Misery v2.0

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Stalker (all 3 I guess) is the one game that I can always come back to. Never found a game quite like it. Will definitely try this out when the bugs are fixed.

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
Just started playing Stalker CS. I remember giving the game a try years ago and stopped when I died walking through the anomalies (Dumb). Present day, I figured I would give it a try again, since steam had it on sale for $2.50. So I finally figured out how to walk past the anomalies and now I am in love with the game. It's very tough, but creepy and the weapon mechanics are pretty realistic. Very fun! This mod for COP looks pretty cool - I will have to wait for another steam sale though :(

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
Just started playing Stalker CS. I remember giving the game a try years ago and stopped when I died walking through the anomalies (Dumb). Present day, I figured I would give it a try again, since steam had it on sale for $2.50. So I finally figured out how to walk past the anomalies and now I am in love with the game. It's very tough, but creepy and the weapon mechanics are pretty realistic. Very fun! This mod for COP looks pretty cool - I will have to wait for another steam sale though :(

A lot of people don't like Clear Sky, but I think it was a very solid game. You have to understand that it is a prequel to Shadow of Chernobyl to get anything from the story and better understand the environments, and I think a lot of critics for some reason didn't get that about it.

I usually play ClearSky with the Complete Mod, because I ran into several game-breaking bugs without it....Complete seems to clear most of that up.

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
A lot of people don't like Clear Sky, but I think it was a very solid game. You have to understand that it is a prequel to Shadow of Chernobyl to get anything from the story and better understand the environments, and I think a lot of critics for some reason didn't get that about it.

I usually play ClearSky with the Complete Mod, because I ran into several game-breaking bugs without it....Complete seems to clear most of that up.

I like it very much so far. I was thinking of playing this one first because it's a prequel to the first. I know it's not in correct order to release date. I am only a couple hours in. Should I stop and play SOC first? I saw the Complete mod, does it really make that much of a difference? I have found a bug where I cannot run the game in DX10 for some reason, just CTD everything I get into the settings menu.

Oct 25, 2006
I need to stop playing CoP. I must have played Soc about 6 times, while playing CoP about a dozen times with tons of different mods.

Goddamnit.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
I like it very much so far. I was thinking of playing this one first because it's a prequel to the first. I know it's not in correct order to release date. I am only a couple hours in. Should I stop and play SOC first? I saw the Complete mod, does it really make that much of a difference? I have found a bug where I cannot run the game in DX10 for some reason, just CTD everything I get into the settings menu.

Unless you can find another mod that fixes some of the bugs (mainly main-story missions that refuse to end after being completed), than I would recommend Complete just to take care of those.

There may be something out there that fixes them without adding the other enhancements, but I haven't looked. I generally don't like how Complete throws gear and money around like candy, so if I decide to revisit ClearSky, I may look for an alternative.

As far as which game to play first, ShoC or CS, I think either way is fine. If you play ShoC first, you get the perspective of the core story before visiting The Zone before those events took place. If you play CS first, than it's just the opposite.......but either way will be fine.

ShoC is the far better game, no doubt. CS is certainly worth a play, though.....and I've probably gone through it at least a half dozen times.

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
Unless you can find another mod that fixes some of the bugs (mainly main-story missions that refuse to end after being completed), than I would recommend Complete just to take care of those.

There may be something out there that fixes them without adding the other enhancements, but I haven't looked. I generally don't like how Complete throws gear and money around like candy, so if I decide to revisit ClearSky, I may look for an alternative.

As far as which game to play first, ShoC or CS, I think either way is fine. If you play ShoC first, you get the perspective of the core story before visiting The Zone before those events took place. If you play CS first, than it's just the opposite.......but either way will be fine.

ShoC is the far better game, no doubt. CS is certainly worth a play, though.....and I've probably gone through it at least a half dozen times.

Thanks for the info. One of the forum members was kind enough to give me SOC for free. I will start playing that one first, then come back to Clear Sky. I will wait for the next steam sale to get Call of Pripyat.

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
If you want to play the "best" SoC. Install AMK. Its the best overhaul mod for SoC.

Should I play through the vanilla game first? Or just install this mod? For some reason I cannot get the game to start through steam.
I get an application error 0X022 and the game won't start-- Ugh..

Oct 25, 2006
Should I play through the vanilla game first? Or just install this mod? For some reason I cannot get the game to start through steam.
I get an application error 0X022 and the game won't start-- Ugh..

Definitely play through the vanilla game first. Its damn good.

JeffNY35

Dec 16, 2009
Unfortunately not having luck getting this to work. Upon entering the zone the sound loops and it just freezes. I haven't really hunted for a fix. Took it as a bad sign....mods are generally risky.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
are you guys trying to get me to complete all 3 games for the third time?!?

ok then