mister cheapo goes shopping

urameatball

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2001
HOLY COW.

My dad, who I call Mister Cheapo, just went with me to go shopping today. He is the cheapest person I've ever known in my life and often times, he yells at me on my spendings. It's not that I spend a lot, but I just like the occasional monthly purchase of something nice for myself. And because of my behavior, my dad doesn't like going to the mall with me because he's afraid I'll just spend more money.

BUT TODAY, he told me to goto the mall with him and he ended up with a new high end lawn mower and a Sony WEGA 27" TV. It's not only that, he didn't even shop around for the cheapest price, he just saw it and said he wanted it!! CRAZY STUFF!!! The craziest part is, I told him I could probably get it cheaper from somewhere else (thank you HOT DEALS FORUM) and he said he's not willing to wait.

is it just me, or did my dad just go insane. turning for mister cheapo to mister "I'll take it".

anyway, the dealer at the sony store who was helping my dad had the LARGEST smile on his face after the purchase! (I wonder why)

urameatball

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2001
yah well, we're not exactly the wealthiest of families.

we would have been happy with a 20" trinitron, let alone a 27".

xraymongral

Banned
Nov 25, 2000
I bet he won some cash and just wanted to share with you the pleasure of not having to worry about prices for once in his life. Take pleasure that he is happy.:)