Miracle no one was shot.. but hey this is Liberal New York City

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
That's a fucking brawl. It's definitely good nobody was packing heat. Statistics show crime like this (assault, property crimes, etc) is similar in rates in some other first world countries, but obviously the homicide rates are way lower. Because guns make situations like this fucking way worse. Not only killing each other, but stray shots killing innocent bystanders. You don't really hear about stray knife stabs killing distant innocent bystanders.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I mean Joe's is decent but I'm not about to get whacked in the skull with a pizza peel for it.

BTW I agree with the staff.. you're allowed to put Pineapple on the pizza.. I've actually perfected a recipe that my wife loves..

Reactions: Ken g6

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
BTW I agree with the staff.. you're allowed to put Pineapple on the pizza.. I've actually perfected a recipe that my wife loves..
Pineapple on pizza is great - good mix of sweet and savory and it's done in a million different foods all over the world. I feel like the whole pineapple pizza hate is just some weird meme people got attached to.

Reactions: Ken g6

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I will never understand why people like that place so much other than it's been on TV a lot.

I think that's it basically. It's no better or worse than most slice places.

NYC has far better pizza to offer though. I still lust after the Sicilian with pepperoni at Prince St.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

NYC has far better pizza to offer though. I still lust after the Sicilian with pepperoni at Prince St.
I always liked Anna Maria on Bedford ave, although I haven't been there in years because I don't live in that area anymore.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

Is Lombardi's actually worth $35 a pie and waiting an hour?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I had it once years ago. Thought it was good if not really up to hype.
Pizza is like buffalo wings in that I don't buy into the whole 'this is the best pizza in the world' thing. Once you reach a certain level of goodness, which plenty of places do, it's all kind of the same. (which is to say, really good!)

When you get into the fancy pizza with unique recipes and all that it's different, but a pepperoni slice can only get so perfected.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Zorba

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Pizza is like buffalo wings in that I don't buy into the whole 'this is the best pizza in the world' thing. Once you reach a certain level of goodness, which plenty of places do, it's all kind of the same. (which is to say, really good!)

When you get into the fancy pizza with unique recipes and all that it's different, but a pepperoni slice can only get so perfected.

Yeah I generally agree with this. I've got maybe three or four places that I truly love because they offer something fairly unique that appeals to me. The rest is mostly about avoiding the really bad pizza when picking places.

Dec 10, 2005
Is Lombardi's actually worth $35 a pie and waiting an hour?
Never went to that one. My favorite was probably John's on Bleeker, and it was never a long wait or $$$$ for a pie. However, good pizza is also easy to come by in NYC, so I was never restricted to a single place.

Nov 8, 2012

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Ah yes - Good old New York. Where people take pleasantry hobbies in beating the shit out of 60+ year old elderly folks with walkers.

Next lets hit up a good ol' 68-year old as well randomly:

All in a good days work. What a great place to live. This is simply what happened in the last 2 days, take a look at the last week - or month lol.

Imagine how many stories like this you could find if NYC had a violent crime rate anywhere near most cities in Texas!

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Imagine how many stories like this you could find if NYC had a violent crime rate anywhere near most cities in Texas!

Houston, worse than NYC by far. And you are also stuck living in, well, Houston. This is as of early June this year, so 6 weeks ago - and NYC is about to have a July with one of the lowest homicide rates on record EVER. So Houston is just padding that lead.

HOUSTON – Homicide rates are rising once again across the country after last year’s spike, and Houston is faring worse than the largest U.S. cities.

Four homicides in Houston in the last 24-hours have brought the total this year to 199, a 35% increase over 2020.

Compare that to only a 5% increase in homicides so far over last year in Chicago, a 17% increase in New York and a 23% increase in Los Angeles.

The total number of homicides is also higher in Houston than in Los Angeles, a city with nearly twice the population. It’s also higher than New York City, a city of more than eight million people.

“It requires a city-wide, holistic, comprehensive approach,” Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said on Wednesday in City Council when asked about the crime wave.

“You cannot piecemeal that. Now certainly, HPD is in the best position to move its resources around. But they are limited resources,” he added.

The latest slaying in Houston happened at an apartment complex along the 7000 block of Bellfort Street in southeast Houston. One man died from a gunshot wound.

Also on Wednesday, a man was found dead in northeast Houston, another downtown, and a fourth in southwest Houston. HPD said he was shot to death while pumping gas.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Houston, worse than NYC by far. And you are also stuck living in, well, Houston. This is as of early June this year, so 6 weeks ago - and NYC is about to have a July with one of the lowest homicide rates on record EVER. So Houston is just padding that lead.

HOUSTON – Homicide rates are rising once again across the country after last year’s spike, and Houston is faring worse than the largest U.S. cities.

Four homicides in Houston in the last 24-hours have brought the total this year to 199, a 35% increase over 2020.

Compare that to only a 5% increase in homicides so far over last year in Chicago, a 17% increase in New York and a 23% increase in Los Angeles.

The total number of homicides is also higher in Houston than in Los Angeles, a city with nearly twice the population. It’s also higher than New York City, a city of more than eight million people.

“It requires a city-wide, holistic, comprehensive approach,” Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said on Wednesday in City Council when asked about the crime wave.

“You cannot piecemeal that. Now certainly, HPD is in the best position to move its resources around. But they are limited resources,” he added.

The latest slaying in Houston happened at an apartment complex along the 7000 block of Bellfort Street in southeast Houston. One man died from a gunshot wound.

Also on Wednesday, a man was found dead in northeast Houston, another downtown, and a fourth in southwest Houston. HPD said he was shot to death while pumping gas.
You must not watch Fox, every one of their viewers knows that liberal cities are the only ones out of control.

Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69