Missouri man points gun at woman over her liberal-leaning bumper stickers

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
So in short: you're a clueless retard like Trump voters who believes in whatever they're told not taking into consideration feasibility of policies oh and you vote for people based on "charisma" and not what they can do. You were probably stupid enough to also think a wall could be funded for free, tax cuts to the rich would solve those economic problems, the "fuck your feelings" crowd were lovely and accepting people and that a moron like Trump and his admin could "repeal and replace" the ACA.

Instead of blaming your own stupidity on others, consider for a moment that actual retards like this guy wanted a moron in office. As an independent you should take responsibility for believing the crap you just posted and for shitting your vote away.

Charisma does matter a bit. Especially when the race is as close as it was with Clinton v Trump. Not that, to my tastes, Trump has any charisma whatsoever, but charisma is clearly culturally-specific.

Thing is, I find it hard to believe that the "fuck your feelings" crowd made up the entirety of Trump voters. If those people make up 40% of the population, while the remaining 60% are clearly not in any sense at all a unified group (including, as they do, Wall Street bankers and Mark Zuckerberg and George Soros, and affluent professionals who are doing quite well economically, alongside minimum-wage, or no-wage, urban black people and union white people about to lose their jobs, or struggling to pay for health care, etc...)...then where is there any hope of fixing anything? Aren't you all doomed then?

If I were an American and I really believed that nearly half the population were represented by the deranged Trumpites with 'fuck your feelings;' shirts, I'd head for the Canadian border. Surely there have to be fault-lines in the Trump electoral base?

Reactions: Starbuck1975

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Trump won at optics? Please. He doesn't understand optics in the slightest, and continues to fail miserably in that regard.. His voters just don't care.
Clinton lost on optics. Trump exploited said optics because his voters don't care.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Also, looking at the 'most popular stories' sidebar in the OP's linked news page might make me want to leave anyway.

NEXT ARTICLE
Dad with tot in car killed after refusing to give carjackers keys
MOST POPULAR
Father commits suicide after son accidentally shoots himself
Michigan woman pulls gun on back-to-school shoppers at Walmart
Teen riding in cab shot after friends laugh at man in another car
Ohio State student's offensive video facing backlash
NYPD chief loses vacation after cop allegedly pulled gun on him
Half of 'kill for thrill' pair dies on death row in Pennsylvania

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
You seem pretty triggered here, I especially love how you had to make this fantasy scenario up to even attack me lol. Go back to doing what you do best: sucking your emperor's chode and pretending you're an independent
Not triggered at all. You were the one who misquoted me, so I felt the need to address your pathetic attempt at being clever. You've shown some glimpses of having something interesting to say. Once you mature past cocksucking and chode stroking, give me a shout.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Guy in the news article needs to have his gun licenses revoked, I think 5 years is good.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Oh look, another conservative Merican manly man! Brandishing a weapon to intimidate a female who doesn't think like he does. This is what Fox does to outrage addicts.

How dare someone think different than me, and be proud of it!

Asshole should be banned from both vehicles and guns, he's clearly too stupid to possess either.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
restrict the driving hours to work only.

Oblige him to commute by bicycle. That'll turn him into a liberal in no time, I'm sure. Bicycle-clips are basically symbols of communism if most conservatives are to be believed.

(Come to that, I'm amused by the bumper-sticker woman having a "climate voter" sticker on the back of what appears to be a huge gas-guzzling vehicle)

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
Waiving guns at people because you don't agree with their position is worthy of a lifetime revocation of gun permits. A person of such temperament is a threat to society and should not be allowed to carry.

It would be a felony in any other nation, not sure about the US though. A felony would bring about a lifetime revocation, wouldn't it?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
That is correct. There are red state conservatives whipped into a frenzy right now complements of Trump. I don't deny that, never have.

Lots of people are easily triggered or these forums wouldn't exist.

Living in a blue state, I don't encounter people like the guy with the gun. I do however encounter his liberal equivalent quite often.

Let's reverse the scenario. If I were to walk down the street in Cambridge or Berkeley or Los Angeles or Seattle wearing an article of clothing proudly declaring a conservative cause, I guarantee you that some easily triggered liberal, probably an intellectual like @greatnoob, would confront me. Only difference is that it would not escalate to someone brandishing a weapon.

I've also come to learn that people with a lot of bumper stickers have ALOT to say and tend to be easily triggered. Someone should do a study on the relationship between road rage incidents and lots of bumper stickers. I bet @greatnoob has a lot of bumper stickers.

But relative to this thread and society in general, conservatives are worst in such scenarios. The only reason I am in this thread to begin with is because @greatnoob thought he was being clever and felt the need to misquote me. All because some of you just can't handle someone playing devil's advocate or seeing the world from #bothsides.

im pretty sure these forums exist because computers and such.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
Charisma does matter a bit. Especially when the race is as close as it was with Clinton v Trump. Not that, to my tastes, Trump has any charisma whatsoever, but charisma is clearly culturally-specific.

Thing is, I find it hard to believe that the "fuck your feelings" crowd made up the entirety of Trump voters. If those people make up 40% of the population, while the remaining 60% are clearly not in any sense at all a unified group (including, as they do, Wall Street bankers and Mark Zuckerberg and George Soros, and affluent professionals who are doing quite well economically, alongside minimum-wage, or no-wage, urban black people and union white people about to lose their jobs, or struggling to pay for health care, etc...)...then where is there any hope of fixing anything? Aren't you all doomed then?

If I were an American and I really believed that nearly half the population were represented by the deranged Trumpites with 'fuck your feelings;' shirts, I'd head for the Canadian border. Surely there have to be fault-lines in the Trump electoral base?

As far as I can tell American elections are popularity contests and have more to do with fantasy about ideology than actual real world policies.

urvile

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2017
It would be a felony in any other nation, not sure about the US though. A felony would bring about a lifetime revocation, wouldn't it?

I am fairly sure that in australia he would be going to jail. Although there would be mitigating factors. The main one being is the gun illegal. People can still own semi automatic pistols and what not. You just cannot carry them around and brandish them in public. What the cops are really concerned about is escalation. If this guy is waving a gun around what's he going to do with it next time? Because he is clearly an unstable individual with some serious anger issues and the inability to process other peoples opinions. In a rational way.

Rather ironically it was the conservatives who banned high powered semi automatic rifles like the ar-15 which was used in the port arthur massacre. Of course we haven't had a mass shooting since and there could be some correlation there. That's OT isn't it? I am terribly sorry.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
I am fairly sure that in australia he would be going to jail. Although there would be mitigating factors. The main one being is the gun illegal. People can still own semi automatic pistols and what not. You just cannot carry them around and brandish them in public. What the cops are really concerned about is escalation. If this guy is waving a gun around what's he going to do with it next time? Because he is clearly an unstable individual with some serious anger issues and the inability to process other peoples opinions. In a rational way.

Rather ironically it was the conservatives who banned high powered semi automatic rifles like the ar-15 which was used in the port arthur massacre. Of course we haven't had a mass shooting since and there could be some correlation there. That's OT isn't it? I am terribly sorry.

Pretty sure he would be going to jail anywhere in the free world except the US. In the UK he'd be going to jail and I think we have very similar gun laws nowadays (after the amnesty).

In the US, brandishing a weapon is a crime too, I think.

On another note, apparently summer was cancelled in the UK this year so we're all going to Sydney... Well at least me and my wife are. ;)

Cardiff by the sea one fucking day of sunshine and the rest.... Damn near bought a house in Barcelona this year but according to my wife it's London, Quebec or Sydney.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
im pretty sure these forums exist because computers and such.

They have the internet on computers now?

(Hmmm, that ancient Simpsons line doesn't work quite as well as it did before the smartphone era)

urvile

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2017
Pretty sure he would be going to jail anywhere in the free world except the US. In the UK he'd be going to jail and I think we have very similar gun laws nowadays (after the amnesty).

In the US, brandishing a weapon is a crime too, I think.

On another note, apparently summer was cancelled in the UK this year so we're all going to Sydney... Well at least me and my wife are. ;)

Cardiff by the sea one fucking day of sunshine and the rest.... Damn near bought a house in Barcelona this year but according to my wife it's London, Quebec or Sydney.

Sydney is a good place to visit. I wouldn't want to live there though property prices are horrendous. I live about 2 hours drive south in a quaint little country town that is full of politicians. Lots and lots of politicians.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
Sydney is a good place to visit. I wouldn't want to live there though property prices are horrendous. I live about 2 hours drive south in a quaint little country town that is full of politicians. Lots and lots of politicians.

A town full of politicians? For what? Huntin'? ;)

I'm not to sold on Sydney, I'm not that much of a convenient guy either so if i can walk into town in a week I'm good. We've both been productive in life though so we have the money to actually do this, as long as it's not too far over central London prices, to be honest I haven't even looked into it yet.

My idea would be to travel a lot in Australia before deciding on where to live. My son has been living in Sydney for the past four years and my daughter is considering a job offer there, my wifes daughter has lived in Melbourne the last five years so we've spent some time in both Sydney and Melbourne.

urvile

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2017
A town full of politicians? For what? Huntin'? ;)

I'm not to sold on Sydney, I'm not that much of a convenient guy either so if i can walk into town in a week I'm good. We've both been productive in life though so we have the money to actually do this, as long as it's not too far over central London prices, to be honest I haven't even looked into it yet.

My idea would be to travel a lot in Australia before deciding on where to live. My son has been living in Sydney for the past four years and my daughter is considering a job offer there, my wifes daughter has lived in Melbourne the last five years so we've spent some time in both Sydney and Melbourne.

I live in canberra. The nations capital it floats about 2 feet off the ground due to all the hot air but if you want to work as a consultant/contractor it's the place to be. Melbourne is nice I lived there for years and I like it better than sydney. Perth is my favourite though it's smaller and it's a coastal city. Plus you can head down south for wineries, breweries etc. Or you can head up north for crocodiles and rain forests.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
I live in canberra. The nations capital it floats about 2 feet off the ground due to all the hot air but if you want to work as a consultant/contractor it's the place to be. Melbourne is nice I lived there for years and I like it better than sydney. Perth is my favourite though it's smaller and it's a coastal city. Plus you can head down south for wineries, breweries etc. Or you can head up north for crocodiles and rain forests.

I'm a molecular biologist and my wife is a theoretical physicist so if there is a University around, we'll do just fine... Actually, we'll do fine either way but I don't think we're quite done working yet, at least I'm not.

I like Canberra, I've held a lecture at the university village there once, back in the days where women were hairy down under... :D

Perth is on both our lists, that's where we met up in the first place.... ah as young lovers at the age of 40. :D

We'll see, one more winter here is what we had in mind and then after this Christmas well be going to Australia...

Reactions: urvile