minor acne - what do you use?

PCboy

Jul 9, 2001
Just wondering what some people here use to clear non-inflammatory acne. Right now, I'm using this and this. It's nothing too serious that I'd have to take Accutane, but it's those closed comedos/whiteheads that are bothering me, especially when they are little bumps.. it's so tempting to scratch it off. How long would it take for them to disappear if I use the two acne treatments I have listed above?

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
A Shower.

I have a few minor things here and there, nothing huge at all. I don't even do anything to try to kill it or whatever, it eventually goes away.

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000
I used to always be touching my face without noticing it. Stopping that helped.

boomdart

Jan 10, 2004
Go to wal-mart, and get a clear bottle with orange fluid in it... I forget the name, I ran out but I need to go buy more. It works awesome! I haven't had acne since i started using it. It's an oil-free acne face wash, and I use it twice a day in the shower and right before bed. It also makes your face feel perfectly clean right after using it.

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
Originally posted by: boomdart
Go to wal-mart, and get a clear bottle with orange fluid in it... I forget the name, I ran out but I need to go buy more. It works awesome! I haven't had acne since i started using it. It's an oil-free acne face wash, and I use it twice a day in the shower and right before bed. It also makes your face feel perfectly clean right after using it.

Originally posted by: PCboy
Right now, I'm using this and this.

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000

Neutrogena Deep Clean? That's what I use too, I can't stand not washing my face.

PCboy

Jul 9, 2001

Heh, yeah, that's what I'm using. Good to see it has some feedback. :)

Mungla

Dec 23, 2000
Go to the cosmetics section in walmart and get those facial cleansing clothes (the ones that women use to remove makeup at night). They come in little plastic containers. These are absolutely the only thing that work for me (besides a hot shower).

Getting rid of acne does not happen overnight. Basically, use these pads to remove the oil from your face at night. Then take a hot shower in the morning and scrub your face with a washcloth.

All of the acne medicine on the market would make me break out worse. Unless you have pits all over your face, steer clear of that crap. They're to be used only after your face has been properly cleaned. They won't clear your pores.

My roomie had awful acne at the first of the semester. He's always had bad acne... Until he moved in with me that is. I told him what to buy and how to use them. Results? His face is almost completely clear now.

nanyangview

Banned
Jun 11, 2002
Sebachem's Clear face series of facial wash works very well, it uses lots of natural ingredients such as a special coconut extract to kill the germs.

Neostrata works very well too

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Peach apricot scrub - it's a rought scrum that really cleans your pores.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: godspeedx
Originally posted by: stormbv
I used to always be touching my face without noticing it. Stopping that helped.

I was the same way, acne is hardly a problem now.

Yea it works great. Just don't use it too often, you might rub the skin off of your face.

johnjbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
Anyone have acne on their back. I shower 2 times a day and scrub my back clean with soap everytime, but it still comes back. I dont have much acne on my face though.
Any recommendations for that?

Lars

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: johnjbruin
Anyone have acne on their back. I shower 2 times a day and scrub my back clean with soap everytime, but it still comes back. I dont have much acne on my face though.

I use this.

johnjbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Lars
Originally posted by: johnjbruin

I use this.

Hmmm....
How often do you use it and how do you apply it on your back? Do you run out pretty fast? And how huch does it cost?

DPlatypus

Oct 26, 2003
Oral antibiotics work the best and are well tolerated. You just pop a couple pills a day and you won't need to put that crap on your face. Your doctor should be willing to write you a prescription for minocycline. It's harmless.

upsciLLion

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Sometimes washing your face can over-dry your skin and cause your body to produce too much oil to compensate for the dryness. I typically wash my face twice a day and use rubbing alcohol if needed. I notice that I will get a little bit more acne if the weather is quite cold and dry. Also make sure to change your pillow case and towel often. Probably once a week is sufficient. Oh yeah, and like others said be sure not to touch your face.

ups

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
facecloth

you shouldn't use facecloths. the oil can build up in them, and eventually you'll be scrubbing your face with oil. best thing to use facecloths for are to pat your skin dry after washing.

i use clean and clear. the deep cream cleanser at night, and their foaming facial cleanser in the morning. if you want, you could also try using an astringent and wiping that over your face.

acne doesn't disappear, it just lessens. it should not be much of a problem once you're out of high school.