying theie @sses off trying to get free food but you know, what goes around, comes around.

Marauder-

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: Underground727

You bastard!

You know the instantly-double-any-order trick, right?

Can you use a coupon and PM that?