Mister Potato Head murders Mrs. Potato Head and then comes out of the closet.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I'm very much a fan of diversity and inclusion, but sometimes you can even take THAT a little too far.

I mean come on people, really?

MR. POTATO HEAD Don't Call Me Mister ...I'M GENDER-NEUTRAL NOW!!!

1614339016743.png

Mr. Potato Head is catching up with the times, he's now just Potato Head ... and it's all about getting rid of traditional gender norms.

Hasbro is dropping the "Mr." and rebranding its iconic spud toys this fall, giving children a blank canvas to create a potato family however they see fit.

The toy giant says it wants to move away from the nuclear family and give kids a chance to go with what feels natural to them ... build whatever kinda potato fam ya want, and those spuds can wear whatever they want.

1614339088266.png

It's a huge shift for Hasbro ... the company launched the OG Mr. Potato Head way back in 1952, and followed it up the next year with a Mrs. Potato Head complete with her own set of accessories. Plus, it was only 8 years ago that Hasbro celebrated the original potato couple's 60th anniversary with a special box set.

Now, Hasbro says the new toy sets won't present kids with the same family structure you played with as a tyke.

1:44 PM PT -- Hasbro now says they will still sell individual Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head toys, but the brand name and logo are still ditching the "Mr."

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I'm very much a fan of diversity and inclusion, but sometimes you can even take THAT a little too far.

I mean come on people, really?

MR. POTATO HEAD Don't Call Me Mister ...I'M GENDER-NEUTRAL NOW!!!

View attachment 40286

Mr. Potato Head is catching up with the times, he's now just Potato Head ... and it's all about getting rid of traditional gender norms.

Hasbro is dropping the "Mr." and rebranding its iconic spud toys this fall, giving children a blank canvas to create a potato family however they see fit.

The toy giant says it wants to move away from the nuclear family and give kids a chance to go with what feels natural to them ... build whatever kinda potato fam ya want, and those spuds can wear whatever they want.

View attachment 40287

It's a huge shift for Hasbro ... the company launched the OG Mr. Potato Head way back in 1952, and followed it up the next year with a Mrs. Potato Head complete with her own set of accessories. Plus, it was only 8 years ago that Hasbro celebrated the original potato couple's 60th anniversary with a special box set.

Now, Hasbro says the new toy sets won't present kids with the same family structure you played with as a tyke.

1:44 PM PT -- Hasbro now says they will still sell individual Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head toys, but the brand name and logo are still ditching the "Mr."

You know, maybe? But I am struggling muster a strong opinion on it, its one of those things where it'll land where it lands and ill pick it up from there... the middle part you can all have to your selves :).

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Mr Potato Head is still named Mr Potato Head
Mrs Potato Head is still named Mrs Potato Head

LadyPearls.jpg

ManlyPearls.jpg

Conservatives should be happy because when Mrs. Potato, being a female, is being sold in a box that clearly says Mr Potato head then that implies Mrs. Potato head is doing that transgender thing.

Just keep pointing that out to the jackasses in your life.
"Hasbro changed the brand name because they didn't want Mrs. Potato head to be considered transgender"

Crisis Averted

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Conservatives should be happy because when Mrs. Potato, being a female, is being sold in a box that clearly says Mr Potato head then that implies Mrs. Potato head is doing that transgender thing.

"Hasbro changed the brand name because they didn't want Mrs. Potato head to be considered transgender"
???
It clearly says "Mrs" on the first box you posted.... right where the arrows are pointing.....
And then you go and claim otherwise???

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I see that this was a bit of an overreaction to them just renaming the toy line. Although, if Hasbro would want to go a gender neutral route, then it would probably be better to include all items in a single package instead of any sort of gender-aligned separation. In other words, if I want my mostly manly spud to have big ol' lips, then so be it! Of course, that ruins the whole aspect of toy makers trying to make you buy multiple things. :p

Reactions: Pohemi

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
As a straight male I don't feel threatened at all by this nor give two shits

I'm still more concerned about fascists trying to overthrow elections, income inequality, healthcare and a just criminal justice system. I dunno I guess I just don't have my priorities straight.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Mr Potato Head is still named Mr Potato Head
Mrs Potato Head is still named Mrs Potato Head

View attachment 40294

View attachment 40295

Crisis Averted
Why not Potato X.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
As a straight male I don't feel threatened at all by this nor give two shits

I'm still more concerned about fascists trying to overthrow elections, income inequality, healthcare and a just criminal justice system. I dunno I guess I just don't have my priorities straight.

Same here.
From a business standpoint, this just seems like a simplification of branding to save money with a PR hook attached to it for the media bump to help an old brand.
The people who buy this are typically friends of young parents and the box goes directly in the trash the day it's unwrapped.
I guess the demographic who is really concerned about this are Mr Potato head collectors? NOw they have to buy the new edition boxes so they can say their collection is complete?

Reactions: Zorba
Mar 11, 2004
Kids do this with their toys anyway.

I'm pretty sure I had Spider-Man and Wolverine have super gay sex while Magneto watched. And that was more hetero than the sex that happens in most Republican bedrooms where they're raping their daughters, or sheep, or the choir boy.

Honestly I'm not sure if they're angry because now they can't heat up a potato, put some lipstick on it and jam their dicks in it to make their favorite creamy mashed potatoes, or if its because they think of Mrs Potatohead when they skin potatoes wishing they could do that to the women they fantasize about.