MLB.TV Any way you can watch local market games?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by shurato, Jun 29, 2005.

1. shurato

shurato Platinum Member

I don't have cable TV. Is there anyway I can watch the local team on MLB.TV using some kind of proxy or something? I think they black out the local games right due to cable TV rights?

2. Ranger X

Ranger X Lifer

I know MLB.TV has blackout games but I'm not sure if they're based on the region that you're watching from. I got the impression that you can watch any game that you wanted.

3. shurato

shurato Platinum Member

Oh, I assumed when they said like you can watch 97% or something of available games, that 3% accounted for local home games or something. I guess I should just email them and ask.
    Since I posted this anyway, can anyone attest to the quality of the service? I don't need HD quality... terrestrial antennae quality is fine.

4. NakaNaka

NakaNaka Diamond Member

MLB.TV is pretty good for following your team if you don't live in the market. It is not for following your team if you don't have cable. You won't be able to see the games. They track your IP address to find out where you are when you login. Your best bet? Get yourself cable :) - Or listen to the radio.

5. shurato

shurato Platinum Member

That's why I'm asking if there is a way because I thought I read somewhere there was some way to get it to work by going through some kind of proxy or something. I moved in with a friend in her house only to realize it was a mistake and I was living with one of the cheapest people I've ever met in my life. I'm not about to pay for cable TV myself with 2 others living there who don't want to pay for it. I rather just move out so so no, I cannot get cable until I move out. So that isn't an option. Radio might be my only option then I guess unless someone knows a way with MLB.TV.

6. NakaNaka

NakaNaka Diamond Member