Missouri Lawmaker Warns Whitey

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
PSA: Cairo IS in Africa:

http://geography.about.com/od/egyptmaps/a/cairo-geography.htm

You should have taken the money.

Fern

Pretty sure he said that he put it there because of that, but that he still didn't consider himself African. Which isn't that weird, one is using "African" as nationality - which people generally don't consider to be transferable to descendants claiming citizenship somewhere else - and the other is using "African-American" as race (or synonymous with black), which people do consider to be something you automatically inherit from your parents.

TreVader

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2013
Pretty sure he said that he put it there because of that, but that he still didn't consider himself African. Which isn't that weird, one is using "African" as nationality - which people generally don't consider to be transferable to descendants claiming citizenship somewhere else - and the other is using "African-American" as race (or synonymous with black), which people do consider to be something you automatically inherit from your parents.

Thank you!

I was just using it to describe ethnicity. I am ethnically Lebanese and German/British. I don't look african, not even close.

TreVader

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2013

They exist! I am surprised you found one, however I challenge you to find two in the same picture. That, I think, will be almost impossible. But, it would be very very very easy for white people.

If you find two (in the same picture, which shouldn't be hard considering they have rallies all over the place), I will admit I'm wrong about black people carrying assault rifles (i.e. it is so rare as to almost not exist).

edit: I'm searching now with GIS. It's like where's waldo!

Last edited:

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
They exist! I am surprised you found one, however I challenge you to find two in the same picture. That, I think, will be almost impossible. But, it would be very very very easy for white people.

Google: african american open carry. Or: black open carry. It was super easy.

edit: I'm searching now with GIS. It's like where's waldo!

What am I missing? How was this so hard for you?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Men far outnumber women in prison (including white men vs white women) -> misogyny
Nobody draws that conclusion from that premise because it would be retarded. It doesn't make any sense. So much for your attempt to paint a double standard.

Black people are heavily overrepresented among rape perpetrators -> racism against black people
Again, nobody says that. You are misunderstanding what people say, most likely because you hear what you want to hear in your quest to find examples of how you are equally oppressed.

Joepublic2

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2005
I guess she means she's going to get mad and loot/burn down her neighborhood? That's how these things usually seem to play out. Go right ahead, sweetie.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
Nobody draws that conclusion from that premise because it would be retarded. It doesn't make any sense. So much for your attempt to paint a double standard.

Again, nobody says that. You are misunderstanding what people say, most likely because you hear what you want to hear in your quest to find examples of how you are equally oppressed.

I guess you're on an authority on what nobody has ever said and if I claim otherwise I must be lying.

I have seen MANY people say that female privilege is never a thing and some have claimed it's not even possible. What people would normally consider to be a societal disadvantage to being a male is distorted to actually be misogyny. If this is applied generally then of course it has to apply to imprisonment rates. For example, women are kept out of prison because they're viewed as weak and less capable of handling it than men. Or they receive less harsh sentences because they're viewed as less in control of their behaviors, like animals. These are real arguments I've seen people make, to support a notion that every facet of society is structured against women.

As for the other side I gave, the justification for increased representation of black people among sexual offenders would be that institutional racism has forced them into a situation where they need to prove themselves with violence. Or maybe you could just assume that they're far more likely to be prosecuted for it because they're black.

Of course people are free to interpret things this way, as they are other ways. It just shows that it's not really that absolute or objective, or that a particular interpretation is not necessarily exhaustive.

And I've never said or implied anything about being equally oppressed with anyone. I don't feel oppressed at all, and I don't deny that some groups here generally have it a lot worse than others.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012

The odds are stacked against this because black people are much less common than white people to begin with (what is it, < 15% of the American population?) and because the open carry flouters are much more likely to be conservatives while black people are much less likely to be (for a variety of reasons)

TreVader

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2013
No apparently there are black people crazy enough to open carry in public. That said, the pictures are always of a bunch of black guys together, or one , alone in a sea of white people.

I can admit I was wrong.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
No apparently there are black people crazy enough to open carry in public. That said, the pictures are always of a bunch of black guys together, or one , alone in a sea of white people.

I can admit I was wrong.

Of course there are going to be some.. you didn't actually believe there were literally zero, did you? :p