Mission Impossible 2

CromNogger

Jan 26, 2001
Sucked. I left after watching most of it, I was too bored. Wtf? I was expecting something much more interesting and fun. Oh well.

Antoneo

Diamond Member
May 25, 2001
Yeah that movie was horrible. you saw that scene where the two cars are sliding around together? WTH? made no sense... im sorry but i really cant stand movies that dont make too much sense. how the hell was he able to get up again after getting clobbered by a rock?

Einz

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
didn't like it too much either. dunno why i even bothered seeing it after the first one's plot confused me to hell and back :confused:

Infra

Jul 31, 2000
the movie was st00ped..but you can't argue that the music rocked..hans zimmer is a genius.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Well, I would say a good reason the movies sucked was because of how they wrote the script. John Woo basically gave them a list of the stunts he wanted to do and they wrote the script around that. Whatever happened to having a story first?

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Oh gimme a break, like everything in a movie nowadays has to make sense? I play the ending twenty minutes of M:I2 sometimes when people come over just for the sheer spectacle it provides. Action to the nth degree baby! I love this movie.

Limp Bizkit - Take A Look Around

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000
i was extremely dissapointed, i thought it was going to be good like the first one :|

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
look who directed it....i forget his name, but he's known for making those "hardcore" films. The movie straight out sucked, no question about it. The whole soundtracked sucked too, which contributed to the sucking movie. All these "impossible" moves and scenes made me gag. The only upside to the entire movie was that hot girl....thats it...

danny~!

SackOfAllTrades

Diamond Member
May 7, 2000
i don't know about you guys, but i like watching movies that involve things that don't really happen in real life...

anyway, john woo directed it and i think they just gave him too much control. it was too much action and not enough espionage (like the first one). i still enjoyed the movie though, maybe because i'm not an anal retentive.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I like that movie. It's more artsy than most action flicks and much better than the first MI, IMO. What I like about it is the freshness of it. It's kinda like a modernday spaghetti western, good style, good special effects, on top of a weak story. Good entertainment, but not very realistic.

Dark4ng3l

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2000
The story makes no sense, the stunts are way over the top but hey it looks cool and the action sequences are well filmed/done. It's action, not story. I mean sure almost everything in that movie is impossible but hey 1. it's mission impossible, not mission possible and 2. Most action movies are completely impossible too. Look at james bond movies he's in firefights with like 40 bad guys that never hit him and he kills all of them with 1 bullet each and never misses(or so it seems) and james bond movies are cool.

AmazonRasta

Banned
Dec 2, 2000
I also liked M:I much better than M:I 2.

I saw M:I 2 in theaters. I was hoping to see another great spy movie. Instead, I saw an action movie that made a poor attempt to be a spy movie.

Boo for John Woo and him ruining good films.

Aihyah

Banned
Apr 21, 2000
I saw M:I 2 in theaters. I was hoping to see another great spy movie. Instead, I saw an action movie that made a poor attempt to be a spy movie.

your expectations ruined the movie:p

i thought it was going to be a popcorn movie with some fun visuals.. and thats what it was. I thought the street fighter style fights were amusing:)

CromNogger

Jan 26, 2001
I prefer Bond movies over that one any day. Bond IMO is much better done than MI2 was. I just like the action a lot more and the whole Bond character, it's a classic and there have been many movies on it cuz it was successful. How many MI movies are there? 2... will there be many more if any? Unlikely!

uncouth

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000

<< will there be many more if any? Unlikely! >>

You're joking right?
MI:2 was/is a huge success. It rolled in more dough than &quot;The Matrix&quot;... more dough than &quot;Saving Private Ryan&quot;.... you better believe their going to be coming out with MI:3 !
Whether you like it or not we are looking at the start of the next franchise. I used imdb.com for my source on the $

ElPool

Oct 11, 2000

<< i was extremely dissapointed, i thought it was going to be good like the first one >>

same here. I liked the first one alot, and wanted another spy movie.

Dhruv

May 15, 2001
I saw that movie a long time ago in the theaters. It was pathetic, at best. I don't know whats up with John Woo sometimes. Broken Arrow also sucked ass. MI2 just reminded me of Asian Cheese. The fighting scenes were corny, and the 'action' scenes were overly dramatic.