Mitch McConnell: making Election Day a federal holiday is a Democratic “power grab”

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
As I said Most, I didn't say all.
Until we have minimum national standards this will continue. Usually in minority districts. History has shown us you only need to suppress the vote in a few key areas of the country to effect the outcome.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Another dirty secret: most companies would rather give their employees more paid days off than pay raises.

Yep. My company just fired a bunch of people and now I inheireited my superior's responsibilities. If I don't get a solid raise and title change, I'm finding new employment

That's because a lot of the associated costs with employees is based on their payrate like workers comp, disability, payroll tax, employers part of social security, etc., so that dollar raise for example is alot more than a dollar for the employer.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Another dirty secret: most companies would rather give their employees more paid days off than pay raises.
I wish my employer figured that out. I asked for an extra week of vacation instead of an 8% raise and they said no way.