Missouri Governor Eric Greitens (R) admits to affair but denies blackmail

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
Missouri Governor Eric Greitens (R-50 Shades) admitted yesterday to having an affair with his hair stylist (a woman) in 2015 before he became governor.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics...itens-denies-blackmailing-slapping-woman.html
He, however, denies blindfolding her and binding her wrist and threatening her with revenge photos if she talked about the affair. Today, he had to deny allegations he slapped her as well. In 2016, Greitens ran as a conservative outsider, family values candidate in Missouri. There was talk of future Presidential aspirations. If Trump can be elected and Moore came so close in Alabama, how about this guy? Republicans will vote for all of the above.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Missouri Governor Eric Greitens (R-50 Shades) admitted yesterday to having an affair with his hair stylist (a woman) in 2015 before he became governor.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics...itens-denies-blackmailing-slapping-woman.html
He, however, denies blindfolding her and binding her wrist and threatening her with revenge photos if she talked about the affair. Today, he had to deny allegations he slapped her as well. In 2016, Greitens ran as a conservative outsider, family values candidate in Missouri. There was talk of future Presidential aspirations. If Trump can be elected and Moore came so close in Alabama, how about this guy? Republicans will vote for all of the above.

His first campaign ad for governor was him shooting shit up. Folks should spend some time reading up on him. He is shady as fuck when it comes to his approach to governing.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Wasn't he like a rising star in the GOP?? Someone who appealed to folks on both sides of the aisle?? I thought I saw him profiled on the national stage not even a year ago.

His stock must be falling faster than John Edwards' now...sucks for him.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Wasn't he like a rising star in the GOP?? Someone who appealed to folks on both sides of the aisle?? I thought I saw him profiled on the national stage not even a year ago.

His stock must be falling faster than John Edwards' now...sucks for him.

He appeals to the red meat base of the GOP. He had very little cross over appeal and completely sucks at actual governance.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
He appeals to the red meat base of the GOP. He had very little cross over appeal and completely sucks at actual governance.

Well, I must've read some fluff piece then because it was all about how he and his wife help kids in war torn countries or something. I thought it was pretty cool that a soldier would go back to the front unarmed to help kids out like that. I'm sure that would work too some Democrats. Of course, I have no idea what his policies as governor were like--I did see a thread on how he lowered the minimum wage though.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Yea, from what I've seen he spent a lot of time fighting with his own Republican controlled legislature who now are eagerly hanging him out to dry.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Yea, from what I've seen he spent a lot of time fighting with his own Republican controlled legislature who now are eagerly hanging him out to dry.

He is basically a younger, fitter Trump, he can't play well with anyone.

Jan 25, 2011
It’s cute that these same republicans are always telling us to respect the sanctity of marriage.

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Eat a bag of dicks, Governor.

Reactions: Aegeon

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Seeing indications that he wants to fight it out and make the legislature impeach and remove him. Result would be a total shit show for the party in the run up to the midterms.

Claire McCaskill has to be the luckiest person in politics in the last 20 years.

Reactions: vi edit

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Another arrogant prick hiding behind the fact that the great people of his state deserve him continuing doing the job they elected him to accomplish. He's staying to serve them not his own ambition. Another mentally ill hyper-male confused by the difference between personal dignity and being a sissy. His father probably worried he was a closet gay and regularly beat the shit out of him. It makes you tough, you know.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The sad part is even if he's convicted and thrown in jail, he'll still be politically viable on the right. After he gets out, he'll just run for office again.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Another Republican bites the dust for being a scumbag.

Looks like Democrats will have a chance to flip another governorship soon.

So much winning!

Nov 30, 2006
Greitens is accused of taking a photo of a woman without her permission who he had consensual sex with. Proof? Recording by her now ex-husband done secretly without her permission. The woman hasn't filed a complaint in either case. This is weird.

Last edited: