Mission Impossible: 2

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Man... I saw this movie in the theatres, and I thought it was okay, so I got it today on DVD... I Found that this movie is allot better the 2nd time around, you know how you miss lines here and there the first time you watch the movie, but the stunts in this movie are F*ckin' awesome... and how about that Nyah girl? man... what I'd give to be Ethan Hunt! you get cool gadgets, fly off of cliffs, get a cool car, and a wicked hot chick! if you haven't seen Mission Impossible: 2, go rent it, it's kind of cool how things play out here and there.

P.S. - or you can just rent it for the girl.... :)

e_mc_2

Oct 9, 1999
The only thing mission imposible was trying to stay awake while watching it. YAWN.

[gore]I invented mission imposible 30 years ago when I served in V-et-nam[/gore]

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
The chick (Thandie Newton) is hot, and she is even hotter (and nekkid) in Beloved, but I can't see you guys watching Beloved! You would have to be me to put yourself through that. ;)

bujuranks

Oct 17, 2000
MI:2 was definitely better than part one. The stunts were awesome but even though Thandie Newton was very hot the movie would have been better off without her character.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The first one was better...the second one was too Matrix-"ish" with the effects. It was more action/stunt driven than story driven.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
the best action scene in MI-2 was the bike scenario.

the best drama scene is that few seconds where you see him walking passed (on the other side of the wall of fire) ...then... the dove.

YESSSSS!

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
MI2 was incredibly boring; I quit half-way through. I never got to the bike scene so I'll look at that scene before I send it back.

sweetrobin

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2000
I thought it was a good movie ... If you watch the making of the movie afterwards then you will see that Tom Cruise did all of his own stunts and all those matrix-ish kicks and flips and stuff he actually did ... he's a former gymnast .. who knew. I think that made it better being that I get so tired of actors having three stunt doubles .. I personally liked it better than the first one. Oh well opinions are like a$$holes .. everyone has got one.

hpkeeper

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
bujuranks how can you say that the movie would have been better without Thandie Newton? she was key... where she shot herself with the virus, she was the only existing virus left, which added to the drama... Sean couldn't kill her because he wanted the money, Tom Cruise wouldn't kill her because he needs a chick at the end of the movie to make love to because he's the good guy and good guys always get the chick... I think the movie was more based around Nyah than it was around ethan hunt. Every action she took Ethan had to have something to go along with it....

Champo41

May 11, 2000

<< the second one was too Matrix-&quot;ish&quot; with the effects >>

WTF? Which parts? Where all the action is done is slow motion? Sorry, but John Woo has been doing that his whole film career. Look at any of his movies, all the action is slowed down. He believes it's poetry or something; I myself believe it's just damn cool.

Everything just has to have a reference to the &quot;greatest film of all time&quot; Matrix.

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000
MI:2 sucked majorly
they took the plot from Rainbow Six
the stunts were horrendous

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I managed to stay awake, barely, but my girlfriend at that time fell a sleep right in the beginning. ITS BORING.

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< WTF? Which parts? Where all the action is done is slow motion? Sorry, but John Woo has been doing that his whole film career. Look at any of his movies, all the action is slowed down. He believes it's poetry or something; I myself believe it's just damn cool >>

Yeah, I agree. Watch the Killer or Hard Boiled you'll see the same in there. The only matrix type sequence I remember is at the very end when Ethan is fighting the villain (can't remember his name). He does this one &quot;wire-fu&quot; kick where he thinks he's Guile from Street Fighter.

<< the second one was too Matrix-&quot;ish&quot; with the effects >>

What does Matrix-ish mean anyway? Are you talking about using the wires and &quot;bullet time&quot;? Bullet time is the only thing Matrix made famous IMO. &quot;wire-fu&quot; has been used for years in Hong Kong movies.

EDIT: From what I remember of the movie, I don't think there was bullet time in it. I could be mistaken though, I was too busy drooling over Thandie Newton. :p ;)

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
Haven't seen MI2 and will keep trying to avoid it.

In regards to matrix, I liked it better when it was called Dark City.

Gloaras

Sep 14, 2000
The movie was good until I noticed something kinda weird in the motercycle scene at the end... They are using slicks when they are on the pavement and they are using threaded wheels on the sand. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't do a closeup on the wheel.......... :(