Mitt Romney is beneath the office of Presidency

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
I'm sorry I just have to say this.

Look ALL politicians are dishonest to a degree about what they promise and what they think they can achieve. We've been conditioned to accept some amount of that, even if it's bullshit. But never in my life time have I seen a man so devoid of principles run for so high an office. There is simply no position he won't flip flop on. Even worse, he does not care about lying. He will sit there and lie repeatedly with a straight face.

That has to scare you. This man is simply beneath the office of Presidency. America needs to not just reject him, they need to send a message to both parties that no such candidate will ever be acceptable from either side.

Jan 25, 2011
Ooh ooh what's the over/under on the next response after mine being "Obama is beneath the office of the presidency"?

This thread can do nothing but win.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Remember, what conservatards really want in office is someone who will repeal all laws against predatory business practices and who will place the country under tyrannical Christian theocratic law. There's really no "beneath" their President.

Last edited:

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Four years of Obama has been worse than eight years of Bush.

Yes, because Obama started 2 wars and bankrupted the country. Oh wait, no, he took over a steaming pile of shit from Bush.

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Ah, I see the tired old excuse of "it's Bush's fault" is still being used by the libs to give Obama a pass. Bravo, you only have a few more months to use it, so you need to use it as much as you can now...

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Ah, I see the tired old excuse of "it's Bush's fault" is still being used by the libs to give Obama a pass. Bravo, you only have a few more months to use it, so you need to use it as much as you can now...

Look who brought up bush. We didn't. If you think obama is worse than bush, then you are fucking retarded. Obama did not start 2 wars that cost trillions of dollars. He did not oversee the collapse of the US economy. You fucking imbecile.

Feb 10, 2000

Are you implying that Romney will win, or just saying that excuse won't apply in Obama's second term?

As to the topic at hand, I actually don't think Romney is a bad human being, nor would I say he is beneath the office. I just think he's a terrible politician - he doesn't seem to know how to act or what to say. He is, without much question, however, willing to say anything and everything to please everyone, and so it's very hard to pin down what, if anything, he actually believes. I literally cannot recall a more shamelessly whorish politician on the national stage, ever. I think he is a decent person, and I think he is politically fairly centrist, but it's hard to have much confidence in anything he says. Because I basically think he's a reasonable and smart person, I would not be horrified if he were elected.

All of that said, I don't believe he will win, and when the dust settles I don't think this will be a particularly close election. I literally don't know one person who is enthusiastic about Romney, and most of my office consists of Republicans, including the most conservative member of our state House of Representatives. We are 2 1/2 months from the election, and not only have I not seen a Romney bumper sticker, I don't even know what one looks like. It's remarkable how much he has in common with John Kerry (though in fairness to Kerry, I think he at least has the courage of his convictions, something Romney abandoned long ago), and I expect this election to be similar to 2004, albeit probably not nearly as close.

Last edited:

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Romney is the sacrificial lamb for the right in this election. They knew they had no chance of winning because, despite their repeated attempts to stall the POTUS he has just kept rolling on doing one good thing after another. Considering Bush's presidency ended almost as pathetically as Nixon's I believe the right needed a universal nice guy to take one for the team and served up Romney in order to test the waters for the next actual election in 2016.

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000

Look ALL politicians are dishonest to a degree about what they promise and what they think they can achieve. We've been conditioned to accept some amount of that, even if it's bullshit. But never in my life time have I seen a man so devoid of principles run for so high an office. There is simply no position he won't flip flop on. Even worse, he does not care about lying. He will sit there and lie repeatedly with a straight face.

That has to scare you. This man is simply beneath the office of Presidency. America needs to not just reject him, they need to send a message to both parties that no such candidate will ever be acceptable from either side.

Same can be said about Obama, in fact your narrative fits him to a T.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
The fact that you are so devoid of reality that you think Obama is in anyway near Romney when it comes flipping on principles really highlights how fucked this country is. You have to be a fucking moron of epic proportions to even type that out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_pgfWK3sxw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Welcome to the new "right", aka over the cliff. I mean these people are mental. If Wayne and Garth talked to one of them they would call them psycho hose beasts. It's massively pathetic.

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

Sweet jesus it is like you were born yesterday. Where were you in 08, 04, 00, or before?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

After Clinton I've come to accept that there is no dignity in the USA. I expect whoever holds the office of President to sell favors, give high level appointment's to friends relatives and high bidders, and use the office to get laid.
Obama gets bonus points for not having been caught with a crack whore in the oval office. Beyond that, he's the same guy as Romney.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
I literally cannot recall a more shamelessly whorish politician on the national stage, ever. I think he is a decent person, and I think he is politically fairly centrist, but it's hard to have much confidence in anything he says. Because I basically think he's a reasonable and smart person, I would not be horrified if he were elected.

Isn't being honest part of being decent? I mean, he's obviously a family man, but what else is there about him that implies decency, especially given his obvious lack of convictions or honesty?

I literally don't know one person who is enthusiastic about Romney, and most of my office consists of Republicans, including the most conservative member of our state House of Representatives. We are 2 1/2 months from the election, and not only have I not seen a Romney bumper sticker, I don't even know what one looks like.

Romney's campaign is entirely about voting against Obama. (Except for Mormons and a few others, I guess.) This is part of what the Ryan pick was about.

But in the end, it's the top of the ticket that really matters.

It's remarkable how much he has in common with John Kerry (though in fairness to Kerry, I think he at least has the courage of his convictions, something Romney abandoned long ago), and I expect this election to be similar to 2004, albeit probably not nearly as close.

I've been saying that for months.. the whole election is shaping up as a repeat of 2004.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
After Clinton I've come to accept that there is no dignity in the USA. I expect whoever holds the office of President to sell favors, give high level appointment's to friends relatives and high bidders, and use the office to get laid.
Obama gets bonus points for not having been caught with a crack whore in the oval office. Beyond that, he's the same guy as Romney.

You didn't find Reagan explicitly breaking the law and authorizing the sale of weapons to America's enemies to be more egregious than Clinton getting a blowjob from a staffer?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
This false equivalency has to stop. Not even previous republican presidential candidates have flipped flopped on so many issues. Romney is an unprecedented candidate.

Watch this and tell me with a straight face that 'they're all the same'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_pgfWK3sxw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Your intellectual laziness is what's destroying this country.

Oh give me a break. We are really arguing about politicians pandering to voters as some new revelation?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Oh give me a break. We are really arguing about politicians pandering to voters as some new revelation?

Yes they all do. We EXPECT them to change SOME of their positions ONCE in a while. However, We DON'T expect them to change EVERY SINGLE ONE of their positions based on which direction the wind is blowing.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Yes they all do. We EXPECT them to change SOME of their positions ONCE in a while. However, We DON'T expect them to change EVERY SINGLE ONE of their positions based on which direction the wind is blowing.

Every politician "evolves" as Obama likes to say. To act like this is something new is faux rage. It is pandering for votes to win an election. I cant think of a politician that hasnt flipped flopped on major issues. Romney pulling a Kerry is a no brainer to me.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Yes, because Obama started 2 wars and bankrupted the country. Oh wait, no, he took over a steaming pile of shit from Bush.

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM

Obama said if he didn't turn it around in his first term then he deserved to be a one-term president.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Look who brought up bush. We didn't. If you think obama is worse than bush, then you are fucking retarded. Obama did not start 2 wars that cost trillions of dollars. He did not oversee the collapse of the US economy. You fucking imbecile.

Bush, despite starting 2 wars, didn't run trillion dollar deficits per year.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

Well considering that the first law that Obama signed into law, during the greatest economic crisis in 75 years, was to pander to women it really shouldn't be.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Bush, despite starting 2 wars, didn't run trillion dollar deficits per year.

You're wrong about that

http://home.adelphi.edu/sbloch/deficits.html

Every politician "evolves" as Obama likes to say. To act like this is something new is faux rage. It is pandering for votes to win an election. I cant think of a politician that hasnt flipped flopped on major issues. Romney pulling a Kerry is a no brainer to me.

Comparing Bush to John Kerry is simply dishonest, Kerry was nowhere NEAR as bad as Romney. Politicians can 'evolve'. But flipping on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YORU BELIEFS is quite unprecedented for a Presidential Candidate.