Misfortunate Situation (Help me out with a ticket)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: davepbrooks
Originally posted by: pyonir
Originally posted by: davepbrooks
god i fvcking hate cops

You never should ask for one to do ANYTHING for you ever in your life then. If you get ripped off, can't call the cops. Get in a car accident. Can't call the cops.

You're an idiot.

No your an idiot, I would be perfectly happy to exchange my "protection" for total immunity from cops, cops have never done anything to help me they just hastle me when they should be busting people who are actual criminals, they hastle honest hard working citizens because they have to meet quotas and its bullshit, how can you justify having a quota for "number of people who HAVE to be commiting a crime"

cops and highway patrol are just too much bullshit oriented to make me believe they're doing more good than harm, sherrifs i dont have a problem with because they're too busy with real calls to hastle the average joe for bullshit

All right :: opening a can :: My wife's been a cop for 12 years now. There are no "quotas" police have to keep (you're thinking of meter maids....they have to find a minimum number of parking violations per day). If you're doing something that's against the law, they need to enforce it. What you're suggesting is that while they're telling you to turn down your thrash metal, there's a rape victim laying at the curb waiting for help or something. First, there's more than one officer on duty at a time, so the critical calls are being taken care of (trust me). If there's no calls and they're on patrol, they're supposed to look for the minor violations because that's their job....to uphold the law. Second, you're suggesting that if what you're doing is illegal but minor, it should be overlooked. WHY HAVE A LAW IF IT'S NOT ENFORCED????? 99/100 times, if you did something minor and you're nice about it, they'll let you go with a warning. If you're being a jerk and a smart ass, they'll bust you for everything they can find on you to show you who's in charge. From your posts, it sounds like you frequently go down the smart ass route. The wife tells me stories all the time about "I pulled a guy over for a broken tail light. I was just going to tell him it was out and tell him he needs to get it fixed. He started calling me a "b!tch" and telling me to go harass someone else. He wouldn't shut up, so I cited him for the tail light, not having a muffler, and had his car towed due to a cracked windshield. He ended up having warrants for not showing up at court, so he was also arrested. If he was nice, he would have went home that night."

Bottom line, they're doing their job, you're doing something wrong. Get it?

crypticlogin

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2001
No your an idiot, I would be perfectly happy to exchange my "protection" for total immunity from cops, cops have never done anything to help me they just hastle me when they should be busting people who are actual criminals, they hastle honest hard working citizens because they have to meet quotas and its bullshit, how can you justify having a quota for "number of people who HAVE to be commiting a crime"
I was going to post something profound and witty, but I misread your post. I thought it said something like honest hard working citizens.

edit: gah, damn this keyboard and the mouse that likes to randomly click!

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Evadman
davepbrooks: This is your 14 post life! ( real quotes from his posts. )

His first thread topic: "Are there any real AIM IP sniffers out there?"
Thread on "H" cards: "what i read is 'wah wah wah i insist on giving my money to big giant corporate conglomerates so the rich can get richer' "
Thread on fast forwarding .asf files: "yah whats up with that, they make you wade through the "plot" when all you wanna see is the cum shots...sigh"
Thread on someone getting screwed by a buyer on Ebay: "Looks like your SOL :) hahahahaha"
This thread: Too many to list.

Why are we bothering? Hell, Jerboy was better than this.

good point Evadman. I guess we've found our newest forum moron that hopefully won't be around long.

Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Hankysmoo
I just want to get something clear right now: Did I break the law??? Just cuz a cop gave me a ticket doesn't mean its illegal! I'm innocent till proven guilty goddamit! =P

You would of if the cop hadn't been there. The way I see it, the cop did exactly what she was supposed to do. I bet she is posting on the internet right now about some dumbass driver who tried to get out of trick his way out of a ticket.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
LOL, I was just asking for opinions RGN, I'll edit my title cuz lots of ppl find it offensive and I was just a little mad that I got a ticket but geez, I sure don't like you and your attitude... :|

Jackass, you gotta get one thing straight. I don't like you or your piss poor excuse for the title. I happen to come from a long line of Peace officers, and I don't like to hear fvcktards talk like that. I don't care what you do, I don't care what you look like, I don't care what you say as long as I don't happen to run in to it. Stop polluting decent places with your stinking lying ass. You asked for opionions, well you got one. Don't like it? Kiss my ass.

Hankysmoo

Golden Member
May 27, 2000
Fritzo: She sure didn't cut me any slack.... =( I just said sorry officer, this is my first offense. Do you think I can just get a warning? She just shook her head and asked for my driver's license and registration and insurance....

Hankysmoo

Golden Member
May 27, 2000
RGN: I don't know what's stuck up your ass....but you truly have no respect or integrity. I'm not even gonna read what your next post will be or any of your posts as a matter of fact because it will just be filled with profanity and inane comments that have no substance....

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: RGN
LOL, I was just asking for opinions RGN, I'll edit my title cuz lots of ppl find it offensive and I was just a little mad that I got a ticket but geez, I sure don't like you and your attitude... :|

Jackass, you gotta get one thing straight. I don't like you or your piss poor excuse for the title. I happen to come from a long line of Peace officers, and I don't like to hear fvcktards talk like that. I don't care what you do, I don't care what you look like, I don't care what you say as long as I don't happen to run in to it. Stop polluting decent places with your stinking lying ass. You asked for opionions, well you got one. Don't like it? Kiss my ass.

I guess all those "Peace Officers" didn't make you very peaceful did they.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: ScottyB

I guess all those "Peace Officers" didn't make you very peaceful did they.

Depends. I could care less about most things, and rarely confront anyone. However, this struck a chord.

The use of the term "Pig" is as deragatory as the "N" word. If it is not socially acceptable to use the "N" word, why is it accepable to use the afore mentioned term?

Not to mention he wants advice about how to get out of a ticket, after he admits his intentions were illegal. He knew he act was, that is why he tried the parking ruse.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
The use of the term "Pig" is as deragatory as the "N" word. If it is not socially acceptable to use the "N" word, why is it accepable to use the afore mentioned term?
Maybe because someone can't help being black, but a cop doesn't have to be a cop.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
davepbrooks: Yeah, my post above refers to you too.

Hankysmoo: awww, a time for beddy bye... tenders ears and all. :D

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Maybe because someone can't help being black, but a cop doesn't have to be a cop.

So, your saying that it's ok because being a cop is a choice. That choice automatically means said cop can be disrespected simply because he/she has a badge? These are the people that put their life on the line simply by putting on clothes for work.

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
i think he shouldnt have gotten a ticket. he didnt commit the crime technically. he had the intention and same purpose as if he did, but he didnt do it. if he didnt do it, then obviously he shouldnt have gotten a ticket. the cop might say he just stopped, but he did technically, "park".

and nobody flame me just because i dont think he deserves a ticket. i never said i agree with what he chose to do, but i do believe the cop should only give tickets to people who actually broke the law.

if you didnt do it, dont pay for it. tell them to fsck themselves.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002

So, your saying that it's ok because being a cop is a choice. That choice automatically means said cop can be disrespected simply because he/she has a badge? These are the people that put their life on the line simply by putting on clothes for work.

I didn't say it was okay, I said maybe that's why. Responsibility has consequences and yes that choice means that cops can and will be disrespected. I have gay friends and thier choice automatically makes them disrespected by people, same difference.

Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by: LongCoolMother
i think he shouldnt have gotten a ticket. he didnt commit the crime technically. he had the intention and same purpose as if he did, but he didnt do it. if he didnt do it, then obviously he shouldnt have gotten a ticket. the cop might say he just stopped, but he did technically, "park".

and nobody flame me just because i dont think he deserves a ticket. i never said i agree with what he chose to do, but i do believe the cop should only give tickets to people who actually broke the law.

Actually, the cop was justified in issuing the ticket just by seeing him drive in the parking lane. You don't pull into the parking lane and drive for 1/2 a block before you park. Just because you eventually stop and 'presumably' park doesn't negate the fact that you were driving where you were supposed to be driving.

Murphyrulez

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001
Originally posted by: LongCoolMother
Ahh yes. That will help his case.

You broke the law. You didn't park with the intent to use your cellphone, or go shopping. YOU DIDNT PARK. You pulled in, you pulled out. You know you did, she knows you did.

Grow up and deal with it.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000

I didn't say it was okay, I said maybe that's why. Responsibility has consequences and yes that choice means that cops can and will be disrespected. I have gay friends and thier choice automatically makes them disrespected by people, same difference.

The difference is that cops are (possibly) giving their life to do their job. It is not a personal/private choice. There is not some sort of personal physical draw to being a cop. It is being a public servant, and putting up with the fact that people may _want to kill you_ for no other reason other than because you are there. It is the attitude of this threads original author that makes me angry. It is the same type of thing that law enforcment sees day in and day out. Somebody is caught holding the smoking gun and vehemently claims innocence. Then when that doesn't work, they blame the cop, their parents, their freinds... etc.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001

So does that mean you think it's ok to call gay people faggots and queers? Sure as hell sounds like that's exactly what you're saying.

<-- considering law enforcement as a career

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Just explain to the judge that while in the middle of flogging your dolphin while driving you determined that an unsafe driving condition was about to occur and that in an effort to avoid a possible accident you pulled over and parked to finish your business and once you were done you decided to continue on your merry way.

Hankysmoo

Golden Member
May 27, 2000
"Somebody is caught holding the smoking gun and vehemently claims innocence. Then when that doesn't work, they blame the cop, their parents, their freinds... etc. "

Ok, RGN i've seen enuff of your BS, if you want to do an analogy...do it right. Since when have I "vehemently claimed innocent"? All I've been asking the whole time was what other ppl thot about the situation...nothing more nothing less. Second of all, I apologized about the title but you continue to attack my character. What is up with that Mr. Peace Officer? I assume you have never made a mistake in your life, as no one as righteous as you has even come close to doing wrong am I right?
rolleye.gif
And just cuz somebody is caught holding a smoking gun, who said he shot anyone or did anything illegal with the gun? As Viper GTS said above, this is kinda like Minority Report. Would we seriously want to live in a world where people were charged with crimes of intent? I sure hope the law is as ruthless as you want it to be because one of these days you're gonna make a mistake and no one would ever cut you some slack or "listen" to your side of the story but rather call you a jackass and a fvcktard.

PS Thanks to everyone who gave their opinion in a mature fashion. I really appreciate it.