MLB investigating umpire's threatening tweet regarding Trump impeachment hearings

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Wow, an MLB umpire that's a rabid trumphumper.
Rob Drakes gonna buy an AR-15 and get ready for Civil War 2.0

The tweet was deleted shortly after it was posted, according to the report, and read “I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow,
because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL WAR!!! MAGA2020"

He also tweeted about "how can they have an inquiry in a basement without a vote"? You can see how hard it is to convey truths
to these people when they are just flailing away with their lack knowledge.

I wonder how the commissioners office will handle this one.
Effing ignoramus.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
But don't you see what a great American he is? He is taking up arms to defend the good. How is he supposed to know he doesn't know anything? He can feel it in his gut.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Isn't this what the 2A is for? I mean, if you listen to the rhetoric from the right (no point in using alt right anymore, they own the) then impeachment is entirely unconstitutional and a coup. Isn't take up arms the only next rational step? This guy is just logically following his leaders. Is it his fault he's too dumb to realize they're intellectually dishonest and immoral liars?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

The tweet was deleted shortly after it was posted, according to the report, and read “I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow,
because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL WAR!!! MAGA2020"

He also tweeted about "how can they have an inquiry in a basement without a vote"? You can see how hard it is to convey truths

Effing ignoramus.
I can answer his question. Because Republicans set up those rules in 2015

Nov 8, 2012
MLB Umpire is an angry white boomer? SHIT I couldn't ever tell that by the obvious stereotypical picture of an ump.

Umpires and Referees need to go bye-bye. They were never intended to be game decision makers.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
MLB Umpire is an angry white boomer? SHIT I couldn't ever tell that by the obvious stereotypical picture of an ump.

Umpires and Referees need to go bye-bye. They were never intended to be game decision makers.

Why get rid of umpires and referees? Honestly I would prefer to get rid of all replay and computer assisted stuff instead.

Umpires and refs can make decisions instantly on a wide range of possible in-game situations and it's far more important in my opinion to keep the game moving than to get every call right because sports are supposed to be entertainment and litigating a replay is not entertaining.

Feb 4, 2009

Effing ignoramus.

So what does this guy plan to do if/when Trump is removed from office?
What is the plan, will he become a sniper and shoot at his neighbors? Will he start fires in his neighborhood? Will he shoot at Police who may be sons, daughters or spouse of people he knows?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Who knew that the 2a could be used to support a dictator who believes themselves to be above the law just as easily as a constitutional republic?

This is why we need the entire Constitution to protect our freedom, and not just one amendment.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
But don't you see what a great American he is? He is taking up arms to defend the good. How is he supposed to know he doesn't know anything? He can feel it in his gut.
He's clearly hyped on the 2nd Amendment. Maybe he can call balls and strikes.

Edit: I figured there had to be a thread on this already, but I searched for "civil" in the first 5 pages of threads in this forum and couldn't come up with anything, so I posted what I thought was (at least maybe) an original thread on this story.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Why get rid of umpires and referees? Honestly I would prefer to get rid of all replay and computer assisted stuff instead.

Umpires and refs can make decisions instantly on a wide range of possible in-game situations and it's far more important in my opinion to keep the game moving than to get every call right because sports are supposed to be entertainment and litigating a replay is not entertaining.
Aah, the solution is NOT to eliminate replay and computer assisted game decisions if you find them a dispensable annoyance. Simply timeshift your viewing. Of course, you can't do that if you attend the game. Myself, I almost never attend sporting events. But I do like to watch a lot of them on high def big screen TV... but ONLY with the assistance of DVR (REW/PAUSE/FF FTW). The game is often halted while the refs put on headphones and stare at screens, they go to commercial and I press a button or two a few times, FF to the decision and the game continues.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Here is how Civil War 2.0 going to go if Democrats impeach Trump:
Republican states: We secede!
Democrat states: OK, whatevs, don't let the door hit you.
Republican states: Just realized we are net leaches and you are net donors, can we please still keep our handouts?
Democrat states: No.
Republican states: Dang it.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Makes me wonder how many other trigger happy low info nutjob Trump supporters are out there waiting for the secret dog whistle call to go out over the CB radio net in order to save Trump from himself.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
“I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow,

I have heard this language before. "You can't take away MY MEDICINE" referring to opioids.

Dec 10, 2005
Who knew that the 2a could be used to support a dictator who believes themselves to be above the law just as easily as a constitutional republic?

This is why we need the entire Constitution to protect our freedom, and not just one amendment.
In a way, the blind adherence to the 2a shows how deranged and delusional people are. The moment a group turns to violence to defend their view of the Constitution is the moment the Constitution no longer matters.

Reactions: Vic